Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 01-12-2021, 02:11 PM   #1
hardtimes

Default Hagerty insurance ?

Any of you guys insure your cars with Hagerty ((?) ?
I've been with AAA for 50 some years.
I don't know what has changed, but they seem to not want my old car business these days....!!

Wondering how Hagerty works for OLD car insurance ?
Thanks for any/all helpful info.

How about Grundy (?) sp....

Last edited by hardtimes; 01-12-2021 at 02:14 PM. Reason: ............
hardtimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 02:17 PM   #2
ct1932ford

Default Re: Hagerty insurance ?

I had a small company for years, now they changed my policy to Hagerty. No issues but then I have had no problems either. I hear they are good and understand the hobby.
Old 01-12-2021, 02:17 PM   #3
19Fordy

Read thru these threads obtained via a SEARCH. Might be helpful. You can zip over to HAMB and do the same.
https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/searc...rchid=20109310
19Fordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 02:17 PM   #4
TJ

I have Grundy, but have friends who have Hagerty. Comparing notes when it comes to having a claim both companies respond very well and take care of the policy holder. I think you will find as I did that they will also save you money on the premiums. I cut my premiums in half from State Farm who used to carry my old Fords.
TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 02:36 PM   #5
V8ER

I started with J. C. Taylor, went to Grundy when the premiums went up, went to Hagerty when the premiums went up. Hagerty is the best. You set your vehicle values.
V8ER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 03:28 PM   #6
Tony, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ View Post
I have Grundy, but have friends who have Hagerty. Comparing notes when it comes to having a claim both companies respond very well and take care of the policy holder. I think you will find as I did that they will also save you money on the premiums. I cut my premiums in half from State Farm who used to carry my old Fords.
It's been my experience that the big ins. companies become the middle man and have a smaller classic car ins co. do the insuring. Therefore more expensive.
Tony, NY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 04:56 PM   #7
oldford2

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardtimes View Post
Any of you guys insure your cars with Hagerty ((?) ?
I've been with AAA for 50 some years.
I don't know what has changed, but they seem to not want my old car business these days....!!

Wondering how Hagerty works for OLD car insurance ?
Thanks for any/all helpful info.

How about Grundy (?) sp....
I have been with J C Taylor for my old cars for 30 years. I hit my fence pulling my 46 out of the shop and the rear suicide door opened and caught and bent back. Sickening. I submitted a claim to J C Taylor. They have Foremost do their claim work. I submitted pictures and an estimate from a licensed repair shop. The adjuster called me and asked if based on the damage was that enough to cover the damage. I said it should do and shortly after got a check for the repairs.
Great service and I am happy.
John
oldford2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 05:44 PM   #8
Hal Beatty

I've had Hagerty for over 20 years; reasonable premiums and have been good to work with, though I've never had to make a claim.

A friend has also had Hagerty for years and has made at least two claims; they've always treated him well and paid promptly.
Hal Beatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 05:50 PM   #9
1948F-1Pickup

Don't have Hagerty, but it's a very popular choice with the vintage Mustang folks.
My '48 is still with USAA but I will probably be moving it over to Condon Skelly, who insures another one of my vehicles. CS does a agreed value policy and underwrites using a couple of providers, the main one being Ironshore Indemnity.
I was a insurance auto damage appraiser right out of college, so I scrutinized Condon Skelly pretty closely.
1948F-1Pickup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 06:00 PM   #10
BobR35

I've been with State Farm since '68 and just recently insured my newly purchased '35 with them. They asked me what my insured value was and they then wanted pictures. Everything very smooth and the insurance cost is less than my motorcycle! I've checked other places as well and decided to stick with SF. I believe in keeping the insurance companies honest about every two years and always check at least two sources. Happy hunting!
BobR35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 07:05 PM   #11
Marcus

Hardtimes - Count me strongly in the Hagerty arena; all the above favorable comments, plus something that I have never heard of with other insurers (and I have USAA on my daily drivers): Hagerty now has Cherished Salvage Coverage. In my case, (and just as an example because I have 6 hot rods and antiques insured by them), the additional coverage was $16 per year on a $30k Mustang. What this means in simple terms, is that if the car is totaled, Hagerty writes a check for the agreed upon value, PLUS I keep the car - mine to do with as I please.
I am not an agent for Hagerty, nor have any vested interest - but these policy perks put Hagerty way out in front, for me.
Y'all stay safe!
Old 01-12-2021, 07:16 PM   #12
DavidG

There seems to be a basic misunderstanding about the roles Hagerty and J.C.Taylor play in this process. Neither of them is an insurance company, they are insurance agents and your underlying insurer is a behind-the-scence insurance company, not the insurance agent. They are your interface and act on your behalf, but do not actually insure your vehicle, nor do they have the financial assets to do so.
DavidG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 07:21 PM   #13
Jeff/Illinois

I've had Hagerty for a number of years, and had Grundy before that.

