Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 02-24-2012, 08:48 PM   #1
THX 1138

Default Need help identifying '32 parts

Got a few parts with my 32 and just trying to find out if they are original parts or not.

First is a part of U-bolt brackets, which one is the 32 one, Number1 has holes where the bolts go that taper down and does it not have a center hole, just a dip. The number 2, the bolt holes dont taper and it has a center hole.

Next are the wishbone caps. One is cast and the other looks like it's stamped steel. My car came with the cast one but dont know if it's what it should have.

Next is a wiper, Came with the car but I dont know if its original or not. Also looks like its missing the sleeve where it gets bolted on the outside.

Finally are these door trim parts. I only have two but dont know if they are original or reproduction. Want to try and keep my car all ford. They look different in the picture but they are both exactly the same.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Old 02-24-2012, 09:02 PM   #2
DavidG

Default Re: Need help identifying '32 parts

The following are the original '32 parts:

photo 1 -- #1

photo 2 -- #2

photo 3 -- could be for a '32 closed car but it is missing both a threaded sleeve and a flat plate running across the shaft side from mounting hole to mounting hole which was riveted on to the "ears" of the wiper motor die casting through those holes.

photo 5 -- the one on the left side of the photo
DavidG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 09:13 PM   #3
deuce lover

Dave is right
deuce lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 10:37 PM   #4
THX 1138

Thanks guys, really appreciate it. And David, excellent set of books you put together. I ordered my set the day I brought my car home. dont know how many times I have read and re read them already.

BTW, does anyone have some detailed pictures of what an original front spreader bar looks like. Is there an easy way of telling an original from a reproduction bar, excluding the stainless ones, of course
Old 02-24-2012, 11:53 PM   #5
deuce lover

The original front spreader bar is actually made from 3 parts.The 2 end flanges and the tube.The quickest way I can tell is I look in the hole at the flange end and you can see where it was welded to the tube.There is a small ridge that makes the circle.
deuce lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 08:15 AM   #6
DavidG

Should you find one conforming to deuce lover's description, but lacking the holes in the center for the license plate bracket, don't necessarily reject it as the very early ones did not have those holes and they're easy to add.
DavidG is offline   Reply With Quote