Go Back   The Ford Barn > The Swap Meet > Wanted > Late V8

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 05-19-2010, 09:52 PM   #1
Retro Jim

Default Body molding for 55 Ford Fairlane fordor

City: Abbottstown
State: Pa.

I want to change my trim to the trim that goes straight down the side of the car to the front fender . I have the trim that goes over the fender to the headlights & I just don't like them . I just like the straight trim down the entire side of the car much better for what I am building .

I need the trim for the 2 front doors and the 2 front fenders . I have a 55 Ford Fairlane fordor . The trim has to be the same style as the trim on my cars rear door and quarter panel . If anyone has what I need or knows what car they came on please let me know with some prices and condition of the trim . I also have lots of SBF parts and some Y block parts to trade with also .

Jim
Retro Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 01:27 AM   #2
$2ford

Default Re: Body molding for 55 Ford Fairlane fordor

Hi there Jim. I see that this post is almost a year old, but I thought it was still worth a shot. I am currently building a 55 Ford Country Sedan (4 door wagon). I have the trim that you are looking for and it is good shape. I removed it from the car, as I am going to paint it. I am looking for the Fairlane trim that you have. I was hoping to change my cars trim line as it lends itself more easily to a two tone paint job, and I think the fenders look sharp with the curved stainless. Anyhow, let me know if you are still in the market for the straight line, or even if you still have your original stuff.
$2ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 03:25 AM   #3
greywarden

so we are all on the same boat my friend. it is really worth of a shot because it is really hard to find ford parts for our vintage cars these days and not even ebay could help us. i think retro jim is not anymore active or the part that we are hoping for is already on other ford owners hand. sigh.

Last edited by greywarden; 07-23-2011 at 08:00 PM.
greywarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 10:27 PM   #4
Retro Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywarden View Post
so we are all on the same boat my friend. it is really worth of a shot because it is really hard to find ford parts for our vintage cars these days and not even ebay could help us. i think retro jim is not anymore active or the part that we are hoping for is already on other ford owners hand. sigh.

No I don't get here as much as I would like to but I am still looking for the trim !
If someone would have sent me a PM I would have know there way a reply !!

Jim
Retro Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 10:03 AM   #5
ems customer service

hey i think i still have a complete set of 4dr moulding but now i cant remember if it is 52-54 or 55/56

anyways call the shop on monday and i will take a look for it

ems auto 216-541-4585
ems customer service is offline   Reply With Quote