Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 02-01-2014, 02:00 AM   #21
ford38v8

Default Re: A very belated introduction

John, my big dissapointment last year was to miss your payback for that coffee. Of all the Meets to miss, and my car would have been featured, too! I'm not dead yet, Buddy! You're gonna pay!
Old 02-01-2014, 07:16 AM   #22

Thanks Alan For The Intro, Have Read And Learned A Lot from You're Posts And For That I Thank You, Age Is creeping Up On Most Of Us And Yes Health Issues As Well, With The Good Lords Help We Keep On Going, Keep You're Chin Up And Stay With Us. Wayne
3340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 07:30 AM   #23
BILL WZOREK

Alan:

I have my reading glasses on ~~~~ thanks
BILL WZOREK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 07:58 AM   #24
Mart

Thanks for the interesting intro. I'm sorry to hear that you and your wife's health issues are stopping you getting out and about in your 38. At least you can help us when we need advice.

Mart.
Mart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 11:45 AM   #25
David J

Thumbs up A worthy recipient

Like I said in the message to you after our somewhat bumpy meeting " your OK " and after seeing your perspective on things I reaffirm it . Actually with your quick wit and also your willingness to listen , reason and see through things I now put you on the top shelf here . Hang in there bud and God bless you and yours . Didn't plan on playing here anymore but you are worth giving a nod to . David J
David J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 12:07 PM   #26
JM 35 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford38v8 View Post
John, my big dissapointment last year was to miss your payback for that coffee. Of all the Meets to miss, and my car would have been featured, too! I'm not dead yet, Buddy! You're gonna pay!
Alan, I didn't know that you had missed the Tahoe meet. I just thought we missed each other. I did meet up with Brendan and his lovely wife. Met several other Fordbarners and V-8 Club website members. I am wondering if you got a copy of the CD with pictures that was sent to all who had registerd for this meet? I also have many pictures and videos that I took there that I could send you. Plus many pictures taken during our westbound and eastbound cross country tour adventures that have never been posted anywhere. I hope yours and your wifes health issues improve and you can enjoy driving that '38 again.

"Never give up on what you really want to do. The person with big dreams is more powerful than one with all the facts". Albert Einstein
JM 35 Sedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 12:40 PM   #27
Fredb_

Alan, thanks for the info on the brakes. Maybe someone here has a set of the parts that I need. Fred
Fredb_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 05:28 PM   #28
ford38v8

You guys... Blow me away with your kind words. I've always felt like a newbie here next to all the experts, and expected maybe a couple of "Hmmms" and not much more, but now realize that so many more of you have the same story as myself.

One thing I didn't mention earlier, I've made more friends with similar interests from all over the world than I ever thought possible prior to my getting my Ford and joining the Club and now the Barn, and that's what it's all about, really. I thank you all for making this hobby what it is. I don't think it could be like this if we collected Packards, right?

My son and I just got back from the store, stocking up on essentials for tomorrow. So tell me...
ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL?
Old 02-02-2014, 06:17 PM   #29
Fe26

Well done on your intro Alan, as they say 'better late than never'. I wish you and your wife all the best.
Fe26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 09:22 PM   #30
Old Henry

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford38v8 View Post
. . . so many more of you have the same story as myself.
You are fortunate, indeed, to have so many here on the forum with a story similar to yours. I'm afraid I can't say the same for me. I don't think I'd get as favorable response if I told my story as it is likely so different from most others. In fact, I would expect the jokes to go on ad nauseum as soon as I mentioned Lawyer and Mormon. Wouldn't care to have that. I take enough abuse as it is. So, I'll just keep quiet.

Yes, you are fortunate, indeed.

You have succeeded well in your "fervent desire to bring a chuckle along with some good advice" and I thank you.

All the best to you and yours.

Last edited by Old Henry; 02-02-2014 at 09:28 PM.
Old Henry is offline   Reply With Quote