Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 08-13-2010, 07:45 PM   #1
Barry B./ Ma.

Wink They keep coming out of the woodwork

The other day my buddy and I received a 28 tudor to bring back to life for a lady. It was stored in a barn for 16 years with the gas still in it. The old gas had partially disolved the spark arrestor screen. They even had to cut down a tree in front of the door to get it out. We got it running using a lawnmower tank and it purrs like a kitten. The engine was well rebuilt and only has 600 miles on it. The clutch works nice and smooth.The mice had nested in the headliner but the upholstery is still good. Today we drained about 5 gals. of putrid gas out of the tank and washed it out with a strong detergent. The car belonged to a relative of the lady and she wants it gone through so she can drive it. Paint is pretty good (Niagra blue dark and light) and won't need much touchup so it should be a good project. See? there still out there! Sorry I can't post pictures yet as the old computer crashed last week and I'm just getting on line with the new one which still has a few bugs. It was terrible being off Fordbarn for the last week, missed you guys! Barry
Barry B./ Ma. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 10:08 PM   #2
peters180a/170b

Default Re: They keep coming out of the woodwork

Barry , there's a load of "A"s still parked from along time ago. A car just like the one you are bringing back to life came out about 3 months ago. 1928/29 Tudor same colors restored back in mid 1970's by Heritage Restoration of Pawling N.Y. for 2 little old ladies .They went on vacation to Arizona and bought this car and trailered it back to N.Y. Had it restored and i never seen or heard about it again.I recieved a call from a towing company 2 towns over who pulled this car out and was forsale. $11,000. Did not hear anything more. It was a very straight ,solid ,unrestored car and should of stayed that way..
peters180a/170b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 07:10 AM   #3
Barry B./ Ma.

Hi Peter, this one(the 28) is owned by the ladies father who has been in a nursing home and they are cleaning out his old hardware store and barn. It had been restored back in the 70s and is pretty original looking except for a few details. We're also doing a solid 30 std. tudor that was stored in a barn since the mid eighties. Nice to see a standard all black with shiney powdercoated black wheels and no cowl lights.
Barry B./ Ma. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 07:39 AM   #4
2manycars

Glad you got the new computer running Barry. I bet you had a lot of email waiting.
2manycars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 07:52 AM   #5
ken ct
BANNED

Welcome back Barry,PC's are a bit*h arnt they LOL ken ct.
ken ct is offline   Reply With Quote