Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 11-19-2021, 09:29 PM   #81
Tinker

Default Re: Covid excuse to play hookey

Seeing all the younger (I think 20 plus years look like teenagers in my older years) there are quite a few embracing tactile arts. Aka wood working. People will always need chairs, tables, houses. Just need to understand the audience that wants custom stuff that is cool and lasts. I tend to buy things that cost more, but I know will last.

Very few people have those big particle board entertainment centers they bought 5 yrs ago (and if they do it'll probably be the first thing going to the dump when they move). But they probably have an old dresser that was build 50yrs ago. What's more green then that. haha But I could be wrong.

Last edited by Tinker; 11-19-2021 at 09:56 PM.
Tinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2021, 05:30 PM   #82
GB SISSON

Rare spell of weather here in coastal Washington state. Been 9 degrees at night and made it up to 14 today. Gonna be a week this way so I busted out the homemade snowplow I made for the skidsteer to plow the road, but this contraption doesn't need no snowplow. Good thing my wife bought me some electric gloves for Christmas!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Call for backup 1.jpg (145.9 KB, 187 views)
File Type: jpg Call for backup 2.jpg (161.5 KB, 186 views)
Owner/Operator of 'Jailbar Ranch' on the side of Mt. Pickett. Current stable consists of 1946 1/2 ton pickup turned woodie wagon with FH V8, 1947 Tonner Pickup (red) mostly stock with exception of a cummins 6at turbo diesel, 1946 Tonner Pickup (green) with 226 cu in 6 cyl flathead, 1979 Toyota landcruiser wagon, completely encased in 1947 Ford Jailbar sheet metal. Ok, cornbinder rear fenders..... 'Rusty ol' floorboards, hot on their feet' (Alan Jackson)
GB SISSON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2021, 05:38 PM   #83
cas3

Holy cow, thats quite a hill you live on there. Got strong legs I bet! We are supposed to have a daytime high of -8 later this week, but it will be 80 in my shop
cas3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2021, 06:10 PM   #84
petehoovie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB SISSON View Post
Rare spell of weather here in coastal Washington state. Been 9 degrees at night and made it up to 14 today. Gonna be a week this way so I busted out the homemade snowplow I made for the skidsteer to plow the road, but this contraption doesn't need no snowplow. Good thing my wife bought me some electric gloves for Christmas!

"Silver rings, your butt! Them's washers!"
"We shot our way out of that town for a dollar's worth of steel holes!" - from 'The Wild Bunch' - 1969

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NReUd2_0u0
petehoovie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2021, 07:50 PM   #85
GB SISSON

As darkness began to fall on Mt. Pickett I decided not to leave the old girl on the hill so my wife got a couple of pics of me coming out over the top. Now everything is put away and closed up for the night.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg up the hill 1.jpg (51.6 KB, 186 views)
File Type: jpg up the hill 2.jpg (54.6 KB, 186 views)
Owner/Operator of 'Jailbar Ranch' on the side of Mt. Pickett. Current stable consists of 1946 1/2 ton pickup turned woodie wagon with FH V8, 1947 Tonner Pickup (red) mostly stock with exception of a cummins 6at turbo diesel, 1946 Tonner Pickup (green) with 226 cu in 6 cyl flathead, 1979 Toyota landcruiser wagon, completely encased in 1947 Ford Jailbar sheet metal. Ok, cornbinder rear fenders..... 'Rusty ol' floorboards, hot on their feet' (Alan Jackson)
Old 12-27-2021, 07:51 PM   #86
petehoovie

Quote:
As darkness began to fall on Mt. Pickett I decided not to leave the old girl on the hill so my wife got a couple of pics of me coming out over the top. Now everything is put away and closed up for the night.

"We shot our way out of that town for a dollar's worth of steel holes!" - from 'The Wild Bunch' - 1969

Old 12-27-2021, 08:13 PM   #87
51504bat

If this isn't the perfect Christmas card photo I don't know what is.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Call for backup 2.jpg (161.5 KB, 159 views)
Old 12-27-2021, 08:23 PM   #88
petehoovie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 51504bat View Post
If this isn't the perfect Christmas card photo I don't know what is.

