Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 06-19-2015, 12:39 PM   #121
KiWinUS

Default Re: EFV-8 Club of America 2015 ENM in Charlotte/Concord, NC, June 8 - 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennsanders View Post
Test stand at DCs testing there new carbs
Made in China carbs ?
KiWinUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 01:02 PM   #122
glennsanders

Default Re: EFV-8 Club of America 2015 ENM in Charlotte/Concord, NC, June 8 - 11

When I was asked Dennis about his carbs he stated they where usa built . Then I saw them being built at his factory and tested .
glennsanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 01:06 PM   #123
JM 35 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeryTangled View Post
Hi Everyone, post #73, pic 2 of an engine...

Can someone explain what I'm seeing.
Glenn has it correct, an 8ba test engine at D.C. testing EVERY 94 carburator that they manufacture prior to shipping.

Last week during our tour of DC's manufacturing facilities, I wanted to make sure exactly where his 94's are being produced. I saw first hand the housings being automatically drilled and milled into finished castings ready for assembly. Then I saw the assembly line with all the components necessary to build the complete carbs. I talked to the folks on the assembly line, the guy doing the 100% run in check, and Dennis himself about where all of these carburetors are being manufactured, and their responses were....right here at their facility in Concord, NC, USA. see pictures below of carburetors advertised in DC's online catalog. Notice the tag and what it states. I told Dennis I would make this statement on the various old car forums that I post on to dispel the myths about these carburetors being manufactured off shore. He said that was fine with him.

Edit: Another myth that was dispelled last week while touring DC's manufacturing facilities was where their water pumps are being manufactured. In this case we were informed they are NOT being manufactured in the USA. They are being manufactured off shore just like Drakes and Speedways water pumps.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 52-9510-N.jpg (31.1 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg 59A-9510-N.jpg (25.5 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg 59A-9510-N_5.jpg (30.2 KB, 11 views)

"Never give up on what you really want to do. The person with big dreams is more powerful than one with all the facts". Albert Einstein

Last edited by JM 35 Sedan; 06-20-2015 at 10:52 AM.
JM 35 Sedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 01:59 PM   #124
KiWinUS

Strange ! I toured his museum about a year ago with a group & we went through a room with a table where they were being assembled . All the boxes the components were being taken from to build the carbs said "Made in China " These did not look like boxes the parts were just being stored in but upon my close inspection appeared to be the boxes the components were shipped in .
Just my personal observation.
Soooo I must say I am a little confused about our conflicting stories .
Cheers
Tony

Last edited by KiWinUS; 06-19-2015 at 04:21 PM.
Old 06-19-2015, 03:26 PM   #125
V8COOPMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiWinUS View Post
Strange ! I toured his museum about a year ago with a group & we went through a room with a table where they were being assembled . All the boxes the components were being taken from to build the cars said "Made in China " These did not look like boxes the parts were just being stored in but upon my close inspection appeared to be the boxes the components were shipped in .
Cheers
Tony
Interesting, conflicting info, for sure! I've always heard that: There are two sides to every story, and then......there is the TRUTH. DD

'35-'36 W/8BA & MECHANICAL FAN

T5 W/TORQUE TUBE
V8COOPMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 03:33 PM   #126
HOTROD_WILLIE

Quote:
Strange ! I toured his museum about a year ago with a group & we went through a room with a table where they were being assembled . All the boxes the components were being taken from to build the cars said "Made in China " These did not look like boxes the parts were just being stored in but upon my close inspection appeared to be the boxes the components were shipped in .
Cheers
Tony
Tony

If D.C. need some kits. I know someone that has the USA made kits for sale. They might go cheap business has be very slow.

Peace
HOTROD_WILLIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 05:19 PM   #127
glennsanders

I saw them being built and so did john and also we talked to Dennis in his factory about the rumours. That what it is rumours. Tony you calling us liars.Come on man what do I to have gain.My word still means the truth. Can you all say that.

Last edited by glennsanders; 06-19-2015 at 06:20 PM.
Old 06-19-2015, 06:42 PM   #128
glennsanders

Talking to Dennis C his business is doing great .Hot rod how is it you know he's slow are you spreading rumors are you have some facts to back your words.Got it you don't like DC that's your problem. But get your facts straight before you talk trash about someone business.
Old 06-19-2015, 07:29 PM   #129
Milt K from Pa

I also toured Carpenters plant and saw the machining of the carbs. He does not do the casting of the raw components, but I heard them say the were US made and I believe locally done. He also now has 160 employees, great hobby supporter.
Milt K from Pa
Milt K from Pa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 08:01 PM   #130
TJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by JM 35 Sedan View Post
Sorry you could not make it Tom. Are you thinking about coming to Brainerd? Several of us from RG36 are planning to be there.
John, I won't make Brainerd. We will make the Black Hills Tour in Sept. and next year we will be going to Oklahoma.
TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 08:08 PM   #131
KiWinUS

