Go Back   The Ford Barn > The Swap Meet > For Sale > Early V8

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 04-13-2016, 05:58 PM   #1
drgoetz

Default Fresh Flathead

City: Lexington
State: Kentuccky
Price: 1500

1938-1939 Industrial Engine
24 Stud
221 CID Ford Flathead
Was going to use this in my ’36 Ford but decided to go with the original. This is an industrial V-8 (has a two piece oil pan so the clutch can be easily replaced but I do not have the second piece.)
Block “hot tanked,” cleaned and magna-fluxed; no cracks. This is a heavy (1/8”) sleeved engine bored .030 over with new pistons and rings. The crank was turned .020 on the mains and rods with new bearings. The bearings are tight and torqued. I replaced the main bearing studs with grade 8 bolts. The pistons are new four-ring with rings. The valve seats ground with adjustable lifters, stainless valves, and new springs. Standard cam with new timing gear. Heads shaved .010 with new Offenhauser grade 8 head studs/nuts/washers. Valves adjusted to .014 on intakes and .016 on the exhaust.
This is a standard 90hp engine; nothing fancy just solid. As can be seen, flywheel, NOS oil pump, original oil pan, intake manifold, starter motor, water pumps, and NOS distributor are included. Oil pan gasket and front rope seals not installed.
Engine is located in Lexington, Kentucky, corner of I-64 and I-75.
Price: $1500.
Call or email: Bill Goetz ([email protected]) – (859) 312-3145c
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN0075.jpg (81.5 KB, 174 views)

Last edited by drgoetz; 04-16-2016 at 05:22 PM. Reason: add pictures ----- Sold on 15 April '16
drgoetz is offline   Reply With Quote