Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 05-19-2010, 07:34 PM   #1
av8paul

Default Is Ol Ron still p[laying hard to get.....

I keep waiting for Ron to show up here. Come on Ron, I know you're lurking out there. We want and need your knowlege here on the new barn.

Here's an old picture I took of Ron at York, PA in 2001. He signed his book for me and I darned near wore it out. The re-print is locked away for my grandson, for when he needs it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ron [email protected] (59.8 KB, 155 views)
Old 05-19-2010, 07:58 PM   #2
19Fordy

Default Re: Is Ol Ron still p[laying hard to get.....

We Want Ron. We Want Ron.
We Want Ron. We Want Ron. We Want Ron.
Looking forward to your joining up.
19Fordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 08:40 PM   #3
Sid the Maineiac

Looks like Ron is holding that flattie up with one hand ! Ron,you're the man!! Hope someone is trying to help so you can get on here and post some savvy answers!!
Sid the Maineiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 09:02 PM   #4
4tford

Ron has been having trouble getting on due to his lack of eyesight. Ryan is going to give him a hand. Hope to see him here in a couple of days.
4tford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 09:09 PM   #5
Henry/Kokomo

Ol' Ron is definitely conspicuous by his absence. Hope he returns soon.
Henry/Kokomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 12:45 PM   #6
fordy_nine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid the Maineiac View Post
Looks like Ron is holding that flattie up with one hand ! Ron,you're the man!! Hope someone is trying to help so you can get on here and post some savvy answers!!
After all, he IS a flathead magician. I miss his no-nonsense replies..Bob L
fordy_nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 01:19 PM   #7
Bruce Lancaster
Member Emeritus

He is one of the very most important people on here. His sight is an obstacle to exploring a new screen setup and experimenting to figgeritout. He may need someone to visit and show him what to do, get him registered, and all that stuff. Vermont.
Bruce Lancaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 01:34 PM   #8
Krylon32

This will be the first year I haven't been a vendor at York for about 15 years. Always enjoyed talking to Ron at that show. He had some interesting stuff!
Krylon32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 02:59 PM   #9
JM 35 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by av8paul View Post
I keep waiting for Ron to show up here. Come on Ron, I know you're lurking out there. We want and need your knowlege here on the new barn.

Here's an old picture I took of Ron at York, PA in 2001. He signed his book for me and I darned near wore it out. The re-print is locked away for my grandson, for when he needs it.
__________________________________________________ ___________

I met Ol' Ron there at York that same year. I must have talked to him for over an hour about Flathead engines and how I should build my 59ab. He told me to check out the Ford Barn website when I got back home and I've been reading and posting here since that day.I bought a copy of Nostalgia that Ron autographed for me. Didn't realize there was a good Chili recipe tucked in the back of the book until I finished reading it. His Chili was almost as good as his book . Like someone else said, we need to get him on board here. If someone could go up to his place and help him get signed in, that would be super!! If he is not signed up by July, maybe we can stop by his place on the Ford Barn New England Tour, help him get signed up and then eat all of his famous Chili that we can find. around there JM

"Never give up on what you really want to do. The person with big dreams is more powerful than one with all the facts". Albert Einstein
JM 35 Sedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 04:29 PM   #10
Ford46

The July "Fordbarn Tour" has Ol' Ron's new shop as a planned stop. I'm sure people would gladly help him out, however, July is way to far away from now! There has to be someone in the VT area who can give a hand......please, please get over there...we miss the man!!!! LouB.
Ford46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 06:26 PM   #11
av8paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by JM 35 Sedan View Post
__________________________________________________ ___________

I met Ol' Ron there at York that same year. I must have talked to him for over an hour about Flathead engines and how I should build my 59ab. He told me to check out the Ford Barn website when I got back home and I've been reading and posting here since that day.I bought a copy of Nostalgia that Ron autographed for me. Didn't realize there was a good Chili recipe tucked in the back of the book until I finished reading it. His Chili was almost as good as his book . Like someone else said, we need to get him on board here. If someone could go up to his place and help him get signed in, that would be super!! If he is not signed up by July, maybe we can stop by his place on the Ford Barn New England Tour, help him get signed up and then eat all of his famous Chili that we can find. around there JM

Gee, that's an old shot of my AV8. I've had a full hood and 16" black wheels since about 2004. Nice pic of Ol Ron. I've got more of him in the roadster, but they're lock up in a burned out MAC. Gotta get that thing straightened out.....
Old 05-20-2010, 10:14 PM   #12
JM 35 Sedan

Quote:
Gee, that's an old shot of my AV8. I've had a full hood and 16" black wheels since about 2004. Nice pic of Ol Ron. I've got more of him in the roadster, but they're lock up in a burned out MAC. Gotta get that thing straightened out.....
__________________________________________________ _____________

Paul, I downloaded that picture from someones post on the old Barn. It may have been your post and your picture , I can't remember. I think I also have one somewhere of him sitting in your roadster at one of the NE shows, maybe The Gathering of The Faithful, but I couldn't find it or I would have posted that one as well. That same picture is in the 2010 FB calendar for the month of October. Anyway, the main point of this string of posts is....WE NEED OL' RON HERE ON THE NEW BARN!! Could someone please help him get signed up? Thank you, JM

"Never give up on what you really want to do. The person with big dreams is more powerful than one with all the facts". Albert Einstein
JM 35 Sedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 05:16 AM   #13
av8paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by JM 35 Sedan View Post
__________________________________________________ _____________

Paul, I downloaded that picture from someones post on the old Barn. It may have been your post and your picture , I can't remember. I think I also have one somewhere of him sitting in your roadster at one of the NE shows, maybe The Gathering of The Faithful, but I couldn't find it or I would have posted that one as well. That same picture is in the 2010 FB calendar for the month of October. Anyway, the main point of this string of posts is....WE NEED OL' RON HERE ON THE NEW BARN!! Could someone please help him get signed up? Thank you, JM
Jim,
That picture of Ron is mine also. I took that two years ago at Rosner's Race Car Shop in Gil, Mass. Fred Rosner has a cruise night once a month at his shop. George Perry brought Ron down for the cruise in his Ardun powered sedan.

I was hoping one of Ron's grandsons would have had him set up on the new barn, by now. We certinally need his input.
Old 05-21-2010, 07:33 PM   #14
PeteVS

Quote:
Paul: I remember having seen that picture, and being impressed by it when I first found my way into the Barn. It's still inspirational.
Old 05-21-2010, 11:23 PM   #15
52merc

well guys i have just had news that ol ron will not be coming onto this site its plain & simple he has no interest in it at all & wishes you all would stop posting this wheres ol ron,,as i understand it he is just 1 of a number of old ford barners not making themselves available to this site thanks trev
52merc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 11:56 PM   #16
tom/illinois

I feel the same way. This site is o.k. but it's just not the same place.
tom/illinois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 08:47 PM   #17
Flat Ernie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 52merc View Post
well guys i have just had news that ol ron will not be coming onto this site its plain & simple he has no interest in it at all & wishes you all would stop posting this wheres ol ron,,as i understand it he is just 1 of a number of old ford barners not making themselves available to this site thanks trev
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom/illinois View Post
I feel the same way. This site is o.k. but it's just not the same place.
That's really disappointing to hear. The only constant in this world is change and the Fordbarn change, while upsetting to many, was probably necessary. The loss of Ol' Ron will be felt - hope he'll change his mind.

Give it time. It's not quite the same, but I think the content is coming around. The first week or so was just comments on the change, but now the topics are Ford related again...it's starting to feel familiar.

T5 Tech
Flat Ernie is offline   Reply With Quote