Quote:
I saw them being built and so did john and also we talked to Dennis in his factory about the rumours. That what it is rumours. Tony you calling us liars.Come on man what do I to have gain.My word still means the truth. Can you all say that.
Glenn I am not calling you anything !!!
I were with a large group , we all seen the same , we are all from the Charlotte area . What do we have to gain ???? My word has always been nothing but the truth !!! Are you suggesting otherwise ? if so come clean !!!
All I know & have stated is what we all seen ! Do you know what the "Law" requires to call a product "American Made "? If so Please , Do tell !!!
Old 06-19-2015, 08:13 PM   #132
KiWinUS

Quote:
Talking to Dennis C his business is doing great .Hot rod how is it you know he's slow are you spreading rumors are you have some facts to back your words.Got it you don't like DC that's your problem. But get your facts straight before you talk trash about someone business.
I have Zero problem with "DC" , but I do know what we all seen !!!
If you read correctly Glenn , I don't believe Hot Rod is even talking about "D C"
Again I am not talking "Trash " , but we all know what we seen !!!
Cheers
Tony
Old 06-19-2015, 08:24 PM   #133
VeryTangled

Hey guys...

http://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=142543

The above thread got *CLOSED* after 120 posts, and almost 9k views.

Was supposed to be photos from the Gettysburg meet but it spiraled out of control.

Think about it, please?

Thanks.

Have you thought about supporting the Early Ford V-8 Foundation Museum?
VeryTangled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 05:04 AM   #134
KiWinUS

Point taken V.T. Again John thanks for sharing all the great pics !!!!
Cheers
Tony
Old 06-20-2015, 05:55 AM   #135
JM 35 Sedan

Quote:
Point taken V.T. Again John thanks for sharing all the great pics !!!!
Cheers
Tony
You are welcome Tony. I like taking pictures at these events, and posting them for folks who could not attend. This may be the next best thing to actually being there. Hoping to do the same next month at the CNM in Brainerd, Minnesota.

"Never give up on what you really want to do. The person with big dreams is more powerful than one with all the facts". Albert Einstein

Last edited by JM 35 Sedan; 06-20-2015 at 10:49 AM.
Old 06-20-2015, 09:41 AM   #136
glennsanders

Just trying to answering a question about the carbs.Thanks for the pic's John.See ya in Minn
Old 06-22-2015, 07:20 AM   #137
HOTROD_WILLIE

Quote:
I have Zero problem with "DC" , but I do know what we all seen !!!
If you read correctly Glenn , I don't believe Hot Rod is even talking about "D C"
Again I am not talking "Trash " , but we all know what we seen !!!
Cheers
Tony
Tony

Thanks for take up for me Tony. I was not talking about D.C. It was private joke between me and Tony. I don't know how much D.C. carb parts are made in the USA. If Tony said he saw Chine boxes in DC warehouse I believe him. Looking at America cars manufactures (Ford, Chev. Mopar) how may those parts are made in America. . Remember that D.C. is there to make profit. It is a business.

Early V8 Shows needs to look at expanding its base. In 20 years there will be no Early V8 Shows.

Peace

Last edited by HOTROD_WILLIE; 06-22-2015 at 10:08 AM.
Old 06-22-2015, 09:41 AM   #138
JM 35 Sedan

As a final note on this post, I would like to thank those folks in the Piedmont Regional Group #52 for their hard work and the fine job they did of hosting the EFV-8C/A's 2015 Eastern National Meet in Concord, NC.

I am now looking forward to attending the Central National Meet in Brainerd, Minnesota, July 12 - 16. If you haven't signed up for this meet, there is still time to do so and enjoy all that has been planned for this meet by the Twin Cities Regional Group #46.

For those who are constantly criticizing the EFV-8 Club, at any opportunity they can find, I say instead of complaining so much, join the club and help work from within the organization to make the changes you feel may be necessary. It is always easier to stand on the sidelines and criticize rather than to join in and help out to make a difference.

Last edited by JM 35 Sedan; 06-22-2015 at 07:02 PM.
Old 06-22-2015, 10:23 AM   #139
HOTROD_WILLIE

Quote:
Originally Posted by JM 35 Sedan View Post
As a final note on this post, I would like to thank those folks in the Piedmont Regional Group #52 for their hard work and the fine job they did of hosting the EFV-8C/A's 2015 Eastern National Meet in Concord, NC.

I am now looking forward to attending the Central National Meet in Brainerd, Minnesota, July 12 - 16. If you haven't signed up for this meet, there is still time to do so and enjoy all that has been planned for this meet by the Twin Cities Regional Group #46.

For those who are constantly criticizing the EFV-8 Club, at any opportunity they can find, I say instead of complaining so much, join the club and help work from within the organization to make the changes you feel may be necessary.
John

Thanks for the invite but no thanks. I already done that and been there. I have been member many car clubs and church groups. Your group is well establish w/ member that you already have. Reviewing the pic looks like your show was very successful show. The show had a lot very nice early fords. John thanks again for the pics. Keep the show as it is, it is working great for your members. Hope the V-8 club legacy will cont.

Thanks again

Last edited by HOTROD_WILLIE; 06-22-2015 at 03:48 PM.