Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 03-03-2018, 12:39 PM   #21
34pickup

Default Re: Macs

Complaints about Macs shipping overcharges show up so frequently that maybe there should be a sticky thread on it so new ones won't keep popping up......☺
Matt 24:36-41
34pickup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 01:39 PM   #22
Russ/40

I can't help but wonder, about their products. Complaints always seem to be shipping related. I can repeat that claim. There shipping policy is horrible. Been a while since I ordered anything from them. Do they sell pretty much the same stuff everyone else does, or are there a lot more Chinese products sold by them than by the other vendors. This is really important when considering complex hard products like steering worms, bearings suspension products etc?
Russ/40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 03:26 PM   #23
JSeery
Member Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by 34pickup View Post
Complaints about Macs shipping overcharges show up so frequently that maybe there should be a sticky thread on it so new ones won't keep popping up......☺
That and about 20 other topics!
JSeery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 03:58 PM   #24
billbob412

A couple of years ago i ordered a muffler for my 36 Ford when it came it had the inlet and outlet in the wrong place. no way to make it fit.I called and explained the problem,their respond was well, thats the one that we sell for that car.I said well you shouldn't because it doesn't fit and your going to get them all back! That was my last dealing with them.
billbob412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 10:55 PM   #25
JRHASZARD

Shipping wasn't the drift of my superfluous (yawn) post. I know about shipping as I retired as a DC-8 Captain at Airborne Express. What I meant to convey was the fact that the PRICES for the parts were MUCH higher than listed in the brand new 2018 catalogue I had received just two days prior. The parts weren't very big, some transmission shafts, bushings, seals, stuff like that.
I'll be careful not to cause any more consternation in the future and will look both ways, etc, etc,
Over and out
JRHASZARD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 11:12 PM   #26
1937sedandelivery

And I herald Joe's Antiques for being a top notch company, with quick and fair shipping prices...plus their staff, Cheryl and Carla are soooo enjoyable to talk with when ordering parts. Joe has never let me down.
gregg
1937sedandelivery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 11:44 PM   #27
V8COOPMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRHASZARD View Post
Shipping wasn't the drift of my superfluous (yawn) post. I know about shipping as I retired as a DC-8 Captain at Airborne Express. What I meant to convey was the fact that the PRICES for the parts were MUCH higher than listed in the brand new 2018 catalogue I had received just two days prior. The parts weren't very big, some transmission shafts, bushings, seals, stuff like that.
I'll be careful not to cause any more consternation in the future and will look both ways, etc, etc,
Over and out
Suffice it to say that there ain't much in the way of "good will for the customer" that they can legitimately brag about from over that way.

You possibly rounding-up some T5 pieces? Heard told me you stopped-by Florida to look at his T5 adapted to the torque tube recently. By the way, I ground-handled many a NATIONAL and UNITED DC-8 back in the late '60s and early '70s.....beautiful airplane, and the last of Donald D's "real" airplanes. DD

'35-'36 W/8BA & MECHANICAL FAN

T5 W/TORQUE TUBE
V8COOPMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 12:09 AM   #28
50fordcoupeman

I just threw my MACS catalog away!!
50fordcoupeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 12:17 AM   #29
cas3

amazon gets a deal from the govt. he gets rich, we chip in on every ones shipping
cas3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 12:25 AM   #30
Tinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50fordcoupeman View Post
I just threw my MACS catalog away!!
Man I get so many of those from the yrs of cars I don't have any more. Thought about calling them and canceling all but one. Just one to look at for the yrs i have 36/38.

Someone told me from experience that it cost more to take you off the list then it is to just send the catalog. Probably not setup to do that. They make decent campfire starters.

bummed when my last joblot catalog came. different story though.

Last edited by Tinker; 03-04-2018 at 12:43 AM.
Tinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 01:09 AM   #31
cas3

my wife signed me up to facebook without my consent, 8 years ago. never logged in, still get emails from them to update my account. i have written them, i have no account, dont want no account, get me off your list...but it still comes. i suppose zuckerberge is making more money from my name on his list, even though i am not there. once they have your name, you are there
cas3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 11:59 AM   #32
Crankster

Received the Truck catalog for over 20 years. Last year got an Edsel or car catalog. Threw one away this year too. I don't have an Edsel. Since they did use Y blocks in the cars for a while, it was interesting to see some of the period Y block car parts, from another angle. And I've been looking for the hard line distributor tube with those funky fittings...

No Truck catalog this year, I guess. Oh well. Another stunt they pull, is to raise prices a few days before they have a big "10% Off Sale!"; shipping charges are too high. So a $4 part is now a $7 part, marked down 10%. Got no use for them.
Crankster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 08:30 PM   #33
HDowse

Just a follow up on the comments on Joe's in Mass. I needed a roll of windshield bedding tape for a non-Ford project but knew Joe carried what I wanted so I called, talked to Sheryl who took the time to check to see if the roll could go 1st class parcel. She wanted to be sure two day delivery was OK with me since USPS Priority is one day to here in southern NH. I have never had anything but top service with a smile from them. Can't wait to see Joe and the crew at Fitchburg in the spring.
HDowse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 06:38 AM   #34
dwick01

I couldn't see where Joe's shipping prices were any cheaper. Started to order some rubber bushings from them until I saw the standard shipping price, which if I remember correctly, was $9.99. Maybe I missed something on their catalog.
dwick01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 09:54 AM   #35
Otterby

It would be much easier to stomach the shipping costs if the majority of their parts weren't complete junk.
Otterby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 11:13 AM   #36
51504bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwick01 View Post
I couldn't see where Joe's shipping prices were any cheaper. Started to order some rubber bushings from them until I saw the standard shipping price, which if I remember correctly, was $9.99. Maybe I missed something on their catalog.
Suggest you call and ask about shipping. My experience is that the costs charged are less than what you might expect per the catalogue. I may have mentioned this before but there was a miscommunication about some door strikers and only one set was shipped with my last order. I called to reorder the second set and Joe's shipped them at no charge and said they would hold the ticket and include the cost of the strikers on my next order whenever that might be. Would Mac's do that? JMO
Old 03-05-2018, 11:17 AM   #37
Tim Ayers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ct1932ford View Post
Try Joe's in MA. Much better service etc.
Joe's is one of the best for Ford parts.
Tim Ayers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 12:48 PM   #38
johncusano

Yes Joes Antique in Mass. very nice!
johncusano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 03:02 PM   #39
Bent-8

Quote:
"BUT" - when my work is completed and ready to send back to their customer, I use Ecklers shipper numbers (such as UPS...) and when the total comes up on the screen, Ecklers gets an immediate 25% to 40% discount on their shipping rates
that they are charging their customers FULL PRICE ! ! !
I worked in the small parcel shipping industry for 20+ years. Sadly, most all companies with a large shipping volume have this figured out. UPS and FedEx negotiate rates based on volume. Businesses often bounce back and forth between the two, going with whichever gives the best deal at the time. It's not uncommon for the discounts to be even larger. I've seen up to 75%!!! Do they pass that savings on you, the customer? Most times not! Its called GREED! Don't do business with big companies that charge high shipping rates. They are robbing you blind.

Mom and Pop business simply can't compete with this because they don't have nearly the same leverage with the shipping companies. Many small businesses have to rely on actual customer service to stay in business. Most do a good job. Do us all a favor, and go with the little guy when you have a choice.
Bent-8 is offline   Reply With Quote