Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 08-08-2019, 07:44 PM   #1
Brewsterbuff

Default 1934 Ford 3 Window Coupe

I HAD TO POST THIS CORRECTION! I have been playing with Ts, As, and Early V-8s ever since I turned 16 in 1953, including restorations for friends on several cars, one on a '36 Trunkback Convertible Sedan. Also, three of the 1934 Brewster cars in my Avatar are ours. I DO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE!

MY ERROR! I proof read that entry many times but missed the fact that I said it was a '36. Guess I only read the message and not the title. HISTORY: A life long buddy of mine, from 1st grade on, went to Cornell University in 1956. He bought this car while there in Binghamton, NY, probably in 1956. He quickly got talked out of it and sold to to another buddy, who later married my sister. I took PA title to it on June 26,1958 and stored it in a rented building in the suburban Philadelphia area until I took a job with VW in York PA, bought a small farm property, got married, moved all of my cars from Phila. to York, and put this in the back of the barn. (We moved 17 cars in the month before we got married) It sat there, in my barn from mid 1963 until Saturday, August 3, 2019 when we moved it to the garage/shop. It does have all of the original steel fenders and running boards, original gas tank cover, original spare carrier and spare tire cover, correct 17" wire wheels, and original correct headlights. By Sunday afternoon we had it checked out and running, sounded pretty good, didn't overheat. I hope to take it to Hershey in the HPOF class, AS IT SITS, DIRT AND ALL! Must try to get it all back together and dependable enough to DRIVE it onto the show field. If you go to Hershey look us up in the Orange Flea Market field spaces OAG 29-32, near light pole 122, listed in the directory under Brewsters.

I would like to hear from anyone who has an original interior in reasonably decent condition, maybe one taken out of a street rod project. Soon after it went into the barn a racoon thought it would be a good home. BAD!
Brewsterbuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 08:14 PM   #2
Tinker

Default Re: 1934 Ford 3 Window Coupe

Not related but my 36 has no interior other then seats redone in the 60s and have been running it for 4yrs.

Always a head turner and an occasional interior card offered.

Good luck at Hershey.

Tinker is offline   Reply With Quote