Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 01-04-2016, 07:26 PM   #21
larry harding

Default Re: "bud" anyone?

did a bit more checking..1..I have the two roof cross channels from left to right door header, they are in good shape and I have glued some web strap material to the top to kill noise.
2. my angle piece above the windshield has 5 round holes in the flat part and 2 1/4"square holes(like for a carriage bolt).
3.on the verticle part of the angle there 3 holes near each end where the corner bracket fits two of them. there are 2 more holes a few inches apart in the center close to where the middle support block is in the front header.
4. the corner bracket pictures look like the ones I have. mine is only off enough to keep[ the header holes from lining up, and with the bracket behind the angle, the verticle tab is sitting back about 1/4" from the w s post. the pictures posted just don't show enough detail to show what in wrong with mine.
larry harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 09:06 AM   #22
larry harding

I got my brackets from mike's in ga. in the pictures you guys put up show the 1" tab from the door post flange to be tucked up tight in corner of w s flange, on the brackets I have there is a wide gap at the end of this tab giving the w s flange an upward angle and causing the holes to be out of line. even in your photos the w s post flange looks like it had to be drawn back into the recess area with the screws. I still think my flanges are made wrong even though I talked with the guy from calif, who made them and he can't tell me for sure.
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Old 01-05-2016, 03:12 PM   #23
larry harding

thanks a lot for the info and encouragement, guys. I got my nerve up this morning and drilled the spot welds(2 on one bracket and 3 on the other one, some real precision here) and put the brackets in my box brake and just a degree or two here and there and every thing is much better. the w s post flange is still standing out a little away from the post and not laying down good in the recess, but some of the posted pictures look the same way. at least the header screws will go in now. just got to reweld and repaint and move on to the next great obstacle.
Old 01-06-2016, 12:10 PM   #24
SSsssteamer

On my Budd top, the top bows used the same identical "round rope" as shown above. My Budd top had never been off the truck before and the rope all was in very good condition when I pulled it apart. The rope was in good enough condition that I used the same rope over again. My rope on top of the top bows was glued onto the top bows instead of being riveted like above. The top bows' round rope appeared to be made of cotton.
SSsssteamer is offline   Reply With Quote