Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 07-10-2013, 11:26 PM   #41
stallerl

Default Re: What State is Model A Friendly ???

Greg,
Like I said, go to the Auto Club not the DMV. I've had some weird transactions with cars bought and sold over the years and have had nothing but excellent results with the Auto Club. And no, I do not work for them!
Let me know if I can help.
stallerl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 11:57 PM   #42
Milton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg out west View Post

So eventhou I bought the car way back & have all the "paper's (Pink slip, ect.) Is the State going to tell me the car is now worth big buck's & set the License fee's on that....Or should I pack up & head to a more "Friendly State"???.

Sit tight, don't make any moving plans!

There should only be fees involved in your DMV activity. The reason being you are not purchasing or transferring the vehicle. The reason for the cost of the car at time of purchase is so the DMV can collect the use tax on the sale price. This occurs only at the time of purchase.
Milton is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Old 07-11-2013, 06:03 AM   #43
Terry, NJ

I despise almost everything about NJ, Except it's DMV. Since Christy Whitman overhauled the MVA, it's been a lot simpler. Pa. Should take a lesson! The system over here is really nutz. Tag agents for registrations, MVA's for licenses, Transport fees, Yearly inspections by private garages ($$$$) Serial number rubbings for every car. I like Pa! But not it's M V Code.
Terry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aok View Post
New Jersey is ok as long as you have a title they just ask what you paid for vehicle and tax on that amount. Historic plates are $39.00 It is a 2 year registration but they do not charge to renew.
Not sure how ca works but when I have had a problem in NJ I try a different dmv and usually get a more friendly clerk.
Other rule for any dmv is do not talk just answer questions I have seen people talk themselves into a problem that would not have come if they did not bring it up in the 1st place.
Terry, NJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 07:51 AM   #44
MWV

Great!

Any advice on PA registration from the PA Fordbarners? I've got the pink slip, registered out of state, and bill of sale.

Now that the 30 coupe is nearly dissasembled, I should start thinking about it. Though it may take a while to figure out what all the parts are stacked up in the garage.

Any 30 Coupes going to be at Macungie? Would love to see what it could/should like in person.
MWV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 01:39 PM   #45
Terry, NJ

Yikes, I almost forgot "Die Awkscht (Sp) Fest" When is it? About Pa, Since you have it disassembled. make a rubbing of the serial number. Bring and any supporting evidence to you friendly Tag Agent, Not MVA, Bill of Sale, & Title and your wallet etc, No Checks, If it was registered in Pa, you may not need the rubbing. Bring it anyhow! the only thing worse than making a trip to the Tag Agent is making two trips. I'd put a rubbing in my Mod. A file so you have in case something ever comes up after the body is back on. good Luck!
Terry

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWV View Post
Great!

Any advice on PA registration from the PA Fordbarners? I've got the pink slip, registered out of state, and bill of sale.

Now that the 30 coupe is nearly dissasembled, I should start thinking about it. Though it may take a while to figure out what all the parts are stacked up in the garage.

Any 30 Coupes going to be at Macungie? Would love to see what it could/should like in person.
Terry, NJ is offline   Reply With Quote