Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 05-04-2023, 08:52 PM   #21
AnthonyG

Default Re: Early V8 Garage, Rich Lacy Master cyl. Conv. Kit

I just left Dennis, Riche’s son from Early V8 Garage a message on The Hamb! Hope to get a reply. I’ll report back?
Also seems odd Early V8 Garage has a website that’s designed to force personal contact as ur unable to order or request anything on their website! Yet as others have said they don’t respond well! If their that busy you would think at least have someone tune up their website to enable ordering or downloading information & instructions without personal contact like so many other businesses!

Last edited by AnthonyG; 05-04-2023 at 09:05 PM.
AnthonyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2023, 09:33 PM   #22
tubman

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyG View Post
I just left Dennis, Riche’s son from Early V8 Garage a message on The Hamb! Hope to get a reply. I’ll report back?
Also seems odd Early V8 Garage has a website that’s designed to force personal contact as ur unable to order or request anything on their website! Yet as others have said they don’t respond well! If their that busy you would think at least have someone tune up their website to enable ordering or downloading information & instructions without personal contact like so many other businesses!
Sounds like he must be in a "tough spot". Too bad, but I'm sure most of us have been through a similar sitation. When I started my computer company in the early eighties, I had to make a lot of sacrifices just to get it off the ground. I did many "all-nighters" to get things done. Our living room floor was constantly covered with non-operational units waiting to get fixed; a lot of times, I got them going again by swapping parts back and forth. It worked, because I made some real money in the ninties. One thing I NEVER did was to ignore my (current and potential) customers.

I think this guy is suffering from what I call "The Generation Syndrome".

The first generation builds the company up to success; the second generation sucks the profit out of it; and the third generation runs it into the ground.
tubman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2023, 09:39 PM   #23
Krylon32

I was 1 1/2 man shop for most of the 40+ years I was in the chassis business and while I wasn't perfect I darn sure did my best to do call backs, answer questions, take orders and ship promptly if I had the product in stock. Still try and do that today even in the limited capacity I'm doing business these days.
Krylon32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2023, 11:13 PM   #24
V8COOPMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krylon32 View Post
I was 1 1/2 man shop for most of the 40+ years I was in the chassis business and while I wasn't perfect I darn sure did my best to do call backs, answer questions, take orders and ship promptly if I had the product in stock. Still try and do that today even in the limited capacity I'm doing business these days.
Believe me, Gary ("Krylon32") jumped through hoops for me on a weekend, no less, recently to get me a rush order for one of the Boling Brothers rear hub and drum combo. He even had us send a check after the fact. Couldn't have asked for a more pleasant or professional transaction with almost instantaneous communications from start to finish. And don't forget his 10% discount to F'Barn folks!

Coop

'35-'36 W/8BA & MECHANICAL FAN

T5 W/TORQUE TUBE
V8COOPMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2023, 11:46 PM   #25
tubman

"I rest my case".
tubman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2023, 04:48 AM   #26
ScubaChief60

Hello everyone.... RE: Nomad's question "Anybody got the inside track to Rich Lacy @ Early V8 Garage". It was just a fluke but it worked for me. I called by telephone... it rang maybe 5 times and the call dropped. I called right back and the call was answered immediately. Maybe some inside code huh?

My sense was that they are very busy. I have been known to let mine go to voice mail too when I'm in the middle of a project (or under my '35.)

I have spoken to the elder (like me) Mr Lacy a few times and find him quite pleasant and even funny. So I'd say just try my trick and good luck.

Take care all!
ScubaChief60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2023, 10:35 AM   #27
Zeke3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScubaChief60 View Post
Hello everyone.... RE: Nomad's question "Anybody got the inside track to Rich Lacy @ Early V8 Garage". It was just a fluke but it worked for me. I called by telephone... it rang maybe 5 times and the call dropped. I called right back and the call was answered immediately.
I have known people who have used a similar system to filter calls.
Zeke3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2023, 10:28 PM   #28
the.secret.victoria

I must be one of the lucky ones who's been able to get a hold of Dennis via Instagram.

