Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 08-03-2014, 07:25 PM   #1
dlfrisch

Default 1929 Pick up truck

I have a chance to purchase a nice “A” coupe, but I will have to sell my ‘29 pick-up. The previous owner, before myself had the cab hard top cut down, the door tops finished, the cab top sections finished off and the cab has been fit with a manufactures top quality roadster top. All else is stock original. The engine has been totally rebuilt (over $6K dollars), the steering gear box has been rebuilt, it has a new coolant radiator, all new box-bed wood, new tires and new breaks. I had new leather upholstery door panels and kick panels made and installed. I installed a new LED turn signal light unit. The truck is in A #1 condition. As a matter of fact, my wife and I just took a Sunday afternoon ride around our area (108 miles). No problems what so ever.

I have a question to my Model A friends …..I have nearly $18K + or - in this vehicle - Where should I advertise to sell and try to recover my money?

I will try to down load a few pictures. If, anyone has a further interest, I can email other photographs. [email protected]
dlfrisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 07:58 PM   #2
wrndln

Default Re: 1929 Pick up truck

I assume the car in your avatar is the pickup you want to sell. The car looks pretty nice. Since your model A has been modified significantly, anyone wanting an original model A probably wouldn't be interested in a car that has been modified like what you have. On the other hand, someone that just wants a driver and not interested in originally might like a "unique" vehicle like your car. I would suspect you wouldn't get 18K for your modified A, but who knows, someone might pay that much. Craigslist and Fordbarn are the cheapest places to sell a car (free), but each has a limited audience. Ebay on the other hand has a huge following, but you will pay dearly to sell a car on eBay probably around $500 or so for a car sold in the mid teen. I have never sold a car on eBay, so I am not sure of the fee.
Rusty Nelson
wrndln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 08:08 PM   #3
SeaSlugs

Default Re: 1929 Pick up truck

I believe the fee is rather high using ebay... Never hurts to try for 18k though.