Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 05-23-2021, 09:23 AM   #21
flatford8

Default Re: More New Sheetmetal Products for Pickups

Does anybody have ‘37 wiper covers he can use as a pattern? ..... thanks,...... Mark
Billy Joe Shaver
flatford8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2021, 09:39 PM   #22
Talkwrench

I dont need the parts but sure glad youre making them...
Old 05-24-2021, 06:33 PM   #23
OldGold360

I suppose I should offer these bed floor dimples around the bed mounting bolts. All too often I have seen rust forming around these areas of the bed floor. I made tooling to stamp these out to repair my bed floor and can easily stamp more if anyone is in need.
OldGold360 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 09:11 PM   #24
MotleyCrue1435

Nice !!
MotleyCrue1435 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2022, 03:01 PM   #25
OldGold360

I forgot that I started this post. I am continuing to make products for 35-37 Pickups that aren’t currently offered. I only started doing this because of the need for these pieces on my own 36 P/U that I am restoring and figured I might as well offer them to others in need. I will update this thread with the new pieces I’m offering as they become available. Feel free to make recommendations on what you guys need and there is a chance it’s on the list of items I’ll be making. The most recent is piece I’ve produced is the crank hole repair piece for the 35/36 pickups. Next will most likely be fender repair pieces as well as running board patch panels. Thanks to all those who have purchased these items, and please let me and everyone else know how these products have worked for you. Thanks.
Old 02-13-2022, 05:31 PM   #26
art ebeling

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Those are great. How about some cab corners for the 35/36 pickups? Art
art ebeling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2022, 11:34 PM   #27
OldGold360

Although I can make the cab corners, I don’t think anybody would want to pay what it would cost to make them. Because of their size and shape, stamping dies would be expensive to make, especially since there is a left and a right. I could make them, and I did look at the NOS Northern corners I have to see if there was a practical way for me to do them, but I don’t think I would even come close to breaking even. Hand shaping is the only practical way and it’s not practical to do in volume. I know a lot of the pickup guys need them, I was one of them till I found corners, so I will take another look and see what I can come up with.
Old 02-15-2022, 09:13 PM   #28
v8fordman

How about seat risers for ‘35-‘37’s? Lots of 3/4 and 1 ton cabs could be to converted to pickups.
v8fordman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2022, 01:11 AM   #29
OldGold360

Seat risers are big and I doubt anyone would want to pay for the shipping. Plus the cost to accurately replicate the seat riser in multiples would be expensive to set up. It’s a great idea and you never know. I know of a few guys that need one, including me, but I’ve got a lead on one. I just need to go pick it up from a fellow Barn member.
Old 02-17-2022, 12:38 PM   #30
art ebeling

Would you consider making the lower front patch for the rear fenders where they meet the running board? Concerning those and the rear cab corners, what quanity and price or individual price would make it worth your time and effort? Thank you, Art
Old 02-18-2022, 02:16 AM   #31
OldGold360

I am going to be making some fender repair pieces. Just about finished with tooling for the wheel opening bead. I’ll definitely be making the inner reinforcement piece for the lower front section of the rear fenders. I’ve got a good one from my fender so I will be able to match it perfectly. I’ll see what I can do on the outer portion where it mates to the running board. I do need to play around with cab corners a bit. Ive been asked by others about making some. They would be shaped rather than stamped so I need to figure out how to do it quickly. Im working on lower outside cowl sections now for anybody interested. I will be trying to have these available after this weekend. Thanks
Old 02-18-2022, 08:41 AM   #32
art ebeling

I would be interested in the cowl sections and of course the front of rear fenders and cab corners. Thank you, Art my email is my username @ yahoo.com all one word lower case, trying to avoid spam by listing it this way. I have sent you a private message with more of my contact information.

Last edited by art ebeling; 02-18-2022 at 08:50 AM.
Old 02-20-2022, 03:46 PM   #33
OldGold360

I am considering making the cab corners but unsure what they would cost to make since they will be hand formed, not stamped. I have a good set of corners to pull dimensions from so I at least know they will be accurate.