Both good companies no problems. Good folks nice customer reps. Friendly and helpful.
Jeff/Illinois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 07:25 PM   #14
swedishsteel

Have had Hagerty for over 15 years. You set the value of your car. Reasonable rates that didn't go up after two claims, one pretty substantial: wind storm and big oak tree fell on '78 Bronco, total loss. The other, a deer hit the driver side of my '36 coupe. They sent adjuster quickly and paid quickly. Plus, they send me a birthday card!!! Cheers, Rod
swedishsteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 07:37 PM   #15
Cobra Joe

Hagerty on both my vehicles, small claims, but very happy with response and service.
Old 01-12-2021, 07:44 PM   #16
tubman

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1948F-1Pickup View Post
Don't have Hagerty, but it's a very popular choice with the vintage Mustang folks.
My '48 is still with USAA but I will probably be moving it over to Condon Skelly, who insures another one of my vehicles. CS does a agreed value policy and underwrites using a couple of providers, the main one being Ironshore Indemnity.
I was a insurance auto damage appraiser right out of college, so I scrutinized Condon Skelly pretty closely.
I'd be careful with Condon & Skelly right now. I have had them for over 30 years, and my last communication with them is that they are no longer associated with "Ironshore Indemnity Inc.". Included in the renewal packet I got from them was "Notice of Non-Renewal of Insurance from Ironshore indemnity" They will allow me to renew the policy, but they are no longer associated with Ironshore Indemnity.

I'm in the process of looking into this situation. I think there may be something going on in the old car insurance business these days.
tubman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 08:11 PM   #17
!!!RIOT!!!

Hagerty here too. I've never filed a claim with them but the onboarding was quick and easy and the service has been great.
!!!RIOT!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 08:23 PM   #18
Blindhuckster

I'm with ROB35. I've used State Farm for years for my two classic cars. 37 Ford and a 69 Camaro SS. Both have Stated Values of $30,000 and $40,000 and run about $220.00 each a year. Never had a claim, so not sure how smooth that would go. Have several friends with multiple classic cars insured with State Farm. Check and see if it would work for you. Nate Anello
Blindhuckster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 08:36 PM   #19
Vics Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldford2 View Post
I have been with J C Taylor for my old cars for 30 years. I hit my fence pulling my 46 out of the shop and the rear suicide door opened and caught and bent back. Sickening. I submitted a claim to J C Taylor. They have Foremost do their claim work. I submitted pictures and an estimate from a licensed repair shop. The adjuster called me and asked if based on the damage was that enough to cover the damage. I said it should do and shortly after got a check for the repairs.
Great service and I am happy.
John
I have had JC Taylor for over 40 years . Only one claim and they were honest , real fair about my claim and getting my car fixed without any hastles.
Vic
Vics Stuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 09:16 PM   #20
1948F-1Pickup

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubman View Post
I'd be careful with Condon & Skelly right now. I have had them for over 30 years, and my last communication with them is that they are no longer associated with "Ironshore Indemnity Inc.". Included in the renewal packet I got from them was "Notice of Non-Renewal of Insurance from Ironshore indemnity" They will allow me to renew the policy, but they are no longer associated with Ironshore Indemnity.

I'm in the process of looking into this situation. I think there may be something going on in the old car insurance business these days.
That's news to me. I'll check into it.
My current policy period is August 2020 to August 2021. Ironshore Indemnity is at the top of the declarations page....
Old 01-12-2021, 09:49 PM   #21
petehoovie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidG View Post
There seems to be a basic misunderstanding about the roles Hagerty and J.C.Taylor play in this process. Neither of them is an insurance company, they are insurance agents and your underlying insurer is a behind-the-scence insurance company, not the insurance agent. They are your interface and act on your behalf, but do not actually insure your vehicle, nor do they have the financial assets to do so.

This is true. I'm with Grundy but I'm billed by PHILADELPHIA INSURANCE COMPANIES....

