Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 06-19-2021, 06:48 AM   #41
dansluck

Send a message via AIM to dansluck Send a message via Yahoo to dansluck
Default Re: Tom Wesenberg

We should keep Tom in our prayers for both his physical and mental health. He has helped all of us. Hopefully those close to him will keep us informed on how we can help him.
Dan
dansluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 06:49 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crankster View Post
If we are asking people to open up their checkbooks you damn well better judge whether this is actually a good idea or not.

For the sake of argument what if you were to find out the reason Tom doesn't have insurance is because he self insured. Turns out, he owns numerous properties, a Gulfstream, and has a net worth of 20 million dollars. His annual interest income stream alone is greater than your net worth. How charitable are you feeling now?

Yeah yeah, I know that probably isn't the case here, but, I don't know that. Be careful out there folks. Just sayin'.
Wow, I was just about to donate, I guess I will wait and see the reactions on this statement.
1929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 07:25 AM   #43
ronn

well my reaction is- if you want to be dam cynical about everything in life-then go away. Give to Tom to help a brother out and be glad youre not in his situation. It could be YOU.

btw- ever wonder why people like Tom dont visit this site that often? you answered your own bitter question. Nobody is asking you to mortgage your first born..........
ronn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 07:27 AM   #44
McMimmcs

[QUOTE=Crankster;2027971]If we are asking people to open up their checkbooks you damn well better judge whether this is actually a good idea or not.

For the sake of argument what if you were to find out the reason Tom doesn't have insurance is because he self insured. Turns out, he owns numerous properties, a Gulfstream, and has a net worth of 20 million dollars. His annual interest income stream alone is greater than your net worth. How charitable are you feeling now?

Yeah yeah, I know that probably isn't the case here, but, I don't know that. Be careful out there folks. Just sayin'.[/QUOTE]

I find this post totally inappropriate. If you don’t want to donate that is a personal choice. But please don’t discourage others from donating.
McMimmcs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 07:46 AM   #45
Crankster

Please don't put words in my mouth. I never said I don't want to donate, nor am I trying to discourage anyone from donating. Anyone with even a basic reading comprehension can understand this.
Crankster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 07:58 AM   #46
Oldbluoval

McM-
I’m 110% in agreement! Come on naysayers think about what you’re saying.
Insurance or not is not the issue. If you think you’re “insured” better read policy. Cars are cars and have to be named assets and insured as autos. Auto parts and a lot of tools and equipment are NOT under home owners and likely have to be a rider or under garage keepers
This whole thing is about caring and helping another individual. Are all you naysayers listening in church or bothering to go?
Oldbluoval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 09:49 AM   #47
jayvee34

Regardless, it is the right thing to do when a person is down and needs, or wants help, is to extend a helping hand.
Old 06-19-2021, 10:03 AM   #48
Big hammer

When you fix a meal, coffee, or use your rest room.......just think of what Tom is going through, let alone going though the fire remains. Thoughts and prayers for Tom and his wife
Old 06-19-2021, 10:58 AM   #49
katy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big hammer View Post
Thoughts and prayers for Tom and his wife
I thought that Tom was (is?) single.

I wonder why Tom had no insurance.

Last edited by katy; 06-19-2021 at 11:06 AM.
katy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 11:00 AM   #50
California Travieso

Send a message via Yahoo to California Travieso

Quote:
If we are asking people to open up their checkbooks you damn well better judge whether this is actually a good idea or not.

Yeah yeah, I know that probably isn't the case here, but, I don't know that. Be careful out there folks. Just sayin'.
Crankster,

When you make statements like that on a public forum you should also state where you got the information. How do you know what his assets are? How do you know what his net worth is, much less what his income stream is? As you stated, “just being careful” goes both ways on the internet.

David Serrano
California Travieso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 11:22 AM   #51
37 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big hammer View Post
When you fix a meal, coffee, or use your rest room.......just think of what Tom is going through, let alone going though the fire remains. Thoughts and prayers for Tom and his wife
I didn't know he finally got married.I had talked to him January or so and I thought he still had a fiance for the first time in his life and he was at times at her place in Arizona.It might have fallen through as at one point she was house cleaning and moved a lot of his stuff around where he could not find it.It took two years almost but my generator I sent him was finally found under his bed and he finally got it finished. It is on my '31 roadster and was well worth the wait. I found out what a good and knowledgeable man he was but he may have been a bachelor too long in his life or not long enough.
Old 06-19-2021, 11:31 AM   #52
Badpuppy

The video I saw shows Tom's place is not in a millionaire's neighborhood. Doesn't matter, it's still a big bite for any millionaire. Donate. Tom's worth it.
Badpuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 11:35 AM   #53
msmaron

Send a message via AIM to msmaron

Quote:

How ignorant are you....one of the most stupid comments i have ever read....and there is a lot of them..
National Facebook Admin.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MARC.group/

A7191-Sport Coupe
29 Roadster
29-Town Sedan
29-Original Special Coupe
msmaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 12:18 PM   #54
McMimmcs

Quote:

You can increase your credibility substantially by deleting your post. As you can see people are vehemently opposed to your unsubstantiated remarks. Post is considered by many to be very ignorant.
McMimmcs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 12:25 PM   #55
Big hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 37 Coupe View Post
I didn't know he finally got married.I had talked to him January or so and I thought he still had a fiance for the first time in his life and he was at times at her place in Arizona.It might have fallen through as at one point she was house cleaning and moved a lot of his stuff around where he could not find it.It took two years almost but my generator I sent him was finally found under his bed and he finally got it finished. It is on my '31 roadster and was well worth the wait. I found out what a good and knowledgeable man he was but he may have been a bachelor too long in his life or not long enough.
My mistake, sorry, I thought I heard that he got married.
Old 06-19-2021, 01:06 PM   #56
Jeff/Illinois

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmaron View Post
How ignorant are you....one of the most stupid comments i have ever read....and there is a lot of them..
Mark I thought this exact same thing, what a stupid thing to post.

Shame on him-----geez Crankster get with the program here.

Last edited by Jeff/Illinois; 06-19-2021 at 04:12 PM.
Jeff/Illinois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 03:32 PM   #57
Dave in MN

I have known Tom for over 20 years, we are both members of the Model A Club in The Twin Cities. I have spoken to him twice since the fire. He sounds devistated. He needs all the kind words and yes financial support we can muster.

He is always giving…never asks for anything in return.
Good day!
Dave in MN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 04:24 PM   #58
jg61hawk

We have raised a significant amount already... Some stupid comments ...YES but the vast majority have spoken in actions not words. Let those who understand life continue to be charitable and unquestioning in our faith in God and in each other. I never met Tom but read his welcome to me 7 years ago when I posted question ONE, post ONE. I'm glad I was able to offer something to him, and as I watch the Go Fund Me when I have more come July 1st I'll offer more too, because I believe in my fellow man. I believe in "old car guys (gals)" I believe we need each other now more than ever.
jg61hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 05:43 PM   #59
Ivan in southeast va.

Can anyone post a mailing address for Tom? Some people don't do Facebook, Twitter, Instagram but would still like to send well wishes or money.
Ivan in southeast va. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 07:32 PM   #60
jg61hawk

I threw a link on the Studebaker Forum too. Let's blow by the goal........
jg61hawk is offline   Reply With Quote