Go Back   The Ford Barn > The Swap Meet > For Sale > Early V8

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 10-18-2015, 02:22 PM   #1
drgoetz

Default 1938-39 Flathead Engine

City: Lexington
State: Kentucky
Price: 1000

1938-1939
24 Stud
221 CID Ford Flathead
I have been working on this engine off and on and finally have it put back together. Initially, I had the block “hot tanked,” cleaned and magna-fluxed; no cracks. This is a sleeved engine bored .030 over with new pistons and rings. The crank has been turned .020 on the mains and rods. The crank has been polished. The bearings are tight and the main bearing studs are grade 8 bolts. The pistons are new four ring and the rings are new. The valve seats were ground and I put in adjustable lifters, stainless valves, and new springs. The original cam was not worn and I reused it and added a new timing gear. The heads were shaved .010 and I installed new grade 8 head studs. Valves were adjusted .014 on intakes and .016 on the exhaust (Ford used .013 and .015.)
This is a standard 90hp engine; nothing fancy just solid. Also included is the flywheel, oil pump, original oil pan, intake manifold, starter motor, water pumps, distributor, a complete set of engine gaskets and a modern one-piece front oil seal. The short block is assembled however; all the remaining parts were not installed for inspection purposes. $1000 - my loss your gain.

Engine is located in Lexington, Kentucky, and should be picked up there.
Call or email: Bill Goetz ([email protected]) – (859) 312-3145c
drgoetz is offline   Reply With Quote