Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-06-2017, 11:29 PM   #1
alvisoroadsters

Default Model A Engine and Dual Carbs

Hi All, I've searched the archives but never really found what I was looking for. I've asked on the HAMB, but I've always had great experience here on the Barn, so I thought it might help as well...

I have a stock Model A engine and a Burns twin carb intake. I've heard Stromberg 81's are the ideal carb set for this engine, due to the fact they flow at 125 CFM.

I have a pair of Holley 94's, and have also been looking at Stromberg 97's due to their availability as well.

Questions for the community...
1) Would the twin Holley 94 carbs be "too much carb" for this application, or can you toy with the jetting to make it work?

2) With the Strombergs, the 81's flow at 125 CFM and the 97's flow at 150 CFM. Do you think the 97's would work, or the best bet being to snag a set of 81's?

If the Holley 94's or the Stromberg 97's would be fine, can anyone share their jetting success (and power valve selection for the 94's)?

I'm getting ready to tear into the Model A and just want to make sure the selection isn't too much for the engine and it's enjoyable in the end.

Thanks in advance!
Jake
alvisoroadsters is offline   Reply With Quote