"Silver rings, your butt! Them's washers!"
"We shot our way out of that town for a dollar's worth of steel holes!" - from 'The Wild Bunch' - 1969

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NReUd2_0u0
petehoovie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 10:20 PM   #22
tubman

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1948F-1Pickup View Post
That's news to me. I'll check into it.
My current policy period is August 2020 to August 2021. Ironshore Indemnity is at the top of the declarations page....
My current policy runs 3/1/2020 through 2/28/2021.
tubman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 10:50 PM   #23
Big Red 51

Have had Hagerty for several cars for 20 years. Great rates and great to work with. Had a vehicle damaged in transit on a popular enclosed transport.

Transport was difficult to work with. During the process I called Hagerty just to report the incident and that I was working with the transporter.
The next day they had an inspector out to look at the paint damage, asked me to get an estimate from my choice of painters. I had the check from Hagerty when job was completed. They went after the Transport Company and got them to pay. You can't have better service than that. Good rates.
Don
Big Red 51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 11:02 PM   #24
al's28/33

Hagerty.
al's28/33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 11:02 PM   #25
fordor41

I've had Hagerty for about 26 yrs. 3 claims , last was $12K, paid quick, no limits on mileage, great service
fordor41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 11:36 PM   #26
GB SISSON

I have 3 on Hagerty. About 100 bucks a year each. Not real high dollar cars though, but good liability coverage is the most important to me. I like the agreed value and rates, but I LOVE their magazine.
Owner/Operator of 'Jailbar Ranch' on the side of Mt. Pickett. Current stable consists of 1946 1/2 ton pickup turned woodie wagon with FH V8, 1947 Tonner Pickup (red) mostly stock with exception of a cummins 6at turbo diesel, 1946 Tonner Pickup (green) with 226 cu in 6 cyl flathead, 1979 Toyota landcruiser wagon, completely encased in 1947 Ford Jailbar sheet metal. Ok, cornbinder rear fenders..... 'Rusty ol' floorboards, hot on their feet' (Alan Jackson)
GB SISSON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 12:39 AM   #27
hardtimes

You guys are the BEST, and always come thru with details and facts...I thank each and all of you !!
Ive never had to submit a claim. Ive always driven what I could afford... some real heaps...old school with gray primer paint jobs. Mainly built from cast off stuff. My better half says... insurance is important...lol
She will read every word of your help !
Thanks again.

BTW...I too have feeling...things are changing.
hardtimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 08:00 AM   #28
mfirth

Have used Hagerty and it was fine. I have everything; home, late models with Auto Owners. 3 years ago my agent got my 52 Vicky with Owners for less $$ and equal coverage. May pay to check with your agent.
mfirth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 08:12 AM   #29
corvette8n

I have had Hagerty for 3 years, it was easy to sign up, half of the procedure was done with a phone call and the other half online, plus their magazine they send bi-monthly is cool.
corvette8n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 09:39 AM   #30
1931 flamingo

Hagerty here also, about 15 yrs, 1st on the Model A and now on the 40. NO claims and I think reasonable (cheap) compared to daily driver.
Paul in CT
1931 flamingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 10:24 AM   #31
rockfla

NOW for the aspect of this insurance (Especially for Multi-Car policies) that is "Going" to happen. We have Hagerty on a "Multi-Car" policy. We were trailer-ing a car to the West Coast and were involved in an Accident (not involving the trailer or car) with our truck and trailer. The "other" party involved in the accident filed a law suit, included Hagerty in the suit (of which they had NO fiscal responsibility) BUT Hagerty did share a complete listing and value of every car on the "multi car" policy with the "opposing" attorney!!! SO be prepared!!! That action "amended" the litigation amount "QUITE" substantially!!!
rockfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 10:33 AM   #32
Keith R

I've had Hagerty for a few years with no issues.
Keith R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 01:38 PM   #33
47Monarch

Hagarty is a good choice. They specialize in antique car insurance. You state the value they tell you the cost it's a negotiated insurance for your car not blue book value.
47Monarch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 09:47 AM   #34
Automotive Stud

I've had Hagerty for almost twenty years. They were the only ones that would insure an antique car with a driver under 25 at the time, which is why I got them. I've got five cars on my policy at the moment. The price is great and fortunately I've only had one small claim but it was no problem. I have a friend who has them also, he made out pretty well when someone backed into his car in a parking lot also.
Automotive Stud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 11:32 AM   #35
Bill's Auto Works

