Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-22-2020, 07:02 PM   #1
thebanjoman

Default lost interest in 2013, working on it again.

It's been several years since I visited this forum, since 2013 I believe.

I had been restoring my wife's 29 standard coupe and flat out lost interest. Nothing was going my way and frustration set in so I walked away.

I'd make it to the shop and could always find other things to do and avoid the A in the corner.. In the meantime I Bought another vehicle with a bad engine, put in a new motor and installed it for a daily driver.

The coupe sat in the corner of the shop under a few sheets and several layers of dust.

In the last few weeks I've unburied it and have started working on it again. Motor's running and I'm continuing my work.

I've rebuilt the horn and got it working again and painted and am now faced with top wood installation which I can find no instructions for nor good pictures.

I had a few failures and lost both my pics and backups of the teardown so any chance of getting it put back right to install the wood will be trial and error. Seems that Les Andrews books only cover the 30/31, not the 28/29 so I'm kind of stuck.

I live in Winchester VA, not far from Luray and had thought about taking time off work and making a drive down to the "Model A Garage" to see what they could do for me but alas I probably couldn't afford the shop rates to get the wood installed.

Can anybody share any pics or give me a link to wood install on a 29 standard coup so that I can try and make some progress? I haven't a clue.

Thanks.

Maybe.. One day...
thebanjoman is offline   Reply With Quote