Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 03-27-2019, 03:32 PM   #21
JSeery
Member Emeritus

Default Re: 1952 ford customline fuel sending unit

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonydennisadw View Post
perhaps the op keeps doing open ended replays because he is 80 with beginning dementia and loves his cars and still trys working on em ... so with that this will be my last post to ford barn if i dont forget and repost something ill try not 2 good crusing Dennis
Think the post above you gives you your best answer. Please remember, we are working blind here trying to respond to information posted in a thread. And memory/confusion is a common problem with a lot of use, LOL. Your not than much older than most of us and younger than some!

Resistance Sending Units do not play well with original gauges, that's just the way it is.

Last edited by JSeery; 04-26-2019 at 05:19 PM.
JSeery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 05:36 PM   #22
19Fordy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonydennisadw View Post
perhaps the op keeps doing open ended replays because he is 80 with beginning dementia and loves his cars and still trys working on em ... so with that this will be my last post to ford barn if i dont forget and repost something ill try not 2 good crusing Dennis
I am sure that no one, including myself, had the intention of denigrating the
OP or his intention, especially when not knowing the the full spectrum of the inquiring person. No harm, no foul. I am sure everyone is still willing to try and help. Also, there may be a Fordbarner in SW Ohio that can stop by and lend a helping hand. Dennis: Hope you post again. At 75 my memory isn't what it used to be either.

Last edited by 19Fordy; 03-27-2019 at 10:05 PM.
19Fordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Old 04-26-2019, 04:18 PM   #23
tonydennisadw

Anteek29 tried a 50 ohm 10 watt resister put in where wire connects at left tail light area ????? gauge went from E to about 1/4 E extremely slow with tank being pretty full was yours a carbon filter type the very small type do u rem what the watt and voltage were.... thanks dennis
tonydennisadw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 05:24 PM   #24
JSeery
Member Emeritus

Because of the mismatch between the sender and the gauge, it will take a lot of trial and error to get it to read like you want. In some cases you can get it to work for empty and so so on full or the other way around, but difficult to get both. Some uses claim to get it work fairly well, but again, it is trial and error.
JSeery is offline   Reply With Quote