Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 09-22-2021, 09:35 AM   #1
HenryCarl

Default Seat stuck...

While I'm not restoring my '35 Ford Coupe, I try to maintain it, keeping in mind it's 86 years old. It's been garaged twice. From 1943 to 1968 and then from 1969 to 2019. Surprisingly, it runs well. Here's the next to do on my list.

The seat won't move. I thought at first it wasn't designed to, and then a friend and I nudged it forward, one side at a time. The release handle below is attached and works, but the whole seat won't budge without a combined effort.

What and where should I look to lubricate or adjust it? I've taken the sitting seat out and looked but nothing is apparent. To me.

Thank you.
HenryCarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2021, 09:52 AM   #2
rich b

Default Re: Seat stuck...

The tracks are kinda hidden under the seat pan; possibly work the seat all the way one way and using a light and mirror get some lube onto the exposed portion of the slides; then work the seat the other way and repeat.

If the flap that goes between the seat back and package tray is missing or unattached; you could disconnect the rods, take off the nuts that hold the pan to the tracks, and lift the seat out and work on the tracks.
rich b is offline   Reply With Quote