Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 08-17-2016, 09:57 PM   #1
forever4
BANNED

Default Brumfield Heads with non FelPro Head Gaskets

The recent other threads regarding heads and head gaskets also raises the question of what current gaskets are working well with Brumfield heads.

Larry designed and manufactured those heads from roughly 1985-2005. He always recommended the available FelPro 7013 Copper head gaskets exclusively for his heads.

Since that time, FelPro gaskets have gotten progressively larger bore, and more sealing issues have been reported.

So my question is this: In the last five years, what specific gaskets have been working for people specifically with Brumfield heads?

I think the most likely gaskets to use today are the Best brand 509G GraphTite, or possibly the Best brand 509C copper clad.

I will be checking out the sizes and fits of those gaskets to the combustion openings on my NORS Brumfield heads.

Who has some recent real world driving results to report on gaskets with the Brumfield head?

Post here or PM me.
Thanks
Old 08-18-2016, 07:37 AM   #2
kenparker

Default Re: Brumfield Heads with non FelPro Head Gaskets

gud mawin forever4. I haverun brumfield heads since 1992. currently have 5.9 BF heads on three model A and am building another performance engine that will have a BF 5.9. 4 total. I have used Fel-Pro and Larrys instructions when installing heads every time. The current gasket I have on the shelf and under the head of two of the cars is th Fel-Pro R4.. Use plenty of copper coat, but, careful to get even coat - no splatters - no runs -no puddles. Only problem was about 5 years ago when I ddnt retorque when I was supposed to.
kenparker is offline   Reply With Quote