Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 12-19-2020, 12:50 AM   #1
Wooden Shoe

Default Van pelt Sales

Hello new guy here first post

After building several brand X cars I have decided my next project will be a flathead. I ordered 2 books from Vanpelts and after not receiving for 4 weeks I called them and they immediately sent out another order which I received after a few days. I did receive the original order 6 weeks after it was sent which I returned to them. Good people, great customer service. They will be my go to supplier when I need flathead parts.
Wooden Shoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2020, 01:26 AM   #2
JSeery
Member Emeritus

Default Re: Van pelt Sales

There are several outstanding vendors here on the Barn, and Mac is one of them. Always willing to share knowledge and provide honest service!
JSeery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2020, 01:27 AM   #3
J Franklin

Let the fun commence! Thanks for a positive heads up. Oh yeah, welcome.
J Franklin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2020, 09:24 AM   #4
corvette8n

The post office seems to have a hit or miss attitude regarding books, I’ve had a book shipment languish in a Mass. p.o. For two weeks before it made the hundred mile journey to my house. I’m waiting on a singe book shipment that has been at that p.o. for several days.
corvette8n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2020, 09:25 AM   #5
Tim Ayers

Mac & Shelly are top notch!
Tim Ayers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2020, 09:43 AM   #6
51504bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooden Shoe View Post
Hello new guy here first post

After building several brand X cars I have decided my next project will be a flathead. I ordered 2 books from Vanpelts and after not receiving for 4 weeks I called them and they immediately sent out another order which I received after a few days. I did receive the original order 6 weeks after it was sent which I returned to them. Good people, great customer service. They will be my go to supplier when I need flathead parts.

Welcome aboard. A couple of things. 1. Mac of Van Pelt Sales isn't the same as Macs Antique Auto Parts which is owned by Ecklers. 2. There are some very good suppliers out there and everyone has their favorites. As time goes by you'll come up with your own. My go to vendor is Joe's Antique Auto in Uxbridge, MA. After Joe in no particular order I use C&G in Escondido, CA, The Early Ford Store in San Dimas, CA, Red's Headers in Chiraco Summit, CA and Dennis Carpenter in North Carolina. But there are other very good vendors as well as the couple I've referred to.
Old 12-19-2020, 09:46 AM   #7
1931 flamingo

My son in St Louis got our Thanksgiving card last week! ! He's still waiting on the box of Christmas presents my Wife sent about a week and a half ago.
Paul in CT
1931 flamingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2020, 09:51 AM   #8
Tim Ayers

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1931 flamingo View Post
My son in St Louis got our Thanksgiving card last week! ! He's still waiting on the box of Christmas presents my Wife sent about a week and a half ago.
Paul in CT
I keep hearing stories like this, Paul. I guess it's where you live. We have a PO branch near my home in Essex Fells, NJ. We call it Candyland for it looks like a little gingerbread house. The employees are always nice and pleasant.

We use this branch exclusively for, I have no idea why, items get to where they need to go 1-2 days faster when you mail from this branch. Plus, having friendly banter with the employees makes it a pleasure.
Tim Ayers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2020, 10:04 AM   #9
5851a

The Wife ordered a roll of stamps online from USPS on the 9th and notified they were sent on the 11th. Still waiting.
5851a is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2020, 10:07 AM   #10
dono50

Send a message via MSN to dono50

Joe’s antique auto is my “go to vendor” . Been trading there for years, fast service, honest shipping costs, friendly service and an extensive inventory.
dono50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2020, 06:39 PM   #11
geoford41

Joe's is the best, honest, fair prices and tells you if he cannot get something in a reasonable time. My go to guy
geoford41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2020, 07:55 PM   #12
Lawson Cox

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSeery View Post
There are several outstanding vendors here on the Barn, and Mac is one of them. Always willing to share knowledge and provide honest service!
Yes, and Mac has a pretty wife too. (I just couldn't pass up an opportunity like this Shelly. Sorry Mac.) I hope all is well with both of you. I'm gonna get up a list of the transmission parts I have for sale "any day now". LOL. Lawson

It is better to be seen, than viewed.

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm".
Lawson Cox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2020, 08:07 PM   #13
JWL
Member Emeritus

I know a couple of things about a couple of things and Van Pelt is class "A".
JWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2020, 08:25 PM   #14
JSeery
Member Emeritus

AND, Mac provides a ton of information on his site as well as here on the Barn.
JSeery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2020, 08:09 AM   #15
john in illinois

Besides Mac,don't forget 3rd gen automotive. He has a wealth of NOS and other parts.

https://thirdgenauto.com/

John
Old 12-20-2020, 08:49 AM   #16
HD

I do a lot of shipping through the Post Office, you can ship any type of reading material MEDIA MAIL ,it is a lot cheaper than parcel post or first class but it goes lowest priority and takes a lot longer
HD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2020, 09:57 AM   #17
RKS.PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Ayers View Post
Mac & Shelly are top notch!
Absolutely TOP NOTCH!!!....and some of us "older people" here remember that Miss Shelly a.k.a. The Model A Lady, originated the Ford Barn website....for which I am eternally grateful!!
RKS.PA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2020, 10:15 AM   #18
Frank Miller

Brattons, a Model a vendor, issued a statement that they wee suspending USPS shipments because they have been so unreliable as of late. A friend with a mail order business just had to eat 200 in shipping fees because she went to UPS due to customer complaints.
BRATTONS: Due to unsurpassed Holiday shipping volumes now combining with COVID19 volumes, Bratton’s has decided to suspend all USPS domestics shipping options. Bratton’s has always been committed to quality in both our parts and our shipping providers. At this time due to the overwhelming volumes the USPS is unable to meet our expectations on acceptable delivery times. We are now noticing that Priority Mail packages are taking anywhere from 7-21 days to get delivered. This decision was not made lightly as we realize that some smaller orders are better shipped this way, but as a shipper we must make sure the packages get delivered in a timely manner.
Also, during this time FedEx has removed all day definite guarantees from all Next Day Air, 2 Day Air, Express (3day air), and ground services. We have been working closely with FedEx and monitoring the delivery times for our shipments and it seems that some are getting delayed by 1-2 days. Just remember the closer to Christmas and New Year’s we get, the longer it may take to receive your package.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Old 12-20-2020, 10:21 AM   #19
mhsprecher

I got a package from USPS yesterday morning first thing from California, priority mail, that had been mailed four days before. Not two days, as they advertise, but still reasonable given the season.
1939 Deluxe Fordor
1945 pickup
1951 Custom convertible
mhsprecher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2020, 11:16 AM   #20
Pete/Ct.

I use Joe's and Third Gen. Never a problem, rather they are the solution. Would highly reccomend them to all. Also Vic at Reds Headers, solved a problem immediately.
Pete/Ct. is offline   Reply With Quote