Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-26-2017, 03:36 PM   #14
lucky_stripe_garage

Default Re: My 1930 Model A

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdupay View Post
Not sure how you decided the starter was bad, but maybe it is somewhere else in the system. You were have to mess with the distributor for the cam screw, maybe something in the ignition system is not reconnected properly. If you haven't checked all that first, I would before I tear the starter out again. You seem to be a much better mechanic than I am, so maybe it is no bid deal, but for me, less is always more when it comes to taking stuff apart on my A. Good luck.

I figured it had something to do with either the starter or the start switch since I could hand crank it to start no problem. Luckily after working on it today I was just in the switch. One of the insulators had somehow ended up between the two copper contacts. Easy fix and the starter works again. Able to drive around town today with no issues.

I'm not a better mechanic than anyone. I'm learning about this car as I go. I enjoy learning new things and have plenty to learn about these cars. Less is definitely more. Someone on here has a saying in their signature that says "If it ain't broke, fix it until it is." That's pretty much how things have been going on my car. But it's been fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lucky_stripe_garage is offline   Reply With Quote