Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2011, 01:35 PM   #21
Steve Wastler

Default Re: Hershey Flooding

Given the things mankind has done to the planet in say the last 100 years, anything is plausible and has nothing to do with Anyones Kool aid. I am also glad you can see the future and be so sure of yourself....
Old 09-09-2011, 01:39 PM   #22
Steve Wastler

Oh, and who the hell is Al Gore??
Old 09-09-2011, 01:52 PM   #23
Big John

The car show and big swap meet isnt till oct....Course it will mostly rain anyhow at some point in keeping with tradition...Big John....
Old 07-24-2013, 04:47 PM   #24
Model AYYY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth Swoboda View Post
I'm not going to get into the science of this but I believe the rain is the cause of a tropical storm.....which have been going on for thousands of years.....its called nature. It is terribly unfortunate and I hope everyone is safe. These natural disasters happpen and as people we will combine our efforts and get through these though times, stonger and better than before.
Yeah, it's a good thing you aren't going into the science of this, because it's heat that causes a tropical storm. Heat is the cause of all movement in the atmosphere (with the exception of the movement caused by the earth rotating inside the atmosphere). If you have a lot of rain, it's because there's a lot of water vapor in the atmosphere. If you have a lot of water vapor in the atmosphere, it got there because of evaporation, which it caused by heat. No heat, no evaporation, no water vapor, no rain. Also, the more heat, the more so and so and so. This works for any precipitation, even snow or ice (although cats and dogs may be an exception). No heat, no precipitation. It also works for wind, even blasts of 30 degrees below zero and coming in at 60 mph were caused by heat somewhere else. Most people don't know or understand any of this super basic stuff. Too bad because it's gonna kill their grandchildren.
Old 07-24-2013, 04:53 PM   #25
spdway1

After TWO years Jim Cantore responds on the Barn with his FIRST post, Welcome Jim.
Thanks for setting everyone straight.
Old 07-24-2013, 05:27 PM   #26
BILL WILLIAMSON

Quote:
Originally Posted by Model AYYY View Post
Yeah, it's a good thing you aren't going into the science of this, because it's heat that causes a tropical storm. Heat is the cause of all movement in the atmosphere (with the exception of the movement caused by the earth rotating inside the atmosphere). If you have a lot of rain, it's because there's a lot of water vapor in the atmosphere. If you have a lot of water vapor in the atmosphere, it got there because of evaporation, which it caused by heat. No heat, no evaporation, no water vapor, no rain. Also, the more heat, the more so and so and so. This works for any precipitation, even snow or ice (although cats and dogs may be an exception). No heat, no precipitation. It also works for wind, even blasts of 30 degrees below zero and coming in at 60 mph were caused by heat somewhere else. Most people don't know or understand any of this super basic stuff. Too bad because it's gonna kill their grandchildren.
So, Model AYYYYYYY, Ur U sayin' I shuldn't go wurk on Vermin & wurk up a sweat to add to the B.O. I already got, as I mite be adding to "GLOBAL WARMING" that's screwin' up the wether??
As to the B.O. I already got, it comes frum spraying on "EU-DE'-B.O." which keeps unattached ooold single ladies frum my garage! They want to sit in the rumble & I'm afraid one might get stuck & I'd have to cook fer her TOO! Bill W. & Dog
Old 07-24-2013, 05:46 PM   #27
Pickupman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Model AYYY View Post

What rock did you crawl out from under? This post is almost 2 years old. LMAO
Old 07-24-2013, 05:54 PM   #28
BILL WILLIAMSON

I've got to start reading the date of posts, before making a complete FOOL of myself. Bill W.
Old 07-24-2013, 05:57 PM   #29
Ryan
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BILL WILLIAMSON View Post
I've got to start reading the date of posts, before making a complete FOOL of myself. Bill W.
You should also think about manners... before you lose your account... for good this time... Very last warning. Next time you mock another user, call another user names, or do anything but post productively - you are gone.
Closed Thread