Old 12-27-2021, 09:14 PM   #89
PeteVS

Good thing you don't raise goats. They'd all have longer legs on one side than the other. Do you have a good heater in the Fordota?
Old 12-27-2021, 09:15 PM   #90
GB SISSON

This could be a Christmas card too. A friend of my wife's said Gary's lobodomy scar seems to be healing well. Heck, I was under the skidsteer with a heat gun aiming at the diesel and I banged my head....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Olf folks home.jpg (41.6 KB, 166 views)
Old 12-27-2021, 09:18 PM   #91
GB SISSON

If it had a heater we'd be heating the great outdoors....
Old 12-30-2021, 07:15 PM   #92
GB SISSON

She came in pretty handy this afternoon when my wife's subaru slid off the driveway. The more we tried to straighten out, the more the nose pointed downhill. Rigged a snatch block off the suburban's hitch and tailed it down to the ford bumper on the Foyota. Wife in the Foy backing up and me steering the subaru and it went well as we got all straightened up. Well, the subaru did anyhow.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MTN RSC 1.jpg (126.3 KB, 154 views)
File Type: jpg MTN RSC 2.jpg (136.9 KB, 148 views)
File Type: jpg MTN RSC 4.jpg (142.3 KB, 151 views)
File Type: jpg MTN RSC 5.jpg (161.1 KB, 147 views)
File Type: jpg MTN RSC 6.jpg (153.4 KB, 147 views)
Old 12-30-2021, 07:35 PM   #93
petehoovie

Quote:
This could be a Christmas card too. A friend of my wife's said Gary's lobodomy scar seems to be healing well. Heck, I was under the skidsteer with a heat gun aiming at the diesel and I banged my head....

Old 12-30-2021, 07:37 PM   #94
petehoovie

Quote:
She came in pretty handy this afternoon when my wife's subaru slid off the driveway. The more we tried to straighten out, the more the nose pointed downhill. Rigged a snatch block off the suburban's hitch and tailed it down to the ford bumper on the Foyota. Wife in the Foy backing up and me steering the subaru and it went well as we got all straightened up. Well, the subaru did anyhow.

Old 12-30-2021, 08:22 PM   #95
cas3

Man, you are up on the mountain. Thats the ocean off in the distance? Good thing you had a skilled truck driver there to help !
cas3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2021, 08:44 PM   #96
GB SISSON

It's a part of the Puget Sound called Rosario Straits. The view is facing S by SE. In the far distance is NAS Whidbey. We hear the Prowlers/Growlers from here on quiet evenings. The Pacific Ocean is to the West of the Naval Air Station after you pass through the Straits of Juan De Fuca.
Old 12-31-2021, 08:02 AM   #97
Bill

"Home, Home on the range" You know the rest of that tune! Happy New Year to all! Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2022, 02:38 PM   #98
Sawbones

This build is awesome and I love that you're putting it to work. Thanks for the turn on!
Sawbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2022, 09:39 PM   #99
GB SISSON

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawbones View Post
This build is awesome and I love that you're putting it to work. Thanks for the turn on!

You are quite welcome Mr Sawbones. It has been a really fun project and being creative has always been a part of my life. I guess the Foyota is a good example of thinking outside of the box. It isn't a rat rod, a hot rod, a resto mod or a reproduction or a kit car and certainly not a restoration or an off-road vehicle or an 'overlander'. Just a bunch of my good junk that was scattered around on my property fastened together and hammered on. I am hoping to build my roadster windshield before the summer season is upon us and will post some pictures of how I create it. One thing is certain. I won't know how I'm gonna do it til I build it.
Old 03-20-2022, 10:08 PM   #100
51504bat

Quote:
You are quite welcome Mr Sawbones. It has been a really fun project and being creative has always been a part of my life. I guess the Foyota is a good example of thinking outside of the box. It isn't a rat rod, a hot rod, a resto mod or a reproduction or a kit car and certainly not a restoration or an off-road vehicle or an 'overlander'. Just a bunch of my good junk that was scattered around on my property fastened together and hammered on. I am hoping to build my roadster windshield before the summer season is upon us and will post some pictures of how I create it. One thing is certain. I won't know how I'm gonna do it til I build it.

As far as a windshield goes think boat. Should be something in your neck of the woods that you could adapt.