I am starting the process of going with Hagerty for 4 vehicles. I have an agreed value policy ($40K)with a (normal car type company) on my XLR-V & am paying twice what I would through Hagerty. The only reason I hadn't done this sooner is 2 of the others were not as far along as they are now & (normal type company) handles my everyday cars/house/shop

God Bless
Bill
https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/...closed.614419/

1955 Chevy Altered W.B. Gasser
1955 Nash Amb. Cust. Lemans
1957 Pontiac Chieftain 2 DR HT
1964 Pontiac Grand Prix 2 DR HT
1966 Pontiac Catalina Conv
1966 AMC Ambassador DPL 2 DR HT
1966 AMC Ambassador Cust 2DR HT
1967 AMC Marlin
1967 Toronado
1973 Chevy Nova Full Chassis Car
1992 Jag XJS Conv
1992 Jag XJS 2 DR Coupe
2007 Cadillac XLR-V Supercharged Roadster
Bill's Auto Works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 11:03 AM   #36
CaliforniaBorn36

Old/vintage cars are insured with Hagerty.

But interestingly, was with AAA for over 40 years. This year got my declaration and they had decided to substantially increase rates one one of my existing cars, (modern). When I called them to ask why, they said they re-evaluated all of their policies and had decided that car was higher risk. They have insured this very car and same drivers for over 4 years? They referred my case, (supposedly), to a higher manager, but never called back. Moved modern cars to State Farm and realized a substantial savings.
CaliforniaBorn36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 07:54 PM   #37
Heard

I actually have both Haggerty and Grundy. One is for my '36 which I drive. The other is for the '35 pickup which is a project. One or the other would not insure a 'non-road worthy/non-running' vehicle, but I can't remember which company that is right now and I can't look it up at the moment. I wanted my '35 insured because I was skeptical about how well my homeowners would work for something which I think is 'valuable' but they may not in the event of a fire or other disaster.

Of course, as stated above, they all seem good as long as you don't file a claim. Never done that so I can't comment.

Heard
Old 01-17-2021, 09:19 PM   #38
ROBERT JAM

Hagerty has had my cars for over 20 years!! Never a problem with them, easy to work with when changing cars or coverages. Tops in my book
ROBERT JAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 10:27 PM   #39
Hitman

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockfla View Post
NOW for the aspect of this insurance (Especially for Multi-Car policies) that is "Going" to happen. We have Hagerty on a "Multi-Car" policy. We were trailer-ing a car to the West Coast and were involved in an Accident (not involving the trailer or car) with our truck and trailer. The "other" party involved in the accident filed a law suit, included Hagerty in the suit (of which they had NO fiscal responsibility) BUT Hagerty did share a complete listing and value of every car on the "multi car" policy with the "opposing" attorney!!! SO be prepared!!! That action "amended" the litigation amount "QUITE" substantially!!!
Nothing unusual here. I’m sure others were named in the suit that you haven’t mentioned. Typical lawsuit, name anyone and everyone attached, they’re just figuring out who is going to pay. Hagerty was required to disclose your info through a request or deposition.

In this situation, any insurer would be required to do this.
Hitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 08:49 AM   #40
AnthonyG

Didn’t read all the reply’s but as Tubman indicates things r changing @ C&S! I’m switching to Hagerty’s in the spring 4 POM. I have 4 insured w Condon & Skelly 4 10 yrs. not bad price but very restrictive on usage now w changes concerned! Got a Buddy w Haggerty says their great as long as u don’t go over mileage u set they don’t set many usage restrictions & pricing seems about the same when I got a quote. Anyone else w knowledge / experience on how restrictive w ‘when u can drive’ or not w Hagerty!

Last edited by AnthonyG; 01-18-2021 at 09:07 AM.
AnthonyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 09:35 AM   #41
joe 1950

I’ve had Hagerty for about 23 years ,had a couple small claims under a thousand ,excellent service ,e-mail est.and checks in the mail ,also like you can set your values ,premium rates have been inline with the times ,no complaints
joe 1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 02:33 PM   #42
backrodebob

I’ve had American Collectors for a long time, put in a claim for a 48 Chevy I had at the time. They sent out an independent appraiser and within a couple of weeks had a check for repairs.
backrodebob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 09:22 AM   #43
D-Russ

I've had Hagerty for years and have been very happy with them. I set my vehicle's value and pay accordingly.
Old 01-25-2021, 09:45 PM   #44
cajunfirehawk

We have 4 "collector cars" insured w/Hagerty, oldest is 1936, newest is 2004, for all 4 we pay about $1k a year for full agreed upon value coverage. YMMV

1936 FORD Tudor Slantback

"cajunhotrodder" on instagram/youtube
cajunfirehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 11:18 PM   #45
ironandsteele

I currently have 5 cars and a trailer insured with Hagerty. One of the cars is a non-op project. They are always very easy to get ahold of and work with. Always have the answers to my questions and rates are very reasonable in my opinion.

