Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 12-16-2013, 07:57 AM   #1
grj

Default 1929 original owners manuels

Moving to For Sale.

Last edited by grj; 12-16-2013 at 12:05 PM. Reason: Wrong site
grj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 08:33 AM   #2
newshirt

Default Re: 1929 original owners manuels

I felt fortunate to get an original for $30 at Chickasha last year. Are they really selling for $135 now? Or is this a typo? $35?

I'm still new to the hobby. (Had my car for only three years.) But I was told that this stuff used to be available at every swap meet. Veteran Model A'ers told me that you would see swap meets with nothing but Model A stuff, and cheap as dirt. But all I see is 1970's and 80's junk. It makes me wonder if the hobby is entering a new phase where Model A stuff is becoming a rarity and only the affluent can play.

Is this just a limited perception because I'm "out west?" Or is Model A stuff still as readily available and cheap as it always was in other places?

Last edited by newshirt; 12-16-2013 at 08:55 AM.
newshirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 09:50 AM   #3
dean from bozeman

Default Re: 1929 original owners manuels

Newshirt, there are different versions of the owner's manual. Some are more difficult to find than others.

It seems that there is a premium on rare Model A parts and quality, original Model A parts.

In the case of manuals and parts, you can find both for relatively reasonable prices. As the quality and rarity goes up so does the price. Sometimes it is somewhat exponential.

If you truly thought that this was a typo, I believe that you should have sent the poster a PM. If yours was a comment on the pricing of manuals and parts your questioning is understandable.

This hobby is varied enough for any budget. The path to restoring a fine point car can be expensive. To build or maintain a driver is much more affordable. Thank goodness this hobby is large enough for all of us.
dean from bozeman is offline   Reply With Quote