Go Back   The Ford Barn > The Swap Meet > For Sale > Early V8

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 09-21-2019, 06:28 PM   #1
brsturges

Default 1948-1952 Ford F1 Front Brakes Complete with Hubs F-1 Self-Energizing

City: Coral Gables
State: FL
Price: $300

Up for sale is a very nice complete set of self-energizing Bendix drum brakes and hubs from a 1948 Ford F1 truck. These are in really nice condition. They came off a running truck and there was reasonably fresh brake fluid still in the hoses. The brake shoes still have good meat on them as seen in the pictures. I wouldn’t be surprised if these could be run as is.

This is by far the easiest and cheapest way to get self-energizing front drum brakes on your hot rod. These backing plates will easily adapt to early Ford spindles. You just need to change the inner wheel bearings as outlined in the thread below (or just buy the F1 spindles I am selling in another listing)

https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/...spindles.5877/

The hubs are 5x5 1/2” bolt pattern. They come with the bearings and races which really look good and could probably be run as is. You can get brand new drums from your local auto parts store (80s Bronco rear drums). The partnumber for the drum is Autozone 8951. I also have the originals if you want, but that will add to shipping.

The listed price is for both the hubs and brakes. I’ll consider splitting them up if there is interest.

Shipping is $34 within the continental US. I also have the axle available as well if you are interested. Feel free to contact me with any questions you may have.

Last edited by brsturges; 09-24-2019 at 07:37 PM.
brsturges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 07:37 PM   #2
brsturges

Default Re: 1948-1952 Ford F1 Front Brakes Complete with Hubs F-1 Self-Energizing

Btt. Accepting offers.
brsturges is offline   Reply With Quote