Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 02-23-2023, 01:59 PM   #1
Dick Carne

Default Passing of SSA's Ray Besch

We just learned a little bit ago that we have lost another Model A friend - Ray Besch of Peachtree City GA. Ray was instrumental in helping us to revive what is now known as the "Southside A's" (MARC & MAFCA), and served as Director for a couple of years as well as starting the club newsletter back again in the 2009-2010 time frame. Ray and his wife Teri, had driven their Model A coupe to most of the 48 contiguous states, and even went to the Arctic Circle a few years back with another Model A friend.

He had been suffering with dimentia for the past year or so, but things began to rapidly spiral downwards a couple of weeks ago. Earlier this week he suffered a cardiac arrest in which his heart stopped for about ten minutes; he incurred further brain damage as a result. He was placed into Hospice and given Last Rites yesterday, Fortunately his wife and children were able to be with him as he passed. Please keep Ray and his family in your thoughts and prayers.
Dick Carne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2023, 02:52 PM   #2
McMimmcs

Default Re: Passing of SSA's Ray Besch

My sincere condolences to his wife and family. All concerned are in my thoughts and prayers. May his soul Rest In Peace. Wayne
McMimmcs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2023, 08:58 PM   #3
TerryO

Default Re: Passing of SSA's Ray Besch

So sad to hear this Dick. A couple of years ago in NH he told me he took a "short cut" from GA to NH by way of (I think he said) North or South Dakota to complete touring in all the continental 49 States. I had the opportunity to sit and chat with him in Gatlinburg last spring. He was an interesting fellow.

TOB

Last edited by TerryO; 02-24-2023 at 08:37 AM.
TerryO is offline   Reply With Quote