Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 06-17-2018, 05:54 AM   #1
Charlie ny
BANNED

Default Dearborn G N Meet

The Grand National Meet was everything Alice and I hoped for. Hooking up with old friends and finally doing a face to face with e mail and phone friends from far and wide was the heart of the event for us. My seminar went pretty
well, I wore my Bubba's Tshirt so at least a little part of Jim was there. Now
it's time for some catching up in the shop.
Charlie ny
Charlie ny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 06:35 AM   #2
Old Redneck

Send a message via AIM to Old Redneck Send a message via Yahoo to Old Redneck
Default Re: Dearborn G N Meet

We got home noon yesterday and work was waiting for me as usual.Got to see old friends. I always enjoy the National meet. Next year Auburn will be a good meet also.
Old Redneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 12:03 PM   #3
JimOH

Vivian and I were glad to meet up with CharlieNY and Alice and share a few meals with them. Always a pleasure. We got to see lots of friends we only get to see once or twice a year. Seeing old friends is good as seeing old V8's or even better. JimOH
JimOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 12:12 PM   #4
fordv8j

Velma and I got home 3;30 Saturday, had a great time at Auburn and Dearborn, traveled 1018 miles,got a Dearborn for our 38 conv.coupe, the new museum is awesome,would like to thank all who put on the gn meet, especially Ken and Carlyn Bounds, also our friends, Cecil and Kay Polan, Ole Red Neck and Josh Conrad, looking foreward to Auburn next year
fordv8j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 12:53 PM   #5
scicala

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie ny View Post
The Grand National Meet was everything Alice and I hoped for. Hooking up with old friends and finally doing a face to face with e mail and phone friends from far and wide was the heart of the event for us. My seminar went pretty
well, I wore my Bubba's Tshirt so at least a little part of Jim was there. Now
it's time for some catching up in the shop.
Charlie ny

Charlie,

Sorry I didn't get to see you and talk a little bit. My only chance to be there was on Wednesday, and that happened to be the day that most cars were at Greenfield Village. Looked like only about 10% of the cars were at the hotel. I still enjoyed looking at the cars that were there.
I was looking forward to chatting about carburetors and learning a little about the '32 - '33 Detroit Lubricator carbs.

Sal
scicala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 03:27 PM   #6
Kens 36

Charlie's seminar packed the house - I heard many great compliments about it. Thank you!

Also, a big thanks to Jeff Horrocks (Very Tangled) for stepping up at the last minute and providing super audio-visual support for Charlie.

Ken
Old 06-17-2018, 04:34 PM   #7
Charlie ny
BANNED

Jeff's AV setup really made things go well for me. I will mention here that I dedicated

my effort to Jeff's DAD....Henry Horrocks, never was a finer man......
Charlie ny
Charlie ny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 05:04 PM   #8
nelsb01

Some of us are still there! Enjoying the Greenfield Village Motor Muster. EXTREMELY hot today and that cut into attendance at the Motor Muster. About 15 members showed up -- not like Saturday when we had over 50! Enjoyed the presentation on how the V-8 was developed. Especially liked the 'Past in Review'.
Thanks to all that showed up. The swap meet with Charlie and Alice was great. Lots of interesting stuff -- including all new old parts from Dennis Carpenter.
National Meets are a big part of the Early Ford V-8 Club-- let's have many more!!!
Gee, I still have 619 miles and a ferry ride left to go. For those that were here, glad you made it home safe.
nelsb01 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 08:04 PM   #9
Frank Miller

Charlie, It was great to see you two and thanks for your hard work and dedication to this hobby. As much as it is a business we are lucky to have the expertise of guys like yourself to help us understand the simplicity of the stuff we complicate.
Old 06-18-2018, 10:32 AM   #10
Seth Swoboda

Charlie, Good to see you again. I really enjoyed your seminar. Thank you for putting on your presentation. I may not get to see you again in person but I hope to talk to you on the phone.
Seth Swoboda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 11:49 AM   #11
petehoovie

I saw this post on the EFV8 Club site >"At this time I am calling on the board to release a statement as to what happened at the end of the meet. The only facts I know are we are left with no chief national judge and a bunch of ugly rumors. Might also be nice to know who voted for this and why. If no one is willing to go on the record then we need some change. I go to these meets to escape this crap"

Anybody know anything about this?....

