Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 07-12-2022, 06:38 PM   #1
v8nut

Default Ford Pickup and Early V8 Parts stolen in Portland on way to Wenatchee

Last Saturday morning on the way from San Jose to Wenatchee my 2001 Ford 4 wheel drive diesel pickup towing a box trailer with my Dearborn candidate 1935 Ford Phaeton was stolen from the parking lot of the Four Points Sheraton in Gresham (near Portland) Oregon. Imagine my shock when I stepped out of the Motel to see my entire rig was gone! Luckily, I had placed Apple Air Tags on the Trailer and in the Phaeton. My iphone air tag ap showed the trailer to be in the parking lot of the 205 Mall in Portland. I called for an Uber ride and found the trailer unopened and the Phaeton safely inside but no truck. I filed a police report and rented a UHaul truck to tow my trailer back home. In the truck were a NOS heart shaped Trico windshield wiper motor, a pair of 1935/36 windshield stantions, and a 1932 Model B engine splash pan among other parts I was going to try to sell at the swap meet in Wenatchee. If these parts turn up locally in the Portland area they are stolen. Jim in San Jose
v8nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2022, 08:56 PM   #2
Ken’s first 35

Default Re: Ford Pickup and Early V8 Parts stolen in Portland on way to Wenatchee

Oh my gosh, that would have been an awful feeling that morning. Good call on using the air tags. Wish you luck on locating the truck and parts. Something are replaceable, the 35 is not easily replaced.
Ken’s first 35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2022, 10:59 PM   #3
tomcarman

Default Re: Ford Pickup and Early V8 Parts stolen in Portland on way to Wenatchee

I'm sorry this happened to you. Unfortunately car thefts in this area of the Pacific Northwest have risen dramatically. Most recent statistics. Portland up 36%, Tacoma up 88%, Seattle up 50%. This list goes on... You were smart with the tracking device. Other than secretly somehow disabling your vehicle and hope it won't be stolen by towing I urge due caution.
tomcarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2022, 11:20 PM   #4
Tinker

Farts. Guess the airtags paid off.
Tinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2022, 12:01 AM   #5
mercman from oz

This is a picture of V8 Nuts 1935 Ford Phaeton which was stolen from the parking lot of his Motel enroute to the V8 Nationals. Luckily because of Apple Air Tags, he was able to locate the 35 Ford and Trailer, but his tow Vehicle, a 2001 Ford 4x4 has not be recovered. We live in a sad world.
mercman from oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2022, 12:44 AM   #6
tomcarman

Here's examples of the auto thefts in the area. Please take extreme precautions if you're in this area.

https://mynbc15.com/news/nation-worl...ffs-department

https://www.q13fox.com/news/we-have-...-cross-country

Last edited by tomcarman; 07-13-2022 at 12:49 AM.
tomcarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2022, 12:55 AM   #7
GB SISSON

Seattle and Portland are doing all they can to defund the police. If you live under a blue tarp and don't want to work you can steal up to 900 bucks worth of stuff and walk out of a store. Political? Yes, lets get back to fords, sorry .
Owner/Operator of 'Jailbar Ranch' on the side of Mt. Pickett. Current stable consists of 1946 1/2 ton pickup turned woodie wagon with FH V8, 1947 Tonner Pickup (red) mostly stock with exception of a cummins 6at turbo diesel, 1946 Tonner Pickup (green) with 226 cu in 6 cyl flathead, 1979 Toyota landcruiser wagon, completely encased in 1947 Ford Jailbar sheet metal. Ok, cornbinder rear fenders..... 'Rusty ol' floorboards, hot on their feet' (Alan Jackson)
GB SISSON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2022, 08:43 AM   #8
Seth Swoboda

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcarman View Post
I'm sorry this happened to you. Unfortunately car thefts in this area of the Pacific Northwest have risen dramatically. Most recent statistics. Portland up 36%, Tacoma up 88%, Seattle up 50%. This list goes on... You were smart with the tracking device. Other than secretly somehow disabling your vehicle and hope it won't be stolen by towing I urge due caution.
Hard to believe isn't it?
Seth Swoboda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2022, 12:22 PM   #9
pistonbroke

That's why we are leaving the west coast after 50 plus years. It's sad but our wonderful west coast states are in a severe downward spiral do to many things that I wont get into here. Breaking and entering, shoplifting and grand theft auto all have little or no consequence out here so be wary of anyone anytime.
pistonbroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2022, 02:35 PM   #10
DavidG

Many Canadians who live east of the Rockies don't use the term "west coast" any more, instead they use the term "left coast". Increasingly that is an apt term for the coastal area south of the 49th parallel.
DavidG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2022, 12:25 AM   #11
ford38v8

I’m in a place where they demonstrate carrying banners that read “No More Landlords”, the law says I can’t evict for non payment of rent, and D.A.s get elected on platforms promising not to prosecute non violent crime. Why wouldn’t everyone want to live here?
About stolen cars? A friend’s warehouse of cars was broken into, 4 cars stolen, another maliciously trashed, and the thieves put their own padlock back on the warehouse.
Old 07-14-2022, 08:48 AM   #12
uncle buck

During the recent Portland swapmeet 25 vehicles were stolen over the weekend with 4 being Ford SuperDuty's within 5 miles of the swapmeet. The report I saw said 1830 were stolen around Portland in the months of January and February alone. Glad to hear you at least got your Phaeton and trailer back.
uncle buck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2022, 09:40 AM   #13
Larry32B

I hope you get your truck back, if you do I'm interested in the splash pan.
Larry32B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2022, 12:55 PM   #14
Bored&Stroked

As my favorite Finnish Uncle would say: "Sonszabitches"
Bored&Stroked is offline   Reply With Quote