Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 03-15-2022, 01:19 AM   #1
Graham Freeman

Default V8 Times

I am a New Zealand V8 Club Member.
Up until now with the exception of one issue some time back all issues have been received no problem even if some times a little late.
A couple of weeks back the Nov/Dec issue finally turned up in the normal yellow envelope.
Some local members still have not received this issue.
Today another magazine arrived this time in a white envelope with a mailing date of 24th Feb.
Great I thought I have the Jan/Feb issue.
No it wasn't but another copy of the Nov/Dec issue.
What is going on?
Graham
Graham Freeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2022, 05:12 AM   #2
koates

Default Re: V8 Times

Graham, Well whats going on is a bloody good question. The V8 club uses Cornerstone Registration to organize memberships and the V8 Times magazine to be distributed world wide. They blame covid and the reduction in transport issues for the hold ups. I still dont have a NOV/DEC issue yet and no JAN/FEB issue either. They say the magazine on line is a good substitute but I prefer the real thing to read at my leisure. I paid three years in advance membership. I think our magazines will eventually arrive sometime maybe. If they dont turn up then I will cease to be a member after fifty years. Regards, Kevin.
koates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2022, 05:39 AM   #3
DavidG

So why post your question here rather than on the Club website?
DavidG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2022, 06:55 AM   #4
deuce lover

The Postal Service™ is temporarily suspending international mail acceptance for certain destinations due to impacts related to the COVID-19 pandemic and other unrelated service disruptions. Customers: please refrain from mailing items addressed to the countries listed here, until further notice.

Suspensions
Afghanistan
Cuba
Papua New Guinea
Syria
Australia*
Laos
Russia
Timor-Leste
Bhutan
Libya
Samoa
Turkmenistan
Brunei
Mongolia
Solomon Islands
Yemen
Chad
New Zealand**
South Sudan

These service disruptions affect Priority Mail Express International® (PMEI), Priority Mail International® (PMI), First-Class Mail International® (FCMI), First-Class Package International Service® (FCPIS®), International Priority Airmail® (IPA®), International Surface Air Lift® (ISAL®), and M-Bag® items.
*Australia’s service disruption affects Priority Mail International® (PMI), International Priority Airmail® (IPA®) M-Bags, International Surface Air Lift® (ISAL®) M-Bags, and Airmail M-Bags.
**New Zealand’s service disruption affects International Priority Airmail® (IPA®) M-Bags, International Surface Air Lift® (ISAL®) M-Bags, and Airmail M-Bags.

THIS is maybe why.Not the fault of V8 Club.

International Mail Service Suspensions

Updated: March 11, 2022

Last edited by deuce lover; 03-15-2022 at 01:37 PM. Reason: deleteing
deuce lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2022, 01:32 PM   #5
Graham Freeman

I would David but I have given up trying to log on to the website.
Keeps telling me I have incorrect password.
Get sent information on setting up a new password but that just goes around and around and I get no where.
Graham Freeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2022, 01:55 PM   #6
V8COOPMAN

[QUOTE=deuce lover;2113090]

THIS is maybe why.Not the fault of V8 Club.

It damned-well IS the fault of V8 Club when a second batch of the same, PREVIOUS editions are put into a WHITE envelope instead of the normal YELLOW!

No "ROCKET SCIENCE" was involved to figure-out that much! DD

'35-'36 W/8BA & MECHANICAL FAN

T5 W/TORQUE TUBE
V8COOPMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2022, 03:01 PM   #7
DavidG

And the point of your oversized rant over the color of an envelope is?
Old 03-15-2022, 04:03 PM   #8
petehoovie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidG View Post
Good one, David...

"Silver rings, your butt! Them's washers!"
"We shot our way out of that town for a dollar's worth of steel holes!" - from 'The Wild Bunch' - 1969

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NReUd2_0u0
petehoovie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2022, 04:09 PM   #9
V8COOPMAN

Quote:

David.....Maybe my "oversized rant" wasn't oversized enough. Did you NOT read the quoted line in RED.....

"Not the fault of V8 Club."

.....suggesting that "The Club" should bear no blame for the gentleman's (Graham Freeman) previous AND current issues going astray. Admittedly, The Club has no control over the Post Office, but The Club has obviously lost it's way somehow when it is sending duplicate issues, and in oddball-colored envelopes, to add to the confusion. DD

'35-'36 W/8BA & MECHANICAL FAN

T5 W/TORQUE TUBE
V8COOPMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2022, 04:23 PM   #10
koates

Quote:
David, It seems to be annoying to you that we are posting our gripe here, but it seems that Australia and New Zealand are lumped in with other third world countries for some reason. Maybe we are just too far away for the postal service to worry about us. Is the money we have paid in advance no good anymore. During this period I have had a couple of normal post items posted in good time from the USA, I think it is up to the V8 club to do some chasing up on this issue. The V8 club have been contacted by our country representative but with no results. Regards, Kevin.
koates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2022, 04:36 PM   #11
DavidG

Trevor will get no more satisfaction than if I were to ask you to intervene with the Australian postal authorities to address my concerns about your country's outbound mail practices.

