Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 02-07-2023, 01:21 PM   #41
jeepguy1948

Default Re: New model A U-joints

Ok gentlemen, here is my public apology to Brent but I want to explain where I am/was coming from: Bob takes the time to explain the differences between the U joint that were used and says “the original U Joints are not rebuildable” Brent responds with “Aah really, why not?” With no explanation of why he disagrees. That to me sounds like a smart a#s comment. If nobody else thinks so then I guess I am all alone out in left field. On a previous thread Bob was taking the time to post (in great detail, with pictures) his forensic analysis of a catastrophic engine failure he experienced. People were jumping in with all kinds of rude comments, acting like 2 year olds, that kind of thing really ticks me off. I know from articles I have read in old books that Bob has been at this a very long time and he really knows what he is talking about. I would think very carefully before I posted that I thought he was wrong about something and if I did I would be sure to give a detailed explanation and I would do it in a polite way. I REALLY appreciate the very detailed explanations that Bob takes the time to put together. On that particular thread I defended Bob and he thanked me. It’s a fact that there are some real turds cruising the various forums just looking for something to attack. If Bob and Brent are friends, well I suppose that changes things. I will repeat however that communication is 80% non verbal so when you post something in text only that 80% is missed and one must think carefully about what they are posting and think about what it will say to other readers. My concern is that this kind of thing will cause people like Bob who are putting in a lot of time and effort to share there expertise and experiences with us will say the hell with it and quit trying. One thing I did not see is Bob telling me I was out of line, it was others.Anyway, here’s my apology, it would seem that I should have just kept my mouth shut, I’m sorry Brent and I do appreciate the wisdom that you take the time to share with us.
jeepguy1948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2023, 01:23 PM   #42
jeepguy1948

BTW I have no idea why these weird symbols show up on these posts.
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Old 02-07-2023, 04:06 PM   #43
shew01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y-Blockhead View Post
I wasn't aware replacement Model A u-joints had needle bearing, I thought they had bushings.

Hmm… I think you’re correct. These look like bushings.

https://www.snydersantiqueauto.com/p...8990&cat=41756

I thought for sure I saw something that lead me to believe they were needle bearings.

So much for my memory…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
shew01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2023, 04:09 PM   #44
shew01

Default New model A U-joints

Y-Block,

Do the bushings pick up the grease well? Are they any better than the non-rebuildable type of universal joints?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by shew01; 02-07-2023 at 04:48 PM.
shew01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2023, 10:19 PM   #45
jeepguy1948

I do have 2 used but excellent condition Lincoln needle bearing (only used 1 year) U joints for sale $100 plus shipping