Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-24-2015, 09:39 PM   #1
Moodswing83

Default New Plan, Old Plan, plan plan plan

Here goes nothing! A new plan that is in action. I guess my good old friend Rex wins again. It is amazing how the older people in your life no more about you than you do.

I bought this Coupe to make a traditional banger hi-boy hot rod. My friend Rex told me when I brought it home that he would change my mind about the build. He was right, because we came across an ugly green flathead that changed the plans for the build. As I acquired the rest of my parts and figured out the new plan, Rex continued with his plan to re-wire my brain. He did so by dragging me along on another journey, a journey that would rekindle a passion that I had forgotten. You see, I like old cars of all kinds. I am especially fond of the Ford model A's and especially the 1932. I like the stockers as well as the hot rods, some rat rodders get it right, and everything with to much power in it is just awesome.

Anyway, Rex dragged me to the old car festival at GreenFieldVillage for the past two years, and a week trip last year to the MARC meet in Frenchlick Indiana, where I joined the club. You know, it is way cool to see a stocker rolling down the road, right. But when you are surrounded by 100's of them, and they are alive and living a life right it front of you, you just gotta have one. This is where he knew me better than I did because on the return trip home, I finalized my hot rod plan to keep it original. So late this fall, we both set out to rebuild our model A's. I am really excited about the build and the wife is happy because I finally made up my mind.

So far, I have completed the front and rear axles. I am now eagerly attacking the frame, where I am in the primer stage and hope to have it painted within a couple of weeks. So far, the hardest question to answer is what color to paint it? I don't know!
Gene
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2011-6 3-4 1930 Coupe - Before destruction.jpg (82.9 KB, 253 views)
Moodswing83 is offline   Reply With Quote