Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 10-24-2011, 03:52 AM   #1
Muddman355

Cool 36 tudor taupe floor mat/halogen conversion with blinker

ok, i have been looking at finding a new taupe floor mat for the 36, most places are around the 195 mark, thats ok, but they are saying there are imperfections from the moulding. how bad are they? i am in oz and i cant find any pictures on this issue. can anyone help out,
also looking at the halogen conversion with blinker, found a few comments about them not working real well? is this issue common or been solved?
who are the best people to deal with, at the moment i am buying some small parts off earlyford spares of calf?
thanks in advance

clayton,
Muddman355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 04:45 AM   #2
coupe5w36

Default Re: 36 tudor taupe floor mat/halogen conversion with blinker

Hi Clayton, I've bought parts from Henry's here in Melbourne and always been pleased with service & prices. Harry Black runs the business from his home. Check his catalogue out at www.henrysparts.com.au Is your '36 being built as stock or are you altering a few things?? I fitted Volvo 164 halogen headlamps with parkers inside them, and put led blinkers behind the horn grilles. The led blinkers needed a different flasher can but are super bright. I've got airhorns under the bonnet (basically inside the l/h chassis rail. Obviously if you're building a stocker the above isn't applicable. I've also imported parts from Macs in the US, but recently found that Ray Aldrick at TCR Carponents has pretty much everything at very reasonable prices. Whilst Ray is primarily a hotrodder, he is also a Macs agent so you can quote the Macs part number & he nearly always has it in stock. Ray's website is www.tcrcarponents.com.au Hope this helps, Peter.
coupe5w36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 06:33 AM   #3
48-710

G'Day Clayton,
I have brought a Taupe mat from Ray at TCR recently. Yes, it does have some imperfections but they are not to bad. Maybe I just got lucky. I could send you a photo if you like. Email me a private message and I will see what I can do. Is the car RHD or LHD ?. If it's RHD how are you going to get around the LHD pedal holes?.
Regards,
Gary
48-710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 06:48 AM   #4
Robert/Texas

I bought one for my '34 roadster a few months ago from Macs. I didn't see any imperfections but the rubber is much thinner than my original mat and the color is darker and greenish. My main complaint is that it was delivered in a box (not tube) and the rubber had gotten a "set" in one place where it was folded. As the original mat was not fastened to the floor except at the top, I need to figure out some way to hold this rather flimsy mat to the floor.
Robert/Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 12:12 PM   #5
Andyr

Hi Clayton......there might be an original mat for a '36......EBAY item # 250913173573 ....bidding should end within the next 8 hours.....good luck....ar
Andyr is offline   Reply With Quote