Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 09-14-2012, 02:52 PM   #1
wi0v

Default Model A's in the Rio Grand Valley

Now that I have my Model A running, would like to do some short trips and a little crusing. Of course if would be more fun if I could locate some other Model A'ers. There is a inactive club here and the members apparently don't get out, so I am looking for other Model A'ers that would like to get out and do a little driving, or driving out for a Coffee of a Saturday ect.

I live in Alamo, Texas is half way between Harlington, Tx and McAllen, Tx., In the Rio Grande Valley.

If there are any Model A'ers around that would like to get the club going again or would like to start a new club, or just go out crusing once in a while let me know.
[email protected]
wi0v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 03:46 PM   #2
Stretch Cab

Default Re: Model A's in the Rio Grand Valley

I think the Woody club headquarters is located around McAllen. There was a guy over on the Ahooga site that brought his Cabriolet down to the valley for the winter. I used to live in Mexico and came out to the McAllen area for RR.
Stretch Cab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 04:10 PM   #3
Mike in NRN IN

Quote:
Originally Posted by wi0v View Post
Now that I have my Model A running, would like to do some short trips and a little crusing. Of course if would be more fun if I could locate some other Model A'ers. There is a inactive club here and the members apparently don't get out, so I am looking for other Model A'ers that would like to get out and do a little driving, or driving out for a Coffee of a Saturday ect.

I live in Alamo, Texas is half way between Harlington, Tx and McAllen, Tx., In the Rio Grande Valley.

If there are any Model A'ers around that would like to get the club going again or would like to start a new club, or just go out crusing once in a while let me know.
Consider joining MAFCA and/or MARC and get the Membership Rosters. Invaluable tool (I have one of each in my Coupe.)

In the meantime:

MAFCA Chapter List http://www.mafca.com/chapters/TX.html

MARC Regions List: http://www.modelaford.org/pdf/RegionList.pdf

I have had some great cruisin' experiences with some of AACA members in my area too. (aaca.org)

Good luck and enjoy the ride.
Mike in NRN IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 04:56 PM   #4
wi0v

I have talked to the guy with the woody and one "Winter Texas" but that's all I can find. Have ordered a roster but there must be 50 small towns around here slow process that way. I had hoped the MAFCA or Restorers club could get me a list off of their computers but I guess all the privacy stuff has put a stop to that. Probably a good idea when you think about it. Thanks for the reply's. There must be some Model A'ers down here someplace. I'll keep looking.
[email protected]
Old 09-14-2012, 05:04 PM   #5
Mike in NRN IN

Quote:
Originally Posted by wi0v View Post
I have talked to the guy with the woody and one "Winter Texas" but that's all I can find. Have ordered a roster but there must be 50 small towns around here slow process that way. I had hoped the MAFCA or Restorers club could get me a list off of their computers but I guess all the privacy stuff has put a stop to that. Probably a good idea when you think about it. Thanks for the reply's. There must be some Model A'ers down here someplace. I'll keep looking.
At the risk of sounding all 'techy' and stuff. I scanned the rosters into my computer and created a file that could be imported and displayed in Google Earth.

It's a handy way to see where members are located.

Keep contacting the local clubs - they should be able to help locate folks.

Do you have any local papers you could post notices that you want to meet at a local place and cruise around? Might get some interest that way. Dunno, just a thought.

Living 50 miles away from two clubs, and working rotating shifts makes it hard to cruise/tour when they do. I still manage to get one or two a year in.
Mike in NRN IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 05:10 PM   #6
wi0v

Mike:
That does sound a little "Techy" but a great idea. Now if I knew how to do it, it would sure make looking thru the roster a lot easier.
[email protected]
Old 09-14-2012, 06:21 PM   #7
Arlen

You might look for a local AACA or VMCCA chapter as well.
Old 09-14-2012, 08:17 PM   #8
wi0v

There is an Antique Auto Club here in the Valley and I've been to a few of their shows, lots of classic cars, ratrods ect but no antique cars and definately no Model A's
[email protected]
Old 09-14-2012, 09:36 PM   #9
Tom Wesenberg

Park your Model A in front of a small town diner and go in for lunch. Ask if there are any other Model A's in town. That's the method my friend used to locate a lot of staionary engines.
Tom Wesenberg is offline   Reply With Quote