Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 02-28-2021, 06:17 PM   #21
Ted Duke

Default Re: Extended warranty

I once went along with the caller from the "warranty" company. Tried to get coverage on the 1929 Ford, 1970 Karmann Ghia, 2001 Dakota and the 2011 T & C. He said, "don't you have anything newer?"
You can't hide from them. They aren't always calling YOUR number. The computer just dials numbers until you answer.
If you have no children or grandchildren wandering the world I guess you can NOT answer your phone, but the ANSWER is to pressure your US Representative to get it stopped. I'll guarantee you that if the PHONE company President were fined for every bogus call you received they would miraculously find an answer QUICK.
Ted Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 08:14 PM   #22
dankurth

I kept getting calls from a guy named Connor who said he was calling about my response to his employment website. I always hung up on him until I decided to play along. When he asked what type of job I was looking for I told him I wanted a job killing telemarketers. He hasn't called back.
dankurth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 08:35 PM   #23
Model A Ron

I love when they call for a warranty. I generally tell them I have an old Mercedes diesel with 500k and the engine is about to go so its a good thing you called. Even asked to talk to a supervisor once when they told me I could not be covered......sad part is they keep calling me lol

Ron
Model A Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 10:01 PM   #24
Hitman

You guys have more time than I do. I just don’t answer if I don’t recognize the number. That’s what voicemail I’d for.
Hitman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 06:09 AM   #25
Synchro909

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Duke View Post
I once went along with the caller from the "warranty" company. Tried to get coverage on the 1929 Ford, 1970 Karmann Ghia, 2001 Dakota and the 2011 T & C. He said, "don't you have anything newer?"
You can't hide from them. They aren't always calling YOUR number. The computer just dials numbers until you answer.
If you have no children or grandchildren wandering the world I guess you can NOT answer your phone, but the ANSWER is to pressure your US Representative to get it stopped. I'll guarantee you that if the PHONE company President were fined for every bogus call you received they would miraculously find an answer QUICK.
We have a "Do not call" register. Once you register your number, it is illegal for telemarketers to ring. Yes, they are followed up and perpetrators fined. Silent numbers are automatically included so I figure it is worth the few extra $ to have a silent number for that reason alone. Pity it doesn't extend to mobile numbers.
It is very rare that I get a nuisance call.
Old 03-01-2021, 04:57 PM   #26
shew01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synchro909 View Post
We have a "Do not call" register. Once you register your number, it is illegal for telemarketers to ring. Yes, they are followed up and perpetrators fined. Silent numbers are automatically included so I figure it is worth the few extra $ to have a silent number for that reason alone. Pity it doesn't extend to mobile numbers.
It is very rare that I get a nuisance call.

Our “Do not Call” Register is a joke. I’ve been signed up for years, and I still get a ton of these worthless calls. :-(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
shew01 is offline   Reply With Quote