Go Back   The Ford Barn > The Swap Meet > For Sale > Early V8

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 03-18-2018, 02:12 PM   #1
tennsmith

Default Mustang II Rack and Pinion-Manual

City: Huntsville
State: AL
Price: 50.00

I have an unused Mustang II manual rack and pinion for sale. It came as a part of a Heidt's front end kit for a 35-40 Ford and was new when I got it. I have had it 4-5 years. The ends of the tie rods have been cut off 1" on either side, as required to fit the "fat fendered" 35-40 Fords and the unit now measures 43 1/4" end-to-end as opposed to the 45 1/4" end-to-end standard rack. The brand is unknown. It came with the Heidt's kit so I assume the quality is reasonable.

My use of the manual rack has been overcome by events and I am switching to a power rack and have no use/need for the manual unit. Shipping will depend upon your location, the box is about 46 x 10 x 6 and weighs a tad less than 20#. The rack end castings appear to be aluminum and they appear to be chrome plated, although the casting was rough when plated, and the connecting tube is chrome plated as well.. The input shaft is 9/16-26 splined and the tie rods are 9/16-18. Lock nuts for the tie rod ends are provided as well as the mounting rubber bushings/steel inserts. The mounting bosses are on 16" centers. Pictures can/will be provided upon request. Shipping info will be provided also if you tell me your location.
tennsmith is offline   Reply With Quote