Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2011, 07:09 PM   #1
2 VIKYS

Send a message via Yahoo to 2 VIKYS
Default To tell the truth from twovikys

I have been trying to sell my 1931 Model A Victoria on another antique car selling program . Someone bid my selling price but refused because he wanted a $18,000 Vicky for less than half that price. He had very ljttle knowledge about this car. His bid stopped the sale of the car and made things difficult for me with those program people. I have done more work on the and listed it again. Honesty and integrity is everyting to me. I would't cheat any one. Honor
PAUL BRANDS [email protected]
Old 09-19-2011, 11:24 PM   #2
Mike V. Florida

Send a message via AIM to Mike V. Florida
Default Re: To tell the truth from twovikys

As I have said, you cannot go wrong if you were to purchase a car from Paul!!
Old 09-20-2011, 02:15 AM   #3
29RPU

It is too bad that some people have no honor or dignity these days. Not only do they sting some potential buyers, but they make reputable, honest, good people fall victim to the imagination, causing us to doubt everyone we come in contact with. Although I wasn't involved in the related thread, my Samuel Adams is raised to you Paul!
Old 09-20-2011, 04:33 AM   #4
Robert

A man is as good as his word. A handshake SHOULD be your bond.
Old 09-20-2011, 07:05 PM   #5
THE T&A RANCH

I have been reading this sad story and feel I have to set things straight. I am the person Mr. Brands is talking about. The initial Ebay listing is #330614343995 Please check out the listing and the picture, as you will see the car is shown with wide whitewall tires and green wheels, original engine that needs to be rebuilt, all bad wood has been replaced, car is complete with nothing missing, etc. I drove to Mr. Brands residence with my trailer and the cash in my pocket. When I looked inside the car, all that was there was a pile of seat springs and some garnish moldings. The car had no motor, transmission, steering column or wheel, the wheels and tires had been changed, and it had blackwall tires and different wheels. It's basically a body sitting on a frame. When I asked him about the motor, he explained that the bare block with crank that was laying on the ground was it and said it needed to be sleeved and some story about another motor being overhauled by a friend. Not all of the wood was in the condition he stated, the top material was draped across the top of the car, the bumpers had some sort of silver tape on them, I didn't see any shocks, etc. I could go on forever, don't believe everything you read. I suggest checking out his new Ebay listing and looking at the car yourself before you even think about buying it. Normally, I wouldn't post anything like this, but after reading Mr. Brands comments, I thought everybody should know and tell the truth.
Old 09-20-2011, 07:29 PM   #6
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
OOoooooohhh, I sure hope this doesn't turn ugly. Life's too short to start stressing over something like this. Perception is sometimes difficult and mistakes are sometimes innocently made however in light of several hobbyists/Forbarn friends who have passed away recently please consider the bigger picture in all of this.

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

Old 09-20-2011, 08:13 PM   #7
THE T&A RANCH

I totally agree !!! Jon
Old 09-20-2011, 09:08 PM   #8
29RPU

So do I, and when I post about scammers, I don't mean either of these two. It sounds like an honest disagreement of condition in this case. My post above is referencing those who try to take advantage of others, in a pre-meditated manner, and they should swing form the trees.
Old 09-20-2011, 11:40 PM   #9
2 VIKYS

Send a message via Yahoo to 2 VIKYS

Lets set the record straight. as Jon said. Why did Jon get the winning bid to my car before he looked at it? I said the engine needed to be rebuilt. I said that nothing was missing from the car. I showed all the necessary parts and many many extras - right Jon. Jon shut down the bidding from lack of experience on e-bay I feel. I have invested over $13,500 in this 1931 car and over $36,000 in my 1930 Victoria. Victoria parts are expensive. Anyone who is restoring one knows. The situation here is I'm restoring TWO Victorias at the same time.(5 years so far) Jon admitted he didn't know much about the model A Victoria. This seems to be true. What should a $7.900 Model A victoria look like?
You Fordbarn participents will decide. This is the final blurb I will be giving to this situation. I'm sorry if the ad lacked something, but remember he could have contacted me before making a bid. "To good of a deal to pass up" [email protected]
Old 09-21-2011, 12:09 AM   #10
sonny30coupe

sounds like somebody should have been a little more clear in their description. Sounds a little misleading to me. I probably would not have upped the money once I got there either. Chnaged wheels and tires is the first thing wrong. Not a good deal. Way to go T& A
Old 09-21-2011, 12:18 AM   #11
J Franklin

I have sold cars on EPay and know that the description is most important, as well as good and many photos. I think the description on the subject ad was a little sparse. I think close-up shots of the engine, top and interior would have been nice as well as a disclaimer on the wheels would have been nice also. was the engine rebuild-able?
Old 09-21-2011, 12:20 PM   #12
ford1

i am not taking sides in this discussion, but altho i love watching the american pickers show, i believe they are the cause of a lot of misunderstandings on the value of things,the prices they pay are outlandish, but they dont pay them, the producers of the show do, it makes for a large audience, they have people thinking a bucket of model a or any other car rust is worth $1000 of dollars, the program has the novice collocters asking rediculous prices for things a collector in the know wont even look at, a much more clear discription of the car, and what will be included in the price would have stoped this disageement, and clear pictures and a lot of them would be advisable
Old 09-21-2011, 12:25 PM   #13
MrTube

I did not see the auction, but I will add when I ebay things I show pictures of the exact item in the exact condition I am selling it. I expect the same when I buy.

I have been an ebay member since Aug 1998 and have had few problems along the way.
Old 09-21-2011, 04:20 PM   #14
Ryan
Administrator

We don't' police ebay here fellas...
Closed Thread