Go Back   The Ford Barn > The Swap Meet > For Sale > Model-A

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 01-25-2020, 08:45 AM   #1
Marshall V. Daut

Default Deluxe Rdstr./Phaeton chrome windshield

City: Davenport
State: Iowa
Price: 250

For Sale: Windshield frame w/safety glass and fittings for a 1930-31 DELUXE Roadster or Phaeton. This is a chrome-plated repro w/s frame that is 13 ½” tall at the ends. The chrome plating has numerous surface rusting areas showing deterioration in the plating. Glass is starting to show bubbles along sides, but is still clear and definitely usable. See photos. Complete with rubber gaskets/seals, finger pulls, snaps, swivel studs and cones. Holes are drilled for the rear view mirror and windshield wiper (neither included in sale). Ready to mount. Would be o.k. for a driver, but should be re-plated for a Model A undergoing a full restoration.
As a cost comparison, new chrome-plated w/s frames are listed in Snyder’s 2019 catalog @ $575. Probably more expensive in 2020’s forthcoming catalog. To complete the purchase of a new w/s frame from a vendor, the following items would also need to be purchased: new studs @ $5.75 pr., stanchion cones @ $11.00 pr., finger pulls @ $9.75 pr. and glass bedding @ $5.50, all plus shipping. On top of that, estimated windshield safety glass cost would be at least $100+. Add all that up (plus expensive “Handling & Shipping” charges!) and the cost of new everything from a vendor for a Deluxe open car would be in excess of $725, plus the hassle of getting the glass cut, and then assembling it all. This windshield frame is for sale only because I need to replace it with one for a Standard Roadster or Phaeton. Being a Deluxe open car w/s frame, this one is too short.
I will sell this very serviceable or re-platable windshield frame as described for $250 plus ACTUAL shipping charges. Buyer will save more than $500!!! I’ll pad the glass for maximum protection and encase it inside a custom plywood box for USPS or Fed-Ex shipping. NO UPS!!! Continental USA sale only. ‘Sorry.
Payment by check o.k. If by PayPal, 4% fees must be added by buyer (appox. $10.00 on $250 + shipping to buyer’s address, TBD), or by “friending” me to save charges.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2516_resized.jpg (208.9 KB, 67 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2517_resized.jpg (222.1 KB, 68 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2519_resized.jpg (113.1 KB, 56 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2521_resized.jpg (111.3 KB, 64 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2523_resized.jpg (72.5 KB, 57 views)
Marshall V. Daut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 09:08 PM   #2
Marshall V. Daut

Default Re: Deluxe Rdstr./Phaeton chrome windshield

The windshield frame w/glass has been sold and is now en route to its new owner.

Thank you for the replies and interest in this item. I wish I had more of them to sell to help out restorers with their projects!

Marshall
Marshall V. Daut is offline   Reply With Quote