Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 11:19 AM   #41
OhioRick

Default Re: If gas prices go to 6 bucks a gallon

I would imagine if the US suppplies all its gas the oil companies will surely find a way to raise the price.
I'm driving my old ones regardless of the price. Now when the house morgage becomes in jeopardy because of it. We will just have to downsize and sleep in the garage.
Old 04-25-2011, 11:19 AM   #42
BrianCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL&WVMIKE View Post
Let's drill for our own oil. We have plenty, underground, here in the good ole USA.
We could get away from our dependency of Mid-East oil.
Every time a Middle-East country has a turmoil, which is a way of life for them, our oil speculators make millions and the US population pays billions.
Drill, baby, drill !
MIKE
We drilled in Alaska and then they sold it across the Pacific. That didn't help us much.
Old 04-25-2011, 01:00 PM   #43
Old Redneck

Send a message via AIM to Old Redneck Send a message via Yahoo to Old Redneck

I don't claim to whine as some say but the Gov. sure is one screwed up place. I surely do think they are way overpaid and too much free time.With all the problems they have made I bet they will ask for a raise in there pay and more time off.I just don't know how to please those fellows that supose to take care of us..If we took care of our household as they do the gov. we would go to jail or be at least homeless.As a group of car guys we do a super job working to help each other with our problems. At least our days are full of enjoyment playing with our flatheads. Summer here for us to start enjoying the good times.Hope to see you all down the road.It will take more then those buzzards to stop us from enjoying this summer.
Old 04-25-2011, 03:23 PM   #44
Shadetree

I think back when I was a 16 year old working in a Texaco Service Station. I made 50 cents an hour and gasoline was $0.29 a gallon. For one hour worked I earned 1.7 gallons of gasoline. That service station job today would be a minimum wage job that pays $7.25 an hour here in WV. Today at $4.00 a gallon that ratio would be 1.8 gallons of gasoline per hour worked. Not much difference. But, I lived at home with no expenses other than my old car. I was doing very well. Today there are millions of those working a minimum wage job, maintaining a household, raising a family and no health insurance. Prices of everything else has increased 10-20 fold. It just doesn’t add up.

I know politics are not to be discussed on this forum and I try very hard not to. But you get the picture.

Mike Burch says drill, baby drill. I agree. It would be years before we would be self sufficient if ever, but the scare of adding more oil to the world’s market would be an immediate relief. We absolutely need to do it..

Shadetree
Old 04-25-2011, 03:39 PM   #45
Bassman/NZ

We're at around US$8.50 here already. You just live with it. As an analogy, when cigaretts went through the roof, folks thought that all the smokers would give it up.... aint happened. Just as many today as has ever been.
Old 04-25-2011, 04:15 PM   #46
52merc

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
$9 bucks here new zealand for the low grade crap
Old 04-25-2011, 05:12 PM   #47
FRANK PKNY

I guess this is the change all the liberals voted for?
Old 04-25-2011, 06:10 PM   #48
Gumpy

Unleaded regular in sf bay area is @ 4.25 gallon today....Gump
Old 04-25-2011, 06:16 PM   #49
OLD...BILL

lets make that " DRILL DUMMIE DRILL "
Old 04-25-2011, 06:47 PM   #50
36tbird

Ol' farts, short sighted, only interested in, "I just want to continue to play with my toys". And, oh yeah, let's blame "liberals" for all this current mess. Geez, what a bunch of dumb asses. By the way, I am 60 years old but I like to imagine that I can still think about who we are and how we got here. That is not incongruous with liking old cars, especially when you remember and honor the old hot rodders who after WWII promoted technology advances utilizing the flathead as their laboratory. Rather than blowing out BS like "drill dummie drill", we should be pointing out how to learn from the past, i.e., enhancing current systems to promote fuel savings and mass transportation. If we did these kind of things, then our hobby could be preserved so that our old cars would be seen at shows and parades and such while our society has progressed to improve our environment and reduced fossil fuel dependency. But, other than that, I have no opinion on the subject.
Old 04-26-2011, 02:01 AM   #51
Henry Hopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 36tbird View Post
Ol' farts, short sighted, only interested in, "I just want to continue to play with my toys". And, oh yeah, let's blame "liberals" for all this current mess. Geez, what a bunch of dumb asses. By the way, I am 60 years old but I like to imagine that I can still think about who we are and how we got here. That is not incongruous with liking old cars, especially when you remember and honor the old hot rodders who after WWII promoted technology advances utilizing the flathead as their laboratory. Rather than blowing out BS like "drill dummie drill", we should be pointing out how to learn from the past, i.e., enhancing current systems to promote fuel savings and mass transportation. If we did these kind of things, then our hobby could be preserved so that our old cars would be seen at shows and parades and such while our society has progressed to improve our environment and reduced fossil fuel dependency. But, other than that, I have no opinion on the subject.
unfortunatley, we ride on the coat tails of the popularist fuel....ie; when a replacement fuel for petrol is found and used by the mainstream...you won`t be able to get regular petrol anymore owing to it be non profitable to store,make and promote a fuel for a low end usage....not at anything like an affordable price anyhow.
Old 04-26-2011, 02:31 AM   #52
$2ford

I pay too much money every month to rent a crappy little mobile home because it comes with a shop big enough for my cars and motorcycles, and it has a big yard for the dogs. It's all about sacrifice for your priorities. I REFUSE to let the politico take the pleasure and adventure of driving away from me. My gal and I are getting married in June. For our honeymoon we are taking a two week long road trip from western Oregon to Chicago and back, and we are camping in as many state and national parks as we can along the way (just like grandpa and I used to do)!
Old 04-26-2011, 07:29 AM   #53
Cob
Administrator

Exclamation Re: If gas prices go to 6 bucks a gallon

Closed- post turned political.

You guys need to realise as soon as some of you guys choose up sides like a couple of you guys did above - closed.

Closed Thread