Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 09-13-2020, 06:10 PM   #1
meric42

Default Shout out to Kube and 35fordtn

Those of you that have seen my posts may have noticed that for quite some time I have been searching for the illusive unobtainium i.e. an 01A-1453 spare hold-down bracket for each of my two '42 Sedan delivery's.

Early Saturday morning (New Zealand time) I woke and checked my phone to find a PM (via the Ford Barn) from Kube, as well as an email from eBay, alerting me to a recent listing (by Michael Driskel) of a NOS piece of the aforementioned unobtainium. I hit the buy now option without hesitation.

I would like to publicly thank both Kube for remembering my search and Michael for listing the item at what I can only describe as a very fair and reasonable price.

Below are pictures of the NOS part from Michael and my attempt at a copy based on photos I found, using a reproduction convertible part as a start point.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg eBay 09 2020.jpg (19.7 KB, 111 views)
File Type: jpg Spare Bracket 04 new sm.jpg (20.5 KB, 475 views)

Gotta love my '42 Sedan Delivery's - Now that I own the only two in New Zealand

http://www.fordbarn.com/forum/album.php?albumid=580
meric42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 07:16 PM   #2
RKS.PA

Default Re: Shout out to Kube and 35fordtn

Mike (Kube) , Michael, and The Ford Barn Rule!!
RKS.PA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 07:32 PM   #3
35fordtn

Meric,
I’m glad mike caught your need! As I must have missed it as We’ve had that bracket for quite sometime. It’s always nice seeing needed parts find way to a good home.
35fordtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 08:15 PM   #4
VeryTangled

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35fordtn View Post
It’s always nice seeing needed parts find way to a good home.
Michael, Jane and Company are the kind of folks who smile when the connection between have and need are completed.

Kube is a great person, spouse, and asset to those on the hunt for unobtanium like '42 SD essentials.

Have you thought about supporting the Early Ford V-8 Foundation Museum?

Last edited by VeryTangled; 09-13-2020 at 08:28 PM.
VeryTangled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 04:16 AM   #5
mercman from oz

That is one very different part. Glad that you finally found one of these elusive spare wheel hold down brackets.
mercman from oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 08:23 PM   #6
Kube

Quote:
Originally Posted by meric42 View Post
Those of you that have seen my posts may have noticed that for quite some time I have been searching for the illusive unobtainium i.e. an 01A-1453 spare hold-down bracket for each of my two '42 Sedan delivery's.

Early Saturday morning (New Zealand time) I woke and checked my phone to find a PM (via the Ford Barn) from Kube, as well as an email from eBay, alerting me to a recent listing (by Michael Driskel) of a NOS piece of the aforementioned unobtainium. I hit the buy now option without hesitation.

I would like to publicly thank both Kube for remembering my search and Michael for listing the item at what I can only describe as a very fair and reasonable price.

Below are pictures of the NOS part from Michael and my attempt at a copy based on photos I found, using a reproduction convertible part as a start point.
Very kind of you but certainly not necessary to thank me. Lord knows the countless amount of time I've searched for some elusive part. It's quite rewarding to match a part with a good guy (you) that needs it.
I've long had a special place for you guys in new Zealand and Australia. I can only imagine how difficult it is to restore a car in your countries.
So, what else ya need?
Old 09-18-2020, 08:17 AM   #7
Scott52

Don't forget, the thrill of the chase is half the fun. I love going to swap meets. But when the vehicle is done and I don't need anything, walking around the meet just isn't the same. I now have a list of spares I don't really need but gives me something to look for. I haven't been to a swap meet since I got the 52 Ford earlier this year. Ebay has been my swap meet. Can't wait to go again without the nagging feeling that it's not safe enough.
Scott52 is offline   Reply With Quote