If you read the fine print of the outbound U.S. restrictions to Australia and New Zealand, they do not affect first class mail, which may be what you are receiving. If the Club were to mail you the magazine by first class mail, it would triple the cost of your membership.

It is silly to go on and on about matters beyond our collective control as frustrating they may be. The reason that the restrictions exist has nothing to do with first or third world status, but rather the pandemic-related curtailment of air cargo shipments and the related delays in surface shipping that have occurred around the world.

Last edited by DavidG; 03-15-2022 at 04:52 PM. Reason: cool down
Old 03-15-2022, 06:04 PM   #12
petehoovie

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8COOPMAN View Post
David.....Maybe my "oversized rant" wasn't oversized enough. Did you NOT read the quoted line in RED.....

"Not the fault of V8 Club."

.....suggesting that "The Club" should bear no blame for the gentleman's (Graham Freeman) previous AND current issues going astray. Admittedly, The Club has no control over the Post Office, but The Club has obviously lost it's way somehow when it is sending duplicate issues, and in oddball-colored envelopes, to add to the confusion. DD

"We shot our way out of that town for a dollar's worth of steel holes!" - from 'The Wild Bunch' - 1969

Old 03-15-2022, 09:58 PM   #13
nelsb01

To Graham:
While many use the Ford Barn to search, ask and get information -- It has nothing to do with V-8 Club or its web site.
IF...............you had sent the web administrator an email from the Early Ford V-8 Club web site, you would have recieved an answer by now AND your credentials to sign in and be able to use the site as intended.
I have been asked to respond to you on this site and am doing so, but you need to send the web administrator an email asking for help with your problem.

Here is the link for you to submit https://www.earlyfordv8.org/Contact_Us.cfm

I hope to be able to assist you in solving your log in problem.

Bruce Nelson
Web Administrator
Early Ford V-8 Club
nelsb01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2022, 01:12 AM   #14
bobH

No matter the info/comments/gripes here, I still say 'sumpin seems to be going on'. I just got my Jan/Feb magazine, early March. What's with that? I'm not particularly complaining, just observing. And, on a side note, something weird about the cover. Top half of the print looks perfectly done. For some reason, the bottom half of the print is 'miss-aligned'. The feature car, at the RF A-pillar, the front half is miss-aligned with the back half. How'd they do that? How'd they get the top half of the picture perfect, and miss-align the bottom half? I wonder if my copy of the magazine is 'typical', or, do I have a 'one-only'. Oh well, again, not complaining, just observing.
As for reference to the club web site... I never use it.
bobH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2022, 10:44 AM   #15
F1 MIKE

No JAN/FEB Sumpin 1s going on.
F1 MIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2022, 10:50 AM   #16
rockfla

U S Postal Service!!!! COMMON DENOMINATOR
rockfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2022, 11:05 AM   #17
deuce_roadster

Here is a good example of the competence of some of the PO workers. Another Barn member living in Seattle is rebuilding a "Wonderbar" radio for me. He sent the speaker to a place in Oregon to be reconed. This is probably at most 200 miles away from Seattle. Very good and complete return label info was covered up by a PO created label that only contained "Seattle" and a "Zip code". No name or address. After 22 days and some tracking help from another PO worker, the box containing the speaker went back and forth from the Portland main distribution center to the Seattle main distribution center something like 40+ times !! At either end of the round trips, nobody bothered to look at the PO created label and notice it was missing information like NAME and HOUSE NUMBER. After intervention, the mangled box did arrive and by some miracle, the speaker wasn't damaged.
deuce_roadster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2022, 11:25 AM   #18
tubman

Re : The USPS; you get what you pay for, just like any other business. As to occasional bad experiences? Well, they happen in any large business. I have just gone through of two weeks of Hell with Federal Express, and it's not the first time. In my experience, any problems that the USPS has pale in comparison with FEDEX. I will not use them in any more, but unfortunately, others have not learned the lesson.
tubman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2022, 11:44 AM   #19
rockfla

Deuce Roadster
Better than your story.....My company has been in business since 1952 and in its present location since 1962. We have a customer we have been doing business with pretty much ALL of that time (and they are like us, been in business and the same location ALL of that time) that is 2 blocks from us/less than 1/4 mile.......They have had their mail show up in 3 to 4 weeks from us.......I have had invoices returned saying "incorrect address" and then SOME Invoices not show up at ALL!!!!
rockfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2022, 01:01 PM   #20
petehoovie