"Silver rings, your butt! Them's washers!"
"We shot our way out of that town for a dollar's worth of steel holes!" - from 'The Wild Bunch' - 1969

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NReUd2_0u0
petehoovie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 12:24 PM   #12
TJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by petehoovie View Post
I saw this post on the EFV8 Club site >"At this time I am calling on the board to release a statement as to what happened at the end of the meet. The only facts I know are we are left with no chief national judge and a bunch of ugly rumors. Might also be nice to know who voted for this and why. If no one is willing to go on the record then we need some change. I go to these meets to escape this crap"

Pete, I'm sure you heard lots of rumors, but rest assured there is still a National Chief Judge on duty. Ken bounds is still in charge.
TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 02:29 PM   #13
glennsanders

Hey guys had a great time out there seeing all my friends and all the old cars. But maybe we should think twice before we airing our dirty laundry on the Ford Barn. Just saying.Call you club president and ask him .
glennsanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 03:35 PM   #14
HOTROD_WILLIE

Quote:
Originally Posted by petehoovie View Post

Wow, I heard something was going down with national judge. Man I can believe this. I am sure the Early V-8 will fix the problem. Thanks for the information. Plan on making some phone calls tonight to find out want happen.
HOTROD_WILLIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 03:42 PM   #15
Seth Swoboda

[QUOTE=HOTROD_WILLIE;1641497]Wow, I heard something was going down with national judge. Man I can believe this. I am sure the Early V-8 will fix the problem. Thanks for the information. Plan on making some phone calls tonight to find out want happen.[/QUOTE

Why do you have to be so negative to the guys here who enjoy the Early Ford V8 Club? If you don't care for the club just ignore it. I don't care for hot rods but I don't rag on them here.
Old 06-18-2018, 03:55 PM   #16
HOTROD_WILLIE

[QUOTE=Seth Swoboda;1641500]
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOTROD_WILLIE View Post
Wow, I heard something was going down with national judge. Man I can believe this. I am sure the Early V-8 will fix the problem. Thanks for the information. Plan on making some phone calls tonight to find out want happen.[/QUOTE

Why do you have to be so negative to the guys here who enjoy the Early Ford V8 Club? If you don't care for the club just ignore it. I don't care for hot rods but I don't rag on them here.
I hate you feel I said something negative about the Early V-8 show. I was at the show and had a great time. When got home a friend of my called me ask I heard one judge got dismissed.

Last edited by HOTROD_WILLIE; 06-18-2018 at 04:11 PM.
HOTROD_WILLIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 04:18 PM   #17
Seth Swoboda

[QUOTE=HOTROD_WILLIE;1641505]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth Swoboda View Post

I hate you feel I said something negative about the Early V-8 show. I was at the show and had a great time. When got home a friend of my called me ask I heard one judge got dismissed.
I don't believe you were there. I also know sarcasm and your statement was full of it. What is your real name? I'll look you up in the club directory and we can go out for dinner in Auburn next August, I'll buy.
Old 06-18-2018, 04:36 PM   #18
Frank Miller

I posted that on the V8 forum. I hope the board is formulating a statement that will work towards repairing the damage. When I wrote about there being no chief deputy judge that was the what i was told from a credible source who called me today to say it was not the case. It was said in haste but rescinded when given more thought.
I'm asking that there be no further discussion here or anywhere else until the board give us a statement. I hope it is addressed by the end of the week. It needs some serious thought.
Old 06-18-2018, 04:40 PM   #19
glennsanders

Seth his not worth it ,it's his MO.Dont let him get you kicked off here. What a great meet , thanks Charlie good seeing you and your wife.God bless you guys
glennsanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 05:03 PM   #20
Old Redneck

Send a message via AIM to Old Redneck Send a message via Yahoo to Old Redneck

Ken Bounds is one of I look up to when I go to the National Meet. He always treated me with respect and does his job as it should be.
Old Redneck is offline   Reply With Quote