Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 04-18-2019, 06:37 PM   #21
chap52

Default Re: Insurance for the Pickup

Hagerty. I was surprised at their reasonable rates and ease of obtaining coverage.
You request a value and indicate your annual mileage. It was painless for my 30 Tudor. Chap
chap52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 07:18 PM   #22
rfitzpatrick

My insurance cost for my Florida Pickup was $204.00 -- 10 months ago for a 12 month policy. Employee I worked with before retirement said his wife, whom worked as an agent stated: Fla has higher rates directly because of insurance fraud -- however I do carry very large protection coverages
rfitzpatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Old 04-19-2019, 07:57 AM   #23
77Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryO View Post
The same with Hagarty. Although they don't want you to use the 'A' for a daily driver they also encourage that we get them out and enjoy them. In a previous post about insurance someone said they were told that you couldn't even drive to the grocery store etc I called Hagerty and ask directly and was informed that although they don't want to insure a daily driver there was no restrictions to running errands while out for a drive.

TerryO
Absolutely. Same thing as Grundy. Cant use as a daily driver but they dont care if you drive it on a regular basis.

I think what most will find is that all the company's will be very comparable and competitive with the others. Not sure that one is really better than the other. Biggest difference is how they handle a claim. Fortunately I have not had to do so.
77Birdman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 05:15 AM   #24
PRG999

I insured mine just Like TerryH stated. I did not like the restrictions in coverages from the specialty policies. I drive my 30PU everywhere and did not want to have to worry about a loss being excluded because I went to a box store and parked where I cant see the truck.

PG
PRG999 is offline   Reply With Quote