Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 04-23-2011, 10:15 AM   #41
Deluxe Delivery

Default Re: Has Anyone Installed Cartouche Seat Covers?

Ok, I'll post them here. Not braggin, (well maybe a little) but I am an amateur and enjoy every second workin on my A. I just took my time and followed LB's instructions.!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dd corners 010.jpg (65.5 KB, 71 views)
File Type: jpg dd uph 006.jpg (25.1 KB, 64 views)
File Type: jpg dd uph 008.jpg (23.2 KB, 71 views)
File Type: jpg garage 001.jpg (38.6 KB, 76 views)
File Type: jpg garage 002.jpg (57.0 KB, 63 views)
Deluxe Delivery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 10:32 AM   #42
rmak

Nice job! I'm inspired by you amateur upholsters.
rmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 12:58 PM   #43
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeDahlinger View Post
I don't need to explain myself any further, as I've made it pretty clear what my point is. Sure you do post often, sometimes your posts are thinly veiled attempts for pushing your business, sometimes your posts are arrogant as hell, and sometimes you post something that is neither.

Looking back thru the archives, this has come up before and I suspect it will continue in the future.

This is simply my opinion and I suppose you'll call me a jerk here too, but I'm not the only one who notices your constant free advertising.

Luke, if it had not been for your last sentance, I would have replied to you privately but so that we are 'crystal clear' for those others that you referred to, I will say this here.

First off, I think you are fairly new to Fordbarn as I only noticed you have come onto the scene within the past few months so you probably do not know the history of me here or back when Shelly owned the site so there are probably some things that should be pointed out;

Yes, this topic has come up before by people shouting from the "cheap seats" who really don't know the facts. If you look at all the posts I have made here, NO WHERE will you ever find me asking for business, suggesting they use my services, ...or me telling someone that I have something for sale that they need. Again, I have made over 1400 posts, and I challenge you find just one! The reason I do that is simply because I do not want to be guilty of that very issue you falsely accused me of. Ironically, if my main objective for making forum posts is only to attract business, I believe one could make a valid point that I would be doing the same on all Model A web forums out there so as to reach the maximum amount of hobbyists yet this is the only forum I write on, --so that is probably not my motive for making what you termed as thinly veiled attempts of pushing my business.

Next, while the old Fordbarn asked that people refrain from making commercial posts, Peter & Shelly both had told me on several occasions that I was giving way more back to the site than what I was deriving by putting my business name on my posts and therefore they had no problem with it whatsoever. No where have I seen anything either written or commanded from Ryan that states me posting my business name or web address is unethical, ...or against this forum's rules. Therefore if he has no issue with it, why should you, --or any of the others that you mentioned care?

So, based on what you have read in the archives, just how much business would you say I have derived by posting here? Would you say that amount would be greater or less than the value of the information I have freely shared with those in need? If you truly knew how much business I have ever obtained from my presence here, and knew how much I have tried to give back either thru written posts, or answered private PMs or e-mails, or have talked with fellow Fordbarners on the phone (at my expense), --or know the expense I incurred on hosting free Fordbarn Workshops for fellow folks to attend, ...if you truly knew these facts, I think you would be ashamed to have even made those comments & allegations, --but maybe I am wrong in this regard too.

If none of the above is believable to you (or anyone else), then I am kindly going to suggest that you go to the Control Panel and click on the left where about 10 items down is an Edit Ignore List button. May I suggest that you click on that and then type in BRENT in 10-uh-C and add me to that list so you will never ever see my "arrogant as hell" posts again.

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

BRENT in 10-uh-C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 01:09 PM   #44
msmaron

Send a message via AIM to msmaron

Quote:
I don't need to explain myself any further, as I've made it pretty clear what my point is. Sure you do post often, sometimes your posts are thinly veiled attempts for pushing your business, sometimes your posts are arrogant as hell, and sometimes you post something that is neither.

Looking back thru the archives, this has come up before and I suspect it will continue in the future.

This is simply my opinion and I suppose you'll call me a jerk here too, but I'm not the only one who notices your constant free advertising.

Sorry but in 5 years i have NEVER EVER Known Brent to "Solicit" his business in any way at all. What i do notice is informative, educational answers and posts that benefit those who come here for that reason, If others come to comment and waste time and space, so be it, but please dont accuse Brent Terry of anything deceitful ever...Accuse him and OTHERS for giving us the knowledge that many of us look for and want!

JMHO!!
National Facebook Admin.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MARC.group/

A7191-Sport Coupe
29 Roadster
29-Town Sedan
29-Original Special Coupe
msmaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 01:26 PM   #45
LukeDahlinger
BANNED

Deleted to avoid further stirring the shitpot.

Last edited by LukeDahlinger; 04-23-2011 at 03:16 PM.
LukeDahlinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 01:31 PM   #46
msmaron

Quote:
As for mentioning your name and soliciting services in your posts-
You don't have to. Entries like "We do it like this in my shop", "Among my many clients", "My clients _______ " etc ad nauseum. It still gets the point across that you have a shop and do x number of cars each year or how many you enter in fine point, etc etc..

WTF does this have to do with the question asked about seat covers., Why the hell would YOU hijack a post that is to teach with this crap!! Your one of the problems here... STICK TO THE TOPIC and leave your OPINIONS at home and let us all learn here!! That is WHY WE are here.....!!! Get it
National Facebook Admin.

