Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 10-24-2010, 07:58 PM   #1
Ray in La Mesa

Default '29 blind back sedan

On Oct 14 in a thread about '29 blind back sedans a statement was made as to how rare they are, only 17 known in MARC & MAFCA. The photos show the rear section of one with a strange curved aluminum molding in the corners. I have a chance to buy a complete, original one and wonder if they are, indeed, rare and what the ballpark value would be.
Ray in La Mesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 11:29 PM   #2
Roadster62

Default Re: '29 blind back sedan

I'm the guy with the '29 Steel Blind Back section, that I bought at Hershey. There was a guy that stopped by that owned a complete one, he said that odd aluminum tacking strip was original, and he needed one for his car. I have to go look at the doors and cowl a friend has, hopefully I can put it all together and have a complete body.
Roadster62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 09:08 AM   #3
henry494

Default Re: '29 blind back sedan

Ray, I really can't tell you what they're worth, as that's very subjective and dependant on so many factors.
I just wanted to tell you that Ron A. had one years ago stored over at Mark's Fun Farm, out back. This was in the late '80's when I was at Mark's working on our Special Coupe. The blindback was very complete, and it included that curved aluminum tack strip that goes from one side to the other in one piece. I knew then that there weren't a lot of those '29 blindbacks, and, that it had to be pretty difficult to find that tack strip. I'm not sure where that sedan went. Maybe it's the one you're looking at now. Wouldn't that be a "small world" item?
Give us a lot of photos and details, and I'll bet you'll get a lot of opinions on the value.

Dave Lopes
henry494 is offline   Reply With Quote