I am now making the beaded portion of the lower cowl. If anyone is interested in these, either individually or as a pair, just let me know. Fender repair pieces are coming soon. Thanks
Old 02-20-2022, 07:44 PM   #34
OldGold360

Some of the first fender pieces. The smaller one is to repair the typical cracks that develop in the center of the wheel opening on the rear fenders. These beads are nearly identical to the beads on the front fenders and the radius at the center of the wheel opening is the same, so they should work for the fronts as well. These should be available late this week, if not sooner.
Old 02-20-2022, 08:08 PM   #35
Hitman

Awesome job! I don’t need your products as I don’t have a truck of that vintage, but I appreciate your time and effort. You are one reason why the hobby continues!
Hitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2022, 08:15 PM   #36
Lawson Cox

You are gonna sell a whole passel of those things. A much needed piece. I wish I had some when I was restoring my avatar.

It is better to be seen, than viewed.

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm".
Lawson Cox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2022, 08:25 PM   #37
v8fordman

I already make the rear fender inner reinforcement piece. Colton Hardison makes the front lower rear fender patch, the entire rear fender back section as well as a complete wheel opening bead. It would be great if you can do cab corners since they aren’t made anymore. Like someone said…we need parts not competition. Everything fits perfectly.
Old 02-20-2022, 08:41 PM   #38
v8fordman

Here are some pictures of a pair of fenders that should have been thrown away but I decided to take all the reproduction pieces made and save them. The left rear was a stake bed fender that had been crushed from the side I forgot to make a “before” I started beating it roughly into shape picture. The rest of the story is told by the pictures.
Old 02-21-2022, 01:05 PM   #39
OldGold360

I have known Colton for nearly 20 years. He is a great guy, excellent metalshaper and I consider him a friend. I was just speaking with him about these fender pieces and I knew he made complete fenders but never realized he offered sections of the same rear fender for sale. Anybody that needs these pieces should contact him. As far as the rear fender to running board reinforcement plate, thanks for the pictures. I was not aware that anybody was making these. However, the good one on my fender looks different than yours. Is yours an exact copy of an original? The good original on my fender has different bends, the bead extends further out, the lower bent flange isn't as long and they are made from two pieces of sheetmetal, stacked together and spot welded. The ones I have made are laser cut and they have the correct hole for fender mounting as well as the 3 square holes for running board mounting. I agree that we should not try to go out of our way to compete with each other on this site, but does this still apply if we offer a product that is another variation of a part but does the same thing, especially if it is an exact replica of an original part? I have already made 3 pairs, laser cut and formed. I need a pair for my pickup so that leaves me with 2 pairs. If you would like me to refrain from selling them, no problem, or if you don't think I should produce any more. I am not trying to step on anybody's toes and certainly don't want to make any enemies. I am just trying to offer parts for these pickups that I didn't think were available, especially since I already had to make these same pieces for my pickup that I am restoring. If knowing I was going to only make these parts for my pickup and did not get requests from others to make extras, I would not have invested as much in tooling to make multiples.

Last edited by OldGold360; 02-21-2022 at 02:57 PM.
Old 02-21-2022, 03:53 PM   #40
GB SISSON

Quote:
Originally Posted by v8fordman View Post
Here are some pictures of a pair of fenders that should have been thrown away but I decided to take all the reproduction pieces made and save them. The left rear was a stake bed fender that had been crushed from the side I forgot to make a “before” I started beating it roughly into shape picture. The rest of the story is told by the pictures.
Quite apparant that this is not your first rodeo. Those came out really nice.
Owner/Operator of 'Jailbar Ranch' on the side of Mt. Pickett. Current stable consists of 1946 1/2 ton pickup turned woodie wagon with FH V8, 1947 Tonner Pickup (red) mostly stock with exception of a cummins 6at turbo diesel, 1946 Tonner Pickup (green) with 226 cu in 6 cyl flathead, 1979 Toyota landcruiser wagon, completely encased in 1947 Ford Jailbar sheet metal. Ok, cornbinder rear fenders..... 'Rusty ol' floorboards, hot on their feet' (Alan Jackson)
GB SISSON is offline   Reply With Quote