I wrote about my experience and feelings about Hagerty on my website. It can be found here: https://ironandsteele.com/blogs/news...erty-insurance
Old 01-26-2021, 01:17 PM   #46
russcc

DavidG had a point that we should all understand. Hagery,Taylor or Grundy are simply special insurance agents that focus on vintage vehicles, and they could use the same insurance company. Grundy uses Philadelphia Indemnity for example. Another important point here is; shop around between them every couple years to keep them honest, and see if someone is offering a lower rate or some other benefit. Familiarity breeds contempt. I have been in the Risk Management field at the fringe of the insurance industry for years, and most insurance is waste of money if you can manage your own risk. How do you replace an original '34 roadster if it is lost. You don't, so insurance money you get for it is useless.
russcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 06:50 AM   #47
tomkc1

Quote:
Originally Posted by russcc View Post
DavidG had a point that we should all understand. Hagery,Taylor or Grundy are simply special insurance agents that focus on vintage vehicles, and they could use the same insurance company. Grundy uses Philadelphia Indemnity for example. Another important point here is; shop around between them every couple years to keep them honest, and see if someone is offering a lower rate or some other benefit. Familiarity breeds contempt. I have been in the Risk Management field at the fringe of the insurance industry for years, and most insurance is waste of money if you can manage your own risk. How do you replace an original '34 roadster if it is lost. You don't, so insurance money you get for it is useless.
It seems like you're suggesting not to insure a '34 roadster with collision. Am I reading that right?
I have Hagerty and at Marcus' suggestion just purchased Cherished Salvage Coverage for an additional $24. I don't expect to ever need either coverages but if I do somehow total my Ford and be able to keep it once the insurance pays off seems like a no brainer to me. It like almost getting paid twice. No?
Tom
tomkc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 11:35 PM   #48
Obsolete Jim

Thumbs up Re: Hagerty insurance ?

Used several insurers years ago. Went to Hagerty about 15 years ago. No regrets!
Great to work with. Knows our needs. Prices VERY reasonable. Had one claim 8 years ago and was quickly and professionally handled to my complete satisfaction. I give 'em a 10.
Old 01-28-2021, 10:04 PM   #49
John R

Quote:
Originally Posted by estrangedcc View Post

I wrote about my experience and feelings about Hagerty on my website. It can be found here: https://ironandsteele.com/blogs/news...erty-insurance

Iron and Steel: your post is well-written and informative. The part about "my guy" was right on. Definitely worth the read. Thanks.
John
Old 01-29-2021, 06:08 PM   #50
ironandsteele

Quote:
Originally Posted by John R View Post
Iron and Steel: your post is well-written and informative. The part about "my guy" was right on. Definitely worth the read. Thanks.
John
I appreciate the feedback/compliment. Thank you for reading it!
Old 01-31-2021, 02:19 PM   #51
1948F-1Pickup

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyG View Post
Didn’t read all the reply’s but as Tubman indicates things r changing @ C&S! I’m switching to Hagerty’s in the spring 4 POM. I have 4 insured w Condon & Skelly 4 10 yrs. not bad price but very restrictive on usage now w changes concerned!
I have an email into them to see exactly what changes are afoot at Condon Skelly.....
Old 02-01-2021, 11:03 AM   #52
1948F-1Pickup

Apparently American Family was the change, according to their email response.
I used to be a vehicle damage appraiser for them at one of their corporate locations. There's a difference between a carrier and an indemnifier. I wasn't aware AmFam was an indemnifier for classic car policies.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Condon Skelly email_.jpg (34.7 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg CS enlargement.jpg (40.4 KB, 17 views)

Last edited by 1948F-1Pickup; 02-01-2021 at 11:08 AM.
Old 02-01-2021, 03:20 PM   #53
yohoc1