A7191-Sport Coupe
29 Roadster
29-Town Sedan
Old 04-23-2011, 01:57 PM   #47
Mitch//pa
BANNED

i wanted to post a clearer picture of what i was talking about with the wear marks on my cartouche material. this is where my knee touches the door panel. the drivers seat is becoming the same way especially on the bottom. i have another tudor with an l-b interior thats older than the cartouche and no wear marks yet on that..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 52a33490.jpg (27.8 KB, 71 views)
Mitch//pa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 02:01 PM   #48
msmaron

Looks like the DYE is coming off and wearing the material away?
National Facebook Admin.

A7191-Sport Coupe
29 Roadster
29-Town Sedan
Old 04-23-2011, 02:06 PM   #49
Mitch//pa
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmaron View Post
Looks like the DYE is coming off and wearing the material away?

it really sucks i think i am, going to call them and see what they want to do. as i stated before my car gets very little use.
Mitch//pa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 02:08 PM   #50
msmaron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch//pa View Post
it really sucks i think i am, going to call them and see what they want to do. as i stated before my car gets very little use.

For SURE call them, you have NOTHING To loose and all to gain, if they send new panels you are at a win win situation.......until it happens again!
National Facebook Admin.

A7191-Sport Coupe
29 Roadster
29-Town Sedan
Old 04-23-2011, 05:13 PM   #51
CWPASADENA

Thumbs up Re: Has Anyone Installed Cartouche Seat Covers?-Off topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl View Post
Heck I'm a Doctor with simaler length of experience and I'm not sure
I could do my dog at home .I might at a pinch manage a dog ( ? an orchidectomy) but a bitch might be a little more fun. My understanding is you do a hysterectomy -am I right ? -Karl
WOW!!!!!

Talk about staying on the topic.

This thread started as a question about installing seat covers and went on to raking Brent over the coals and now we are into giving a bitch a hysterectomy.

Who ever said THE BARN was not a LOT OF FUN???????

Again, This is JUST MY OPINION

Chris
CWPASADENA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 06:25 PM   #52
wardkew

I just finished the seat and rumble seat for my '31 roadster with a L-B kit. I've never done any upholstry before, and was surprised that it wasn't more difficult. The L-B install instruction on their web page helped alot, although I wasn't impressed with the written instructions. The seat material isn't as heavy as I had hoped, but given the amount of use my car gets, it should be fine. The kick panels and door panels went on w/out a hitch, and the rumble panels went in with the help of some choice words.

Is the kit going to get you awards at a serious meet? Nope, put it looks pretty good at the ice cream stand on a a Friday night.

I say go for it. If worse case, you get the kit and can't make it work, then take it to an installer and have them put it in.
wardkew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 04:29 PM   #53
Karl

Default Re: Has Anyone Installed Cartouche Seat Covers?-Off topic

[QUOTE=5window;198199]Since we're here-....[/QUOTE\

Gotta be better than where we were!!! I'm off for a drive in the A despite the fact that is autumn here and raining heavily. Karl
Karl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 05:06 PM   #54
5window

Default Re: Has Anyone Installed Cartouche Seat Covers?-Off topic

[QUOTE=Karl;198363]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5window View Post
Since we're here-....[/QUOTE\

Gotta be better than where we were!!! I'm off for a drive in the A despite the fact that is autumn here and raining heavily. Karl
Have a nice ride. It's spring here and raining heavily. Again.
5window is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 05:56 PM   #55
James Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmaron View Post
WTF does this have to do with the question asked about seat covers., Why the hell would YOU hijack a post that is to teach with this crap!! Your one of the problems here... STICK TO THE TOPIC and leave your OPINIONS at home and let us all learn here!! That is WHY WE are here.....!!! Get it
mark, some people never GET IT.
James Rogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 08:14 PM   #56
BILL WILLIAMSON

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Rogers View Post
mark, some people never GET IT.
Why are some folks so KRANKY AND PICKY?? Takes all the enjoyment out of it! [}:]> (That's my party hat) Lighten up!!
Old 04-24-2011, 08:31 PM   #57
Cob
Administrator

Exclamation Re: Has Anyone Installed Cartouche Seat Covers?

You know - some of you guys seem to have a problem of drawing attention to yourselves by posting totally off topic junk and ruin for everyone else.

For those who posted off topic whatever, my suggestion is you remember what web site you are on and not forget - sooner than later.

Sorry to those who posted on topic subjects but keep me posted ( report ) if another guy decides his off topic subject discussion seems to be more relavant when it isn't and he'll get more than a reminder.

Thank you.................

Last edited by Cob; 04-24-2011 at 10:57 PM.
Cob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 08:33 AM   #58
ronn

I guess everyone forgot good ole JC Whitney. A nice seat cover to fit is about 200.
Not the best, but better then sitting on springs....
ronn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 11:29 AM   #59
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronn View Post
I guess everyone forgot good ole JC Whitney. A nice seat cover to fit is about 200.
Not the best, but better then sitting on springs....
My Gosh, ...talking about digging up one out of the grave!!

Like you say, JC Whitney would work for a seat cover too. Lots of options for someone who is creative.

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

BRENT in 10-uh-C is offline   Reply With Quote