Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-10-2020, 03:00 AM   #1
dumb person

Default CD players look yuck so.... bluetooth!

If you follow my line of thinking, you'd think that dashes cut to fit a CD player look wrong.

Noticed you guys seem open minded to mods yet look factory kind of deal so...

I've never had a factory radio, i guess you can fill the space they went with an original looking radio face? Or just a thing the colour of the dash? Factory blanking plate?

Anyhow.
I thought i'd show you this great thing i bought recently, and don't really use because i can't go out anywhere lately....
It's called the MH-M28 bluetooth module.
You can hide it anywhere in the car, it's so tiny. Even has a headphone plug so you can use it and not wake the other people in the car?

The genuine one seems to have lossless audio, and all the functions are taken over by the phone or whatever is streaming to it.
Installed it in my car & the only thing you can see, is the tiny switch under the seat to turn it and the amplifier on. Your switch methods may vary.

This is how i wired it with my crude amp. You might have ready access to better amplifiers, mine works on 6 volts, but you should have nothing more than 5 volts input, at the 5 volt input pin.
If you use a single battery for it like i do (3.7 volt lithium) use the "VBAT" pin.

Here's my crude voltage regulator, it works ok on 12 volts, but on 6, i needed to jumper the "1117" zener diodes' center pin to the '+' side of the capacitor, i used a second 422 transistor for that with a 100K resistor to operate it, but it doesn't make any sense on paper?

Here's how i made it. It doesn't make any sense to me but it works.

If you do have a CD player in your dashboard, and some kind of new fangled phone you can do this at home with few bought parts (mostly salvaged from junk).

If you expect voltage spikes that would make the LM358 forget what it's doing (which requires turning it off & on again to fix) put a light bulb (only a small one, a few watts, like a dash light?) across the capacitor, worked for me.

Have fun?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg basic bluetooth player.jpg (52.7 KB, 402 views)
File Type: jpg LM358 my voltage reg.jpg (50.1 KB, 411 views)

"I'm Convinced that no one really reads posts anymore; they just fabricate what they think the post says then ramble on about red herrings."--Bob
Outcasts rules of old cars
#1 Fun is imperative, mainstream is overrated
#2 If they think it is impossible, prove them wrong
#3 If the science says it impossible you are not being creative enough.
#4 No shame in recreating something you never had
#5 If it were not for the law & physics you would be unstoppable
dumb person is offline   Reply With Quote