Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 11-02-2015, 07:56 PM   #21
SHEC

Default Re: Best brand and supplier for 19 " tubes

Don Snyder -

Thanks for your exact input regarding the tube project. Nice to know my two favorite suppliers are looking out for us all (as usual). I have been, and will continue to be a very satisfied customer.

Thanks again!

C. Shelby = (SHEC), the thread instigator.
SHEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 07:59 PM   #22
SHEC

Thank you Sir!

C. Shelby (SHEC) in Nor Cal
Old 11-02-2015, 08:15 PM   #23
SHEC

Quote:
Originally Posted by don3527 View Post
I'd like to clear the air on inner tubes. To my knowledge, there are no U.S. made inner tubes being made. As far as I know, Robbins was the last of the U.S. tube manufacturers but they were bought up several years ago and the 19" and 21" tube molds seemed to have disappeared. Walt Bratton and myself (Don Snyder) went together on the inner tube project and had them made. They are a butyl tube, not a recycled blend like several of the other lesser expensive tubes made today. Thank You, Don Snyder
Thank you Sir for the exact clarity I was seeking. Also for the work to provide us with the best that is available today - just 85 years later.

C. Shelby = (SHEC )
Old 11-02-2015, 08:39 PM   #24
C26Pinelake
BANNED

Location: Michigan / Ontario border, Sarnia, Ontario. 50 miles from Detroit and 150 from Toronto.

So Don is saying that Snyders tubes and Brattons tubes are identical and are from the same manufacturer! Wayne
C26Pinelake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 09:43 PM   #25
Larry Jenkins
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by don3527 View Post
I'd like to clear the air on inner tubes. To my knowledge, there are no U.S. made inner tubes being made. As far as I know, Robbins was the last of the U.S. tube manufacturers but they were bought up several years ago and the 19" and 21" tube molds seemed to have disappeared. Walt Bratton and myself (Don Snyder) went together on the inner tube project and had them made. They are a butyl tube, not a recycled blend like several of the other lesser expensive tubes made today. Thank You, Don Snyder
Hey D3!

A very warm welcome to the Barn.

I have bought many great parts from your Company, and consider your Tom Jordan as one of the two folks there who make your Company a great one.

No, I don't work there. But if I was younger, I might apply..

Larry
Old 11-02-2015, 11:34 PM   #26
Mike V. Florida

Send a message via AIM to Mike V. Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by modelAtony View Post
DON 3527, THANKS FOR SOUNDING OFF . I didn't know you were involved also on the tubes. Thanks for all you do for the MODEL A WORLD. Company's like yours are our life savers. I just wish when you great guy's put out something that YOU OR A PARTNER got together and spent the big bucks to make our cars better would STAND UP AND TAKE CREDIT FOR IT . ya'll all need to get a pat on the back for it. THANKS MR. DON. Have fun modelAtony tony white Lafayette, LA
Neither had I known that the same tubes could be bought from you as well. Thanks for the info!