Hello, I sell and use Hagerty insurance here in WV, PA & ohio. I really like doing business with them!
yohoc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 10:33 AM   #54
bobsmanstuff

We have had different cars over the years and insure with American Modern. Right now I have a 53 Customline. In the past I had 30 pick up and a 46 chev fleetmaster. The fleetmaster one day rolled backwards in the yard and hit a tree. Thinking it wouldn't be covered I called and it was.
bobsmanstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 06:48 PM   #55
Jeff/Illinois

Quote:
Originally Posted by estrangedcc View Post
I currently have 5 cars and a trailer insured with Hagerty. One of the cars is a non-op project. They are always very easy to get ahold of and work with. Always have the answers to my questions and rates are very reasonable in my opinion.

We have them too, on three antique cars and they are first-rate! And you are correct. Anytime I ever called them they were super nice and helpful.

Good folks, and a great product that they stand behind. I've been with Hagerty a good long while and don't plan on leaving

When you find a good product, supported by good and helpful folks, you have found a home.
Jeff/Illinois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2021, 03:16 PM   #56
Gene F

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ View Post
And when you have a claim with S/F you are not treated "square". Guy in my club is an attorney, and knows it all. Tells us "...my agent..." Yeah right.

Hagerty here.
Gene F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2021, 03:20 PM   #57
Gene F

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomkc1 View Post
It seems like you're suggesting not to insure a '34 roadster with collision. Am I reading that right?
I have Hagerty and at Marcus' suggestion just purchased Cherished Salvage Coverage for an additional $24. I don't expect to ever need either coverages but if I do somehow total my Ford and be able to keep it once the insurance pays off seems like a no brainer to me. It like almost getting paid twice. No?
Tom
Where did you buy that coverage? I mean who sold that to you?
Old 02-13-2021, 03:22 PM   #58
Gene F

Quote:
Originally Posted by russcc View Post
You make an important point. If my car gets stolen I really want my car back in one piece. I'll never find another one all fixed up the way I want it, with the reliability I require. And the cash is generally not enough to even begin the treasure hunt all over gain.
Old 02-13-2021, 04:23 PM   #59
Aarongriffey

I’ve had JC Taylor 35 years. Four cars insured with them, including an MGB.
We go on a lot of tours with MG clubs so I have both collision and liability on that car.
The cost for insurance on the B is $27 ahead with $3,500 total lose.
I think I have 5,000 total lose coverage on the ‘29 Nash sedan along with liability and only liability on my Model T Nd ‘48 Nash.
The total insurance bill on the four cars is $119 a year!!! And I’m in Taxafornia!
Friends have reported great dealings with Hager’s and Grundy.
I wouldn’t hesitate to insure with any company named above.
It seems like they are all trying to be nicer than the next company.
Aarongriffey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 05:15 PM   #60
Cecil/WV

I was with JC Taylor for many years and switched to Hagerty in 2003 because they would insure our 2001 Mustang. Good service from both.
Cecil/WV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 08:10 AM   #61
49coupe

I have been with Hagerty for years. No issues and pretty happy with them.
49coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 06:39 PM   #62
Gene F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Red 51 View Post
Have had Hagerty for several cars for 20 years. Great rates and great to work with. Had a vehicle damaged in transit on a popular enclosed transport.

Transport was difficult to work with. During the process I called Hagerty just to report the incident and that I was working with the transporter.
The next day they had an inspector out to look at the paint damage, asked me to get an estimate from my choice of painters. I had the check from Hagerty when job was completed. They went after the Transport Company and got them to pay. You can't have better service than that. Good rates.
Don
Service sure counts, don't it!
Old 02-22-2021, 07:37 PM   #63
VeryTangled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene F View Post
You make an important point. If my car gets stolen I really want my car back in one piece. I'll never find another one all fixed up the way I want it, with the reliability I require. And the cash is generally not enough to even begin the treasure hunt all over gain.
But this is what's cool about agreed value also.

If I 'want [my] car back in one piece' sometimes that can't happen. In fact if I use this insurance it's not coming back to me the same pretty baby I remember.

So I ask what wad of cash makes me able to put something in my garage with the fix-ups and reliability that makes me feel as close as possible to my 'car back in one piece?'

That's the number I tell the insurance lady. It's not her fault I gulp when she gives the answer.

Have you thought about supporting the Early Ford V-8 Foundation Museum?
VeryTangled is offline   Reply With Quote