I'd think one should be able to piece together how the kit is assembled from the various photos of it that've been posted on his account since it supposedly only bolts into existing holes.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CrKjE2kuyb2/

https://www.instagram.com/p/CWZRSKvvUEK/

I have wondered how the heck the master cylinder gets filled, though. Doesn't seem very practical.
* Sedan or Victoria roof tack strip (OEM or aftermarket)
* Straight commercial (pickup) bumper '33/'34 or '35 (46-17757 or 68-17757)
the.secret.victoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2023, 11:19 AM   #29
AnthonyG

Quote:
Originally Posted by the.secret.victoria View Post
I must be one of the lucky ones who's been able to get a hold of Dennis via Instagram.

I'd think one should be able to piece together how the kit is assembled from the various photos of it that've been posted on his account since it supposedly only bolts into existing holes.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CrKjE2kuyb2/

https://www.instagram.com/p/CWZRSKvvUEK/

I have wondered how the heck the master cylinder gets filled, though. Doesn't seem very practical.
I’ve sent an Instagram message several days ago. The pics u sent from his Instagram posts r 4 a 1933-34 & totally different. I’d love to see some pics of the ‘35 kit installed if anyone has any!
Old 05-06-2023, 12:38 PM   #30
rich b

Quote:
I’ve sent an Instagram message several days ago. The pics u sent from his Instagram posts r 4 a 1933-34 & totally different. I’d love to see some pics of the ‘35 kit installed if anyone has any!
Link to pictures of the parts in the kit.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CrMK0ObPYCx/

Video starts with a picture of the master cylinder mount in place, a screen shot could likely capture it for a closer study.

https://www.instagram.com/p/ClpP90QvVb8/
rich b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2023, 11:05 PM   #31
the.secret.victoria

Quote:
My mistake. I must have gotten confused by some of the other posts.

Does Rich's post help at all? Dennis may have some more of the '35 kit on his Instagram if you go back further in time.
* Sedan or Victoria roof tack strip (OEM or aftermarket)
* Straight commercial (pickup) bumper '33/'34 or '35 (46-17757 or 68-17757)
the.secret.victoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2023, 10:06 AM   #32
AnthonyG

Thx Richb & Yes Rich’s post (Instagram video) shows a more complete ‘35 chassis install!

Last edited by AnthonyG; 05-09-2023 at 10:54 AM.
Old 05-09-2023, 10:08 AM   #33
AnthonyG

Also wanted to report back, Dennis ( Early V8 Garage ) replied to my message on The Hamb today & is sending instructions.
Thx all for the comments & help!

Last edited by AnthonyG; 05-09-2023 at 10:54 AM.
Old 11-18-2023, 11:55 PM   #34
ScubaChief60

So... AnthonyG... have you completed the '35 install? ( I can hunt mine up and either mail to you or post here... your choice ). I just completed mine on my '35... using the Lincoln Bendix brakes from EarlyV8Garage. I had to additionally order the Bolling Brothers rear brake mechanisms with backing plates and assemblies with 1&3/4 inch shoes so that I could continue to use my original '35 drums. Test drove it just today on a 20 mile cruise and it all works perfectly including the E-brake.

Now about the Lacy's.. i was actually able to speak with Dennis a couple of times though they are hard to reach no doubt. Even spoke with Richard a few times. Both very pleasant folks. Last time I spoke with Dennis I learned that Richard had not been well so I imagine that that all makes it even more difficult to communicate. Persistence and patience paid off for me at last
ScubaChief60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2023, 08:40 AM   #35
WRA

Glad to see that I’m not the only one. I’ve purchased several of his kits over the years. Actually been doing business with them for more than 20 years. Communication was never a problem When Richard was running the shop, you could always expect a reply or answer within a day or so.

I once asked Richard about expanding and hiring some folks to help out. Absolutely not he said, he felt that the California labor requirements and liability protections could kill his business. He also felt he would need to raise prices by 50% or more to cover these requirements.

Granted, this was a number of years ago but I’m sure they are still facing the same problem.
WRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2023, 02:51 PM   #36
Newc

I've seen Lacy's parts adds on the net, even HAMB. So some activity Newc
Newc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2023, 06:05 PM   #37
johndee138

I have a 35-6 hydraulic conversion kit from EV8 Garage that I used for a while but removed when I installed a T170 trans and went to 39 pedals.
It's for sale should anyone be interested
pm me for details and phone #
johndee138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2023, 07:42 PM   #38
drfromnc

Dennis Lacy is on Instagram too and in fact I think has a sell going on on their kits right now.
drfromnc is offline   Reply With Quote