Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 07-05-2020, 02:03 AM   #1
Brian

Smile Friends

Seems to me, there is at least two types of people that play with flatheads....one type sees it as a lifestyle, this type gives freely parts and labour to others of the same ilk, and receives the same sort of response from those others...money doesn't come into the equation. 'Scratch my back, I'll scratch yours' I personally count these people as my truest friends, I will not mention anyone, but I am sure they know the score....
I just want to thank all those true flathead lovers, many of whom I've never even met, for sharing and living this sickness!
Old 07-05-2020, 02:09 AM   #2
Tinker

Default Re: Friends

it is a sickness... I've bought this video 3 times and lent it out. Finally just stopped lending it. Happy to say I converted one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mioo4mXutM

Last edited by Tinker; 07-05-2020 at 02:41 AM.
Tinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 07:33 PM   #3
Talkwrench

I couldn't agree more Brian.. Ive felt like a true "hotrodder" is a person that would [just as you say] would be happy swapping or even giving parts and time for others to help.. I'm finding it more satisfying doing that and I know you do, and Im thankful of that. Even did it last weekend caught up with a mate I gave him a torque tube and a real nice driveshaft to put "in stock" [as he has lots of parts] and he gave me gaskets and other bits and pieces.. Obliviously there are some rare and unique parts and vendors you pay $$$ for . But overall its a good feeling to help.
Old 07-05-2020, 08:03 PM   #4
Tim Ayers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talkwrench View Post
I couldn't agree more Brian.. Ive felt like a true "hotrodder" is a person that would [just as you say] would be happy swapping or even giving parts and time for others to help.. I'm finding it more satisfying doing that and I know you do, and Im thankful of that. Even did it last weekend caught up with a mate I gave him a torque tube and a real nice driveshaft to put "in stock" [as he has lots of parts] and he gave me gaskets and other bits and pieces.. Obliviously there are some rare and unique parts and vendors you pay $$$ for . But overall its a good feeling to help.
I agree. It's really great when you have that one or a few friends where you can rely on getting parts if someone is in need.

I think this is what makes this hobby so special.
Tim Ayers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 01:23 AM   #5
Fortunateson

Don't really have a lot of car type friends but this forum along with the HAMB have been very friendly with knowledge and advice. That I'm am truly thankful for.
Fortunateson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 05:38 PM   #6
grumppyoldman

Tinker I got to watching that video and couldn't quit. It brought back so many memories from back when I was racing in the late 50's and early 60's I was back in time, great video. Al
grumppyoldman is offline   Reply With Quote