Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 12-10-2015, 06:16 PM   #1
Bonniewwyn

Smile "31 Vicky rear Fender mounting point question

I am trying to put a Vicky back together that came missing some components as well as having had someone in the 1960's do some unskilled sheet metal work on it. I bought Brookville rear fenders for this car and as they have no mounting holes and the wheel wells were somewhat reworked I do not have studs in the wheel wells either. There were holes drilled inn the wheel wells but I do not know if position is correct. I put one fender in place.... well where I believe it fits but before I go drilling holes in the fender and welding studs in the wheel well I would like to know where I am at as a lot of trial and error with holes is not a good thing !. I drew an arrow to the front edge of the fender where it meets wheel well. Is it supposed to be flush with the dill ? Or ? Any info would be a great help !!!!
Bonniewwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 07:07 PM   #2
Vern

Default Re: "31 Vicky rear Fender mounting point question

Bonniewwyn, perhaps these photos of the insides of a Victoria wheel wells will help.
Not sure what you mean by your question..."Is it supposed to be flush with the dill ?"

Last edited by Vern; 05-30-2020 at 08:10 PM.
Vern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 07:55 AM   #3
Bonniewwyn

Default Re: "31 Vicky rear Fender mounting point question

Looks like my pictures didn't post. That word is supposed to be SILL ! Sorry. Good with wrenches not computers. Your pics did teach me a couple things. I know where the studs get welded to inside of body now. Previous owner made his own holes and they are not in those locations.
Bonniewwyn is offline   Reply With Quote