Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model T (1909-1927)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 03-10-2016, 06:06 PM   #1
QGolden

Default Barn Parts

Hello All
First off I need to make a disclaimer, I have no vested interest in this thread, or the parts I am about to discuss. They are not mine.

OK, I contacted a guy today who had a seat for sale, he thought it was Model A, and I am looking for a seat for a Model A Speedster that I am building. So I went up to look at it, and it is not an A seat, in fact I don't even think it Ford, but no matter in this story. While I was with him we got to talking and he indicated that he was cleaning out a family house/barn that was on a homestead in the back property. In addition to the seat he had quite a pile of various antique things, in the shed that contained the seat. He said that he had pulled these items out of the barn and brought them down to the shed which is near the road to sell them off. We talked for quite a bit about many of the items that he had, many of which he was not aware what they were or what they were used for. I identified a bunch of items and give him some idea of pricing that I thought he should be asking. He indicated in our conversation that the barn is coming down, some in the family want the local fire dept to do a control burn and be done with it, but he is attempting to salvage what he can. (and I think he needs the money)

After a bit he said that the barn had car parts in it, (no cars) he thought they were T parts. and a lot of other stuff. He said he had a couple of pickers that went through it and bought a few things but it is still well full. We got along well enough and I came out and asked if he would let me see the car parts. He agreed, There is nothing incredibly rare there. But I am not a T guy, I took photos of items that I saw. These items will either remain there, until it falls down around them, or it may go up in smoke some night. Or he will drag them out to the street and sell them off.

He is a nice kid, anything I looked at he asked me to make an offer on. I would like to help him out as far as getting him a fair price for this stuff, but I don't want to help him out to the point where I buy any of it, but I would hate to see these parts get lost for ever. I have not listed them in the for sale area because I do not have prices for them, and he is not on this board.

So I am looking for some advice, someone out there wants some or all of these I am sure, and I am looking for some advice to help him get a fair price and not break any forum rules here. I have bought a few things in the "A" for sale forum, but never sold anything there.

I have photos of most most of what I saw, the list is:
1 Running Board luggage rack
Two Coil Boxes
5 Coils
2 Headlight reflectors
Speedometer face
Ignition Switch (stuck)
Window defroster
Rearview mirror
Pistons w/ connecting rods
Upper windshield frame

One interesting item that I had not seen before was a foot warmer, period correct, but could be from any source, it was the type that you put coals into a drawer, the fabric cover was gone off of it.

There is probably more various parts in there, there was a lot of newspapers and periodicals form the late 1800's to the 1940's, calendars, advertising pieces, Hubcaps form 40's (no sets, individuals) farm equipment, Hand tools (no Ford Script). Jus' a huge amount of stuff....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_6080.JPG (86.4 KB, 52 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6083.JPG (127.7 KB, 60 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6077.JPG (115.8 KB, 53 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6078.JPG (114.1 KB, 49 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6079.JPG (94.9 KB, 54 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6088.JPG (83.5 KB, 67 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6081.JPG (84.7 KB, 48 views)

It is the very things that we think we know, that keep us from learning what we should know.- Unknown
QGolden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 03:29 PM   #2
QGolden

Default Re: Barn Parts

Gee, I would have thought someone would have wanted these parts....

It is the very things that we think we know, that keep us from learning what we should know.- Unknown
Old 03-25-2016, 04:11 PM   #3
tmodelman

The parts in the pictures are of not much real interest. The coils perhaps, $2 up to $5max ea. The switch plate is worthless. Coil boxes maybe $5. Bezel from speedometer a trinket. Mirror and defroster very little. Foot warmer is a horse carriage item. Running board luggage rack in great shape perhaps $15.
tmodelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 08:41 PM   #4
QGolden

ThankS tmodean.
Approximate the feedback. They are nothing to me, I have an A, but I just would hate to see them scrapped